Orchard Hills - Capella by Taylor Morrison

DrTravel said:
Here's the latest pricing for Capella. Since I posted the same info back on 12/25/15 here's what has changed. No new homes have been started. Of the 18 that were shown as available back then I believe 10 have sold (not 100% sure what the yellow sites indicates) so there are now 8 homes available.

For pricing, two homes are shown on this price sheet and the 12/25 price sheet.

Homesite 53 which dropped in price from $1,408,413 to $1,330,817
Homesite 19 which dropped in price from $1,492,000 to $1,442,710
Thanks DrTravel.  Highly upgraded house shown at 1.3 million, hence the base price is less than the first phase.  Glad I dodged that bullet.

gld2 said:
Would anyone pick Lot 19 at the current price?  Lot 19 is at the T shape.

I say Lot 19 could be a descent deal.  It's T, but its facing short cul-de-sac.  So this one is alot better than a typical T.  I say someone bid $100k lower and take it for mid $1.3 million.  This will be a steal compared to Belvedere plan 3 with options at mid $1.3 million.

Currently it is hard to sell,  and the problem is that it will be harder when it is at resell. 

Goriot said:
gld2 said:

I say Lot 19 could be a descent deal.  It's T, but its facing short cul-de-sac.  So this one is alot better than a typical T.  I say someone bid $100k lower and take it for mid $1.3 million.  This will be a steal compared to Belvedere plan 3 with options at mid $1.3 million.

Goriot said:
gld2 said:

I checked this one out sometime back, The house No. is 124, with the dreaded 4 and T junction combined

It is true  :D.  When it is combined with #4 and T shape, lots of potential buyers would not even give a chance to look at the house, specially for Asian buyers,  the pool of the your buyers will be much smaller.  Is it the reason that you did not pick the house?

Irvine Dream said:
Goriot said:
gld2 said:

I checked this one out sometime back, The house No. is 124, with the dreaded 4 and T junction combined

I look at those residence 1  prices and that is what, 400 sq ft bigger than Belvedere at basically the same price (with upgrades).  Anyone know what the current co-op is on Capella?  This is a little more than I want to spend, but presuming you could get 50K-75K off plus some negotiated broker co-op, not a bad overall price for the house. Lot sizes are meh and I do agree with others that the neighborhood is a bit crammed, but facilities are nice and plenty of far more pricey homes within the gates. 

The yellow homes are the ones in construction right now. the dark blue are yet to be constructed.
Short term price fluctuations tell you nothing about long term resale value. I love living here and love my Capella home. We enjoy the groves OH unique topography and will be here at least until our kids go to college 13-15 years from now. I know some feel like the neighborhood is "cramped" but most of the 72 homes have views and no homes behind them. Personally to me having to look at myltiple homes behind you feels cramped and lacks privacy. I have orchard hills behind me and to me that's serene and off sets the smaller back yard.

looking at the ridiculous pricing at other Irvine Villages I know that long term these houses will do just fine. We can revisit this conversation in about 10 years when most of Irvine will be built out and there are more solid resale trends.

@Paris...Do you have any insight into Orchard Hills K-8 expanding from it's current grades 5-8? From reading your response, it looks like you have kids that should be going to Orchard Hills School? Thank you in advance...

Legit949 said:
@Paris...Do you have any insight into Orchard Hills K-8 expanding from it's current grades 5-8? From reading your response, it looks like you have kids that should be going to Orchard Hills School? Thank you in advance...

TUSD at its best.

They were supposed to open an additional grade every school year, but that hasn't happened (nor are there any timelines to do so).

Winning.

Legit949 said:

They are supposed to expand but no word of it yet. My older one goes to Hicks Elementary (little one is still in preschool) and even though not as convenient as OH school we really like Hicks. The experience with the teachers and administration has been positive so far.

By the time the little one is ready for kinder I'm hoping OH would be where I'd send him but who knows. It may very well take 5-6 years to get OH school at K-8.

@ Gasman - Thank you! We were were told the same exact thing. Very disappointing at this point. But, from the looks of things, Orchard Hills School will be unbelievable once it's open/if it opens grades K-4...

Legit949 said:
@ Gasman - Thank you! We were were told the same exact thing. Very disappointing at this point. But, from the looks of things, Orchard Hills School will be unbelievable once it's open/if it opens grades K-4...

Agreed!  It will be amazing in 2024 when all grades eventually open. :)

I kid, I kid... (sort of)

New price. Another lot at 1.28888m

All those 8's...

There on Redfin, but also MLS listed. So you can actually submit an offer plus work with agent on rebate

As noted by AW, literally days after I posted the latest price sheet two more price reductions

Lot 58 121 Long Fence went from $1,336,590 to $1,288,880
Lot 19 124 Long Fence went from $1,442,710 to $1,388,880

So now the most expensive view lot is $1,388,880, most expensive corner lot is $1,354,536 and the most expensive interior lot is $1,343,030. And remember these prices include builder upgrades AND flooring - in the range of $75-100K worth. Definitely much closer to value plays than anything else new in Irvine. Cheapest lot is $1,279,190.

Maybe my visit to the model homes shook them up or was it the TI crowd?

Happy Easter everybody

Back