Orchard Hills Neighborhood 3

Burn That Belly said:
Nobody?s bragging. Can?t believe folks on here get butt hurt and believe every word any man writes.

Good for you, that your friends brag to you about how they bought their homes and Mercedes and share NONE of that wealth with you. LOL. Who's really laughing.

Two words in life : due diligence

I sleep upside down? Do you believe that?

I hate whoppers? Do you believe that?

Mommy and daddy... I make stuff up to make other folks feel better because somebody else was getting attacked, then people just kept riding on it.

Piss off and go bark up a tree.
Otherwise, go buy in OH3 or go home.

Don?t be mad bro. Life ain?t fair. Don?t blame others for your own problems in life. Instead, pour your heart out to God. When you reach the valley of the shadow of death, you only answer to the Lord.

P.S. I?ve got a 11-incher?? yeah you better start believing that too! Mr. Naive-gullible-adolescent ?irvineboy?

First of all, I?m not your bro.

Secondly, where in my previous post did I state that made you believe that my friends have to share their wealth?  I?m not upset that my friends are self sufficient and successful without mommy and daddy?s help.  You keep saying how great this community is and people who disagree with you can?t afford it.  How do you know whether we can or cannot afford it?  How do you know that the person who shares his opinion about OH3?s small lots and premium prices doesn?t live in Newport or Shady Canyon and actually can afford it, but still thinks it?s not worth it?  Trust me, I am not in a bad place and I don?t need to divulge everything online like you do.  Folks just are getting annoyed with your posts, if you can?t get a sign already.

Saw the models. Floor plans are uninspiring but the view lots are special.  If you buy here, make sure you get good fire insurance. All that elevation and dry wilderness makes for a dangerous combination.

Like you said, Freedom of speech boy.  Just cause I said pass on Altair doesn?t mean anything.  You?re assuming because I said that, I belong in a certain tax bracket.  Maybe i am the 1% bracket or maybe I?m the 99% bracket.

iacrenter said:
Saw the models. Floor plans are uninspiring but the view lots are special.  If you buy here, make sure you get good fire insurance. All that elevation and dry wilderness makes for a dangerous combination.
Especially with the recent fires here and up north.  Need to raze and tarp or something surrounding the border of the wilderness.  PS5 at least has Portola for fire to jump over.

Another downer is the funky reservoir, looks stale and algae prone?

If I had BTB's parents money to fund me, I would want the view lots there! 

Burn That Belly said:
Is it worth the $125K price tag? What is that about 10% more base price? Absolutely! It is a no brainer. I highly recommend all to pay the ~10% premium for the view lots.

$125K view lot premium / $1.369K base price = 9.13% 

Is it even confirm that view lot premium is $125K?

Right now Como with no view is 540/550 $/sqft for plan 1 and 520/530 $/sqft for 2/2X.

Btw 32 view lots and 53 non view lots. So the majority still pays a premium for not much.

This was a lot of information.

I am moving to Irvine and have been looking for a place I can call home. It seems as though some people are blowing up OH3 to be prime land. From my understanding, I thought most people want to buy in south Irvine because cooler weather and closer to Newport. With the recent fires, I'm not sure being so close to the hills is a safe bet. Homes are definitely affordable here and you get more bang for your buck being in north Irvine but obviously there's a reason for that.

When I first heard about the Reserve having a reservior I thought how nice that would be. After seeing it, I wasn't impressed. That thing look like it was about to dry out. I'm sure homes in OH3 with views will sell well hence Bella and Alta with views have been selling well. Can't say that same for ones that don't have a view. I would like to see how OH3 with no views will sell.  Especially the ones on a motor court.

Anyone know if Toll Brother will be building in OH3? I don't mind waiting as we can stay at a move in ready home for now and wait for better quality builders. The floor plans did not wow me at all. From what I've read IPAC as a builder are horrible. They only do well because they get in first selling the smaller homes and setting it up for the future more prestigious builders. For those who can't afford the more expensive homes in the future, try to get in early or they are waiting and just buying it as a stopping ground. At this point, all homes in OH3 currently are build by IPAC. No choice what so ever. I don't want to buy a Toyata Camry engine in a Ferrari. I want to buy the actual Ferrari.

Thank you AW. Hidden Cayon homes are beautiful! The only thing I?m worried about is the high speed intersection when you first come out of the community. I read that a child has died and that?s so heart breaking. It worried me as we are a growing family.

I have yet to see Altair. I?ve only read some of the concerns. Sounds like it?s also a beautiful community and Toll Brother has included more upgrades than hidden canyon and OH did not have. Maybe it?s their way to incentivize people to purchase there. I definitely need to stop by and see for myself.

East2West said:
Thank you AW. Hidden Cayon homes are beautiful! The only thing I?m worried about is the high speed intersection when you first come out of the community. I read that a child has died and that?s so heart breaking. It worried me as we are a growing family.

I have yet to see Altair. I?ve only read some of the concerns. Sounds like it?s also a beautiful community and Toll Brother has included more upgrades than hidden canyon and OH did not have. Maybe it?s their way to incentivize people to purchase there. I definitely need to stop by and see for myself.

Same reason Laguna Altura added "No right on red" as you exit.  I don't think if I lived in Hidden Canyon I'd be taking walks outside the gates, it's a busy 133 right there and not worth the risk.

You should definitely stop by Altair.  The models are beautiful as expected.  The community as a whole will look exceptional when completed.  It has a modern feel unlike any other communty in Irvine.  It is a little out there and that is one of the main reasons why it is slightly discounted. But still expensive by all means.  I think once everything is built out it should all even out or even jump higher in appreciation if portola high matches what northwood did when they first opened.  Heard all signs showing portola high should perform very well In the near future. 

With every new IP community, many posters here offer the same tired old refrain: "it's overpriced!" , "Tired old floorplans." Etc. Yet buyers in every IP community: Laguna Altura, Stonegate, Cypress Village, Eastwood, Orchard Hills, have done just dandy. Early buyers have made out like bandits. Remember when people here whined that Strata was overpriced at $900k or even more extreme whining later about Eastwood? You may not like BTB's opinions but they are data driven rather than emotion driven.

Trojanman said:
You should definitely stop by Altair.  The models are beautiful as expected.  The community as a whole will look exceptional when completed.  It has a modern feel unlike any other communty in Irvine.  It is a little out there and that is one of the main reasons why it is slightly discounted. But still expensive by all means.  I think once everything is built out it should all even out or even jump higher in appreciation if portola high matches what northwood did when they first opened.  Heard all signs showing portola high should perform very well In the near future.

Altair community looks great, but just can't get over that $10k to $16k Mello Roos + 2% increase per annum for 40 years.

Trojanman said:

Btw this guy must work at Altair looking at his post history  ;D

Goriot said:
Altair community looks great, but just can't get over that $10k to $16k Mello Roos + 2% increase per annum for 40 years.

MR keeps the riff raff out.  Clearly it's working lol.

Back