Orchard Hills North

lnc said:
iacrenter said:
irvineboy said:
The top of the Groves area is being occupied by Toll Brothers.  So Toll will probably be building the ultra big homes at the top.  Still dont really see where the view lots are since the orchard trees cover the top of the hill.

I would wait for OH neighborhood 4. It might be a few years but the views will be worth it.

I would like to wait for OH 4 too but it might be more than just a few years.

I guess it will depends on the price point of the home that are going to be build on OH 4.

If the price is going to be similar the gated Grove, then it really will take decades.  It have to wait after these high price neighborhood like Grove North, gated OH 3 and gated PS 5 to be completed. 

If OH 4 price like the non-gated side of OH or Stonegate, from $0.5m to low $1m, then it probably will open faster.  After Stonegate and Eastwood is completed, only place left for $500k to low $1m TIC neighborhood is the Portola Springs Neighborhood 4.  And we all know that home price at $0.5m to low $1m range are at a sweat spot and sell at faster pace, therefore if OH 4 price at these price point, they well be on the market sooner. 

If it has a view it will be priced at a premium. They may put moderately priced homes/attached products at the base of the hill but this is just speculation.

Looking at the master plan map (which is subject to change), most of the higher elevation roads in OH4 are laid out in culdesacs similar to upper portions of QH. I could imagine TIC gating those view homes and having non gated/cheaper /non view homes near the base.

lnc said:
Just to clarify with all the OH 1 development.  Info are from page 1 post by test

Orchard Hills Neighborhood 1

Phase 1:  Capella, La Vita, Messina, Trevi, Amelia etc.

Phase 2: (Orchard Hill North)

Capella extension (128 units, 2906-3233 s.f., 47'x80' lot)
Mulberry clone (135 units, 2353-2729 s.f., 65'x55' lot)
Unknown builder SFR (110 units, 2999-3343 s.f., 55'x80' lot)

Phase 3: (Orchard Hills North)

1. SFR (92 units, 4196-4528 s.f., 80'x75' lot)
2. SFR (93 units, 4244-4700 s.f., 55'-60'x110' lot)

Phase 4: (Orchard Hills North)

Large estate home
I've heard through the grapevine that Phase 4 was actually going to consist of custom home lots. Any truth in this?

Irvine Dream said:
Do you know how many homes total in Phase 1?  About 500?  How many sold as of now, about 40%?  Will there be only two gates for entrance?

Amelia  76
Trevi    110*
Capella  72
Vicenza  91
Saviero  90
Messina 102
La Vita  72
Total613

*I'm not sure about the Trevi's number, kind of surprise they build that many.
See the map athttp://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,11114.msg214166.html#msg214166[/SIZE]

About the gates, looks like there will be only two gate for the entire Groves.  But just think positive, fewer gates means fewer guards need to be paid. :)

Villager said:
I've heard through the grapevine that Phase 4 was actually going to consist of custom home lots. Any truth in this?

I have no idea.

All we know is that Phase 4 consists of pretty impressive size lots and whatever they're going to build there, it's going to be bigger than Trevi and Marbella. 

lnc said:
Villager said:

I have no idea.

All we know is that Phase 4 consists of pretty impressive size lots and whatever they're going to build there, it's going to be bigger than Trevi and Marbella.
I've never seen any tract housing development (semi-custom or not) that ever went beyond 6000 sqft outside of Crystal Cove. It should be interesting to see what they decide to do.

Irvine Dream said:
irvineboy said:
  Capella just isn't doing what Amelia/Trevi/La Vita are doing.  Vicenza isn't doing that well either.
I think only Trevi and LaVita are doing well.  All others don't have significant price appreciation.  However,  if the builder figure out a way to sell these at or above the first phase prices, once it is built out I think they have great potential for appreciation (as long as OH and Beckman continues to do well).  So when is the guard going to come, in 10 years?

Unless you're banking on a quick flip the 1 year appreciation of my home doesn't really matter much to me. The base price of my house was still under $1.3m and I predict in the future (unless we have another 2008 crash) it'll be hard to get a home in the groves for under $1.3 if the Stradas are selling now for over $1.25.
I'm in this for at least 10 years or more so hope by then all the construction will settle down and we'll have some appreciation.
Don't get me wrong - I hate the construction. But I love the OH neighborhood. The topography is beautiful and the sunsets from here are quite breath taking. So although appreciation is always nice, it shouldn't be priority #1 in a primary residence. To me at least enjoying the home you live in is more important - that's just me.
Those custom plot homes sound intriguing - anyone with more info on those? Where's TLONL?

Paris said:
Irvine Dream said:
irvineboy said:
  Capella just isn't doing what Amelia/Trevi/La Vita are doing.  Vicenza isn't doing that well either.
I think only Trevi and LaVita are doing well.  All others don't have significant price appreciation.  However,  if the builder figure out a way to sell these at or above the first phase prices, once it is built out I think they have great potential for appreciation (as long as OH and Beckman continues to do well).  So when is the guard going to come, in 10 years?

Unless you're banking on a quick flip the 1 year appreciation of my home doesn't really matter much to me. The base price of my house was still under $1.3m and I predict in the future (unless we have another 2008 crash) it'll be hard to get a home in the groves for under $1.3 if the Stradas are selling now for over $1.25.
I'm in this for at least 10 years or more so hope by then all the construction will settle down and we'll have some appreciation.
Don't get me wrong - I hate the construction. But I love the OH neighborhood. The topography is beautiful and the sunsets from here are quite breath taking. So although appreciation is always nice, it shouldn't be priority #1 in a primary residence. To me at least enjoying the home you live in is more important - that's just me.
Those custom plot homes sound intriguing - anyone with more info on those? Where's TLONL?

OH is a great location. I agree in the long run the homes will do well. Irvine is running out of land and the best areas are already taken.

Did some digging about the large Phase 4 homes and here's what I've found.

1.  Don't think it will be custom home.  All models are already designed and lot are all assigned to a specific models.

2.  Base on my observation, there's two distinct track of homes at Phase 4 and each have 3 different models.  (There's official track name/VTTM number for them but let's just call the one on the West, track 1 and the one on the East, track 2)

3.  The Track 1 seems more spaced out then Track 2 lots, possible Track 1 has larger lot and larger sq.ft. homes.

4. According to city record, the project is been delayed.

5. The model number in the pics are not official, I just label them for comparison purpose.

Attachments

• OH P4.jpg
    OH P4.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 397
  • Track 1.jpg
    Track 1.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 321
  • Track 2.jpg
    Track 2.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 327
Had to adjust my eyes.  So much space between the houses. Used to seeing globs of green all next to one another.

lnc said:

1.  Don't think it will be custom home.  All models are already designed and lot are all assigned to a specific models.

2.  Base on my observation, there's two distinct track of homes at Phase 4 and each have 3 different models.  (There's official track name/VTTM number for them but let's just call the one on the West, track 1 and the one on the East, track 2)

3.  The Track 1 seems more spaced out then Track 2 lots, possible Track 1 has larger lot and larger sq.ft. homes.

5. The model number in the pics are not official, I just label them for comparison purpose.
Based on your attached photo of Tract 1, it looks like it was initially going to be a clone of La Cima at Turtle Ridge, or Sea Point at Crystal Cove (which is a La Cima clone). Both were built by John Laing Homes, which doesn't exist anymore. So based on that, it looks like these photos are a bit outdated. It makes sense that John Laing was going to build here, considering that they were the main luxury house builders in the mid 2000s, when OH was initially supposed to open. Maybe TIC will give these lots to New Home instead.

Attachments

• Track 1.jpg
    Track 1.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 270
  • Screen Shot 2015-12-19 at 10.58.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-19 at 10.58.46 AM.png
    842.4 KB · Views: 348
Paris said:
Irvine Dream said:
irvineboy said:

There are three Strada Plan 3s in my appraisal that are all over $1.3M after design center upgrades, and before post-COE upgrades including backyard landscaping. These homes are all on lots larger than 4K sq ft.

There are quite a few large lots in the houses being framed right now in Strada. Those will all have premiums over base pricing. The Strada Plan 3 base price appears to be in the $1.25M+ range today. The final five phases are nearly all typical lots (10'-17' setbacks). It'll be interesting to see where the final base prices are.

Villager said:
lnc said:

Based on your attached photo of Tract 1, it looks like it was initially going to be a clone of La Cima at Turtle Ridge, or Sea Point at Crystal Cove (which is a La Cima clone). Both were built by John Laing Homes, which doesn't exist anymore. So based on that, it looks like these photos are a bit outdated. It makes sense that John Laing was going to build here, considering that they were the main luxury house builders in the mid 2000s, when OH was initially supposed to open. Maybe TIC will give these lots to New Home instead.

La Cima was the tract that immediately popped in my head. These pictures have the exact same floorpan blueprints in them. I really liked La Cima but I don't expect another duplicate of that tract to be made again.

shadyoc said:
How much do you think the Capella pt 2 an Mulberry clones will start at? 

For the Mulberry clone, I would guess IP priced it similar to recent phase Strada in terms of price/sq.ft.  Strada already has OH price premium, I don't think the gated side will add even more to it.

As for Capella II, I'm sure TM will not increase the price any more than Capella I.  With Capella's sale pace, I would not be surprised if TM even  lower the price for Capella II. 

irviniteeee said:
Villager said:
lnc said:

La Cima was the tract that immediately popped in my head. These pictures have the exact same floorpan blueprints in them. I really liked La Cima but I don't expect another duplicate of that tract to be made again.
I don't expect a duplicate to be made either, as the builder filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy in 2009. After that, they stopped building altogether, including projects that were in the process of being built out; Seapoint at Crystal Cove was not, and still is not, built out (I believe The New Home Company will be building on the remaining lots in 2016).

And it's better that the homes are not duplicated here. John Laing used the La Cima floorplans over and over again, first in Turtle Ridge, then at Talega, then at Crystal Cove, then at God-knows-where-else. When you're paying that much for a house, I would expect a more unique product (cough cough Toll Brothers, cough cough Hidden Canyon).

lnc said:
shadyoc said:

For the Mulberry clone, I would guess IP priced it similar to recent phase Strada in terms of price/sq.ft.  Strada already has OH price premium, I don't think the gated side will add even more to it.

As for Capella II, I'm sure TM will not increase the price any more than Capella I.  With Capella's sale pace, I would not be surprised if TM even  lower the price for Capella II.

Should be around $1.3m.  Can't go down in price from the other homes.

lovingit said:
lnc said:
shadyoc said:

Should be around $1.3m.  Can't go down in price from the other homes.

I actually disagree.  There are a ton of Capellas that they cannot sell right now even with price reductions.  As someone mentioned in a another thread, the quick moves in they have right now are actually cheaper than the first phases because of all the builder options in place.  If these do not sell, expect more price reductions.  If there was no Capella II in the future, I could see TM holding onto these for longer without price reductions, but they have dozens and dozens of more homes coming online with future phases. 

Back