Orchard Hills - Capella by Taylor Morrison

That one at $1.288m is because it feels so cramped with the 14 foot wall behind it and surrounded by homes on both sides.  The community is almost done with the model homes releasing soon.

irvineboy said:
That one at $1.288m is because it feels so cramped with the 14 foot wall behind it and surrounded by homes on both sides.  The community is almost done with the model homes releasing soon.

Wow...so wonder who is going to sell out first behind the gates?

Went to see the house which is very dark inside.  Feels there is not enough light for the 1st floor,  like living in a CAVE.

irvineboy said:

So they are not using the same model homes for Capella II?  They are building new model homes?  I seriously doubt they will price it or hope to get 1.9 million for these model homes.  They will likely need to be price  below 1.6 million for any chance to sell.

btw, I don't see any quick homes for sale on Capella website.  Is the $1.288 million one gone?  Looks like inventory in OH is starting to move again. 
Should have snatched one of those view homes while you could have negotiated a big discount for the long-run.  I guess they are close to selling out now.  I would guess that model homes will be mid $1.6-$1.7 million ish.

Are they still sticking to Capella II after the slow sales or are they altering the plan? Irvine Company is pretty good at keeping things secret.  Summer releases (July/Aug) are only few months away and no one knows.  I asked OH sales at existing homes and they have no clue either.

They already started framing the new homes above Capella. Not sure if this is Capella II or Mulberry but it seems like a big secret with no news.

Goriot said:
btw, I don't see any quick homes for sale on Capella website.  Is the $1.288 million one gone?  Looks like inventory in OH is starting to move again. 
Should have snatched one of those view homes while you could have negotiated a big discount for the long-run.  I guess they are close to selling out now.  I would guess that model homes will be mid $1.6-$1.7 million ish.

Are they still sticking to Capella II after the slow sales or are they altering the plan? Irvine Company is pretty good at keeping things secret.  Summer releases (July/Aug) are only few months away and no one knows.  I asked OH sales at existing homes and they have no clue either.
My understanding was there is no more Capella II (at least that is what their sales person told me...could have just been a ploy). 

Goriot said:

I just checked too. Its not on website. Maybe it went pending?

Irvine Fanatic said:
Goriot said:

I just checked too. Its not on website. Maybe it went pending?

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/121-Long-Fence-92602/home/68420673

Irvine Fanatic said:
They already started framing the new homes above Capella. Not sure if this is Capella II or Mulberry but it seems like a big secret with no news.

Probably the Mulberry look-alike called Varenna by Tri Pointe Home and supposedly the grand opening is in July. 

So TM axed the Capella II?  That's interesting.

Irvine or Bust said:
Are there a lot of FCB or local buyers in the neighborhood?

I would estimate only about 30% FCB. Mostly local buyers, even Asisn neighbors are more Americanized. A lot of families with young children. I love our neighbors, everyone is friendly and very nice.

Paris said:
Irvine or Bust said:
Are there a lot of FCB or local buyers in the neighborhood?

I would estimate only about 30% FCB. Mostly local buyers, even Asisn neighbors are more Americanized. A lot of families with young children. I love our neighbors, everyone is friendly and very nice.

Good to know. Seems like FCB turn their purchases into rentals or Airbnb or leave them empty with weeds galore.

Irvine Fanatic said:
I am pretty sure that Capella II is alive and well.  What we thought was Mulberry clone was replaced by Tri Pointe Homes.  I don't think IP has any houses on the gated side

Irvine Dream said:
Irvine Fanatic said:
I am pretty sure that Capella II is alive and well.  What we thought was Mulberry clone was replaced by Tri Pointe Homes.  I don't think IP has any houses on the gated side

121 Long Fence is pending. Asked the sales staff today about it and someone signed papers for it this past weekend.

They also said they don't know anything about an additional TM development in Orchard Hills (other than Saviero, which is starting their second set of homes soon).  But maybe they're just denying the rumors about Capella II because they want to make sure they finish selling Capella I?

Back