Orchard Hills Neighborhood 3

Jcl725 said:
Jcl725 said:
Even though the Irvine Pacific plans are boring and recycled, they work, at least for my needs (subjective, obviously).  I sat in the models for about 30 minutes each and envisioned living there (I'm lame), and I didn't think boring/recycled.  It just made sense. 
I concluded that the latter is much more important FOR ME.  Large open living area, large master and secondary bedrooms, nice kitchen, decent size yard - those are the things I will appreciate most when living in a house.

I guess this is subjective to say the least because everyone we toured the oh3 models with concluded the masters and especially the secondary rooms were tiny except Terra (which was barely up to snuff for that square foot class).  Yes the great room has the most square footage as in most IP products, but my issue has nothing to do with boring.  Their products just don?t feel nearly as large as their stated sizes might suggest.

upon9k said:
Their products just don?t feel nearly as large as their stated sizes might suggest.

Funny you say that because I felt the same way.  Who volunteers to go measure? (if that's even possible)

Jcl725 said:
Funny you say that because I felt the same way.  Who volunteers to go measure? (if that's even possible)

Lack of California room / conservatory?

I need to go back to see the models with less people inside.

marmott said:
Jcl725 said:

Lack of California room / conservatory?

I need to go back to see the models with less people inside.

It looks smaller as the TIC floor plans include all the functional spaces compacted into 2,400 to 3,000 sqft including 4 bedrooms, Loft, etc.  These are very functional and useful floor plans for day-to day living just like Honda Accords and Toyota Camry (boring but reliable and works fine).  If these floor plans were super hot sellers for the past 5 years, why should they change?  Non TIC builders and floor plans will present the more interesting floor plans at later date to mix things up.

Price is high, but will be beautiful once the village is fully-built out.  However, those Varenna/Pavoda sounds like a bargain now albeit it's close to Toll.  These homes sold out or are selling pretty well now that EW and OH3 prices are elevated.

OCLuvr said:
Any idea about Sales so far?

Last time we checked was two days ago (Monday), and received word from the sales office that Como sold 2 homes out of the 6 since grand opening day...pretty sure the smaller detached condos are selling faster than Como or Terra since the price point is a bit "friendlier" when compared to the square footage offered.

Doesn't phase 1 normally sell out right away with these IPAC built Irvine villages?  Plan 4's 1.1mil for a 3bed, 2.5 bath doesn't sound appealing to me at that price point, even if it is behind the gates. 

Rtlguru said:
5/7 Vivos sold.

akkord said:
Doesn't phase 1 normally sell out right away with these IPAC built Irvine villages?  Plan 4's 1.1mil for a 3bed, 2.5 bath doesn't sound appealing to me at that price point, even if it is behind the gates. 

Rtlguru said:
5/7 Vivos sold.

That is one of the 2 not sold. Other is the corner next to the main entrance. Plan 4 in phase 1 has driveway you can park on, but with no view, it isn't appealing.

Stopped by como and terra. Como told me view lot premium unknown at this time but threw out $150k-450k. I told her totally worth it even at $450k :)

Terra didn't throw out a number.

Como has sold all but one. Terra sold half.

As for the floor plans. definitely vanilla but functional and fine.

bones said:
Stopped by como and terra. Como told me view lot premium unknown at this time but threw out $150k-450k. I told her totally worth it even at $450k :)

They?re probably a bit nervous as they probably expected to sell out rather quicker for the first phases.

roya1f1ush said:
bones said:

They?re probably a bit nervous as they probably expected to sell out rather quicker for the first phases.

Terra is priced very aggressively. $500-$525 PSF for non view lots. They'll have problems moving the non-view product. Plus I'm sure everyone is just waiting to see what the view pricing is. If it's a big number, then some may just settle for an interior lot.

bones said:

$450!?  Are they nuts?  That would put Como at $1.8-1.9M before upgrades.  That's >$700 per sq feet!  If you must have a view and are going to live there forever, then I guess.  But for $2M+ built out / >$700 per sq ft, there's a ton of other stuff I would rather buy.

Jcl725 said:
bones said:

$450!?  Are they nuts?  That would put Como at $1.8-1.9M before upgrades.  That's >$700 per sq feet!  If you must have a view and are going to live there forever, then I guess.  But for $2M+ built out / >$700 per sq ft, there's a ton of other stuff I would rather buy.

Funny you say that.  They mentioned some people on the list are  prequaled up to $2m :)

bones said:
Jcl725 said:
bones said:

Funny you say that.  They mentioned some people on the list are  prequaled up to $2m :)

Then no Terra with a view for those people.  $1.8-1.9M is Como assuming 450k view premium.  Terra would be $2.0-$2.1M before price increases between phases, large lot premiums, and upgrades/landscaping.  Wowzers.  My guess is they will have a very hard time selling at these prices.

Jcl725 said:
bones said:
Jcl725 said:
bones said:

Then no Terra with a view for those people.  $1.8-1.9M is Como assuming 450k view premium.  Terra would be $2.0-$2.1M before price increases between phases, large lot premiums, and upgrades/landscaping.  Wowzers.  My guess is they will have a very hard time selling at these prices.

I think como has the better view lots. I'm not super familiar with the site plans but I think some of the Terra view lots overlook the reservoir and the canyon whereas como is all city.

OCLuvr said:
Any idea about Sales so far?

This is what the sales persons told me.

Vivo - 5/7 are spoken for and they have buyers lined up for the other two so an expected sell-out. April move-in. They have 149 lots, only 22 classified as view lots.

Verdi - 2/8 sold, December/January move-in. Looks like they have 96 homes - none with a view.

Como - 2/6 sold, working on 3 others. April move-in. 84 lots, 31 with views. They have an excellent overall location.

Lago - 1/8 sold, working on 3 others. 134 lots, none with views. Actually a new IP design.

Terra - 2/8 sold, working on 2 others, 130 lots. Community split in half, the first half has 39 lots, 12 with city views. Expected price for view lots $2-2.1 million.

Already posted Vivo and Terra price sheets - here are the others:

Attachments

• Verdi Prices.jpg
    Verdi Prices.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 597
  • Como Prices.jpg
    Como Prices.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 620
  • Lago Prices.jpg
    Lago Prices.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 493
Back