Orchard Hills - Capella by Taylor Morrison

Is Capella 2 in a worse location up the hill?  It's higher up but anyone been up there to see if you can hear the toll?

Watch they start those homes in the $1.4m

Irvine Dream said:
Irvine Fanatic said:
They already started framing the new homes above Capella. Not sure if this is Capella II or Mulberry but it seems like a big secret with no news.
I am pretty sure that Capella II is alive and well.  What we thought was Mulberry clone was replaced by Tri Pointe Homes.  I don't think IP has any houses on the gated side
They are building an extension of Saviero but not Capella. I was told Capella extension was cancelled now by a second person.  I have no idea if TriPointe was a replacement or not, but TM decided they did not want to sell Capella backing the toll roads. Presume it had something to do with the timing of the current project, etc, and ultimately deciding the ROI to build wasn't there? 

Funny thing is I heard the same thing.  No more Capella 2.
Do we all have the same source!?!  Lol

AW said:
Funny thing is I heard the same thing.  No more Capella 2.
Do we all have the same source!?!  Lol
One of my sources was same as everyone's here (the sales person at Capella)...the other was from a sales person who is a family friend at another OH track (who for all I know heard it from the same person...but this individual is extremely well connected). 

It's official.

Capella now sold out except for the remaining model homes! I believe the residence 1 and residence 3 models are still available.

madhandles said:
It's official.

Capella now sold out except for the remaining model homes! I believe the residence 1 and residence 3 models are still available.

Did they already sell Model plan 2? Are you able to confirm if they are going to sell the model homes.  If so than, I guess no Capella II extension?

madhandles said:
It's official.

Plan 2 model sold before plan 1? That's interesting, I thought plan 1 was more popular.

madhandles said:
It's official.

Vow, guess I was wrong.  What are the prices on the sold and the remaining model homes?

Irvine Dream said:
madhandles said:
It's official.

Vow, guess I was wrong.  What are the prices on the sold and the remaining model homes?

I think Model home prices were initially "quoted" by sales as $1.8 but this was from a recent source that got it from the sales office. Nothing on the website. I'll stop by this week and see if I can get some scoop. It'll be interesting to know.
Who would have thought Capella would be one of the first to sell out. Is La Vita sold out yet including models? 

Heard it was $1.9m without furniture and $2.1m with furniture.  So let's say $1.6m without the upgrades and landscape.  So phase 1 owners only made $300k in equity?

shadyoc said:
Heard it was $1.9m without furniture and $2.1m with furniture.  So let's say $1.6m without the upgrades and landscape.  So phase 1 owners only made $300k in equity?

What the fuck are you talking about only 300k? 300k is pretty good.

shadyoc said:
$300k is nada compared to the La Vita folks who made $700k- $1m+ on some of the plans in just over a year.

I think la vita was the outlier in OH with that kind of ridiculous appreciation.

shadyoc said:
Heard it was $1.9m without furniture and $2.1m with furniture. 
Why would someone buy it for 1.9m is beyond me when you can get Amelia for similar price (eventhough without landscaping).  This makes the Citrine model with furniture included for 1.9 million a real bargain.  BP is becoming a value village.

Paris said:
Irvine Dream said:
madhandles said:
It's official.

I think Model home prices were initially "quoted" by sales as $1.8 but this was from a recent source that got it from the sales office. Nothing on the website. I'll stop by this week and see if I can get some scoop. It'll be interesting to know.
Who would have thought Capella would be one of the first to sell out. Is La Vita sold out yet including models?
La Vita is almost sold out. There are three homes in phase 9 that are still under construction that have not sold yet. The plan 1 and plan 3 models are available, and the remaining two models are presumably sold. The plan 4 model is in escrow, and the plan 2 model is reserved. All of phase 10 (build-out) is sold out, and is currently under construction. The order at which Brookfield is building the homes is really curious... they didn't start building phase 9 until recently, after framing for phase 10 had been completed. Phase 9 was sold several months before Phase 10, and two out of the three homes that are currently available in phase 9 were previously reserved. I'm not shocked that these two buyers dropped out; I, too, would be pretty frustrated if the construction of my home was delayed by half a year.

Sorry, I know that this isn't the La Vita thread. I just couldn't help myself. :p

shadyoc said:

I thought remaining Capellas a month ago was going for 1.3-1.4M (with views & upgrades) which is close to phase1 prices no?  How is it all of a sudden 1.6M?

Irvine Dream said:
shadyoc said:
Heard it was $1.9m without furniture and $2.1m with furniture. 
Why would someone buy it for 1.9m is beyond me when you can get Amelia for similar price (eventhough without landscaping).  This makes the Citrine model with furniture included for 1.9 million a real bargain.  BP is becoming a value village.

Just like why would anyone buy a La Vita plan 4 model home at $3.5m when you can buy Trevi which is a much bigger home, on a higher elevation, with way better views for $3m.

irvinehomeowner said:
LaVita Altura!!

The key to any hood appreciating rapidly in Irvine is to get the IHO stamp of disapproval.

So what OH tract has the IHO stamp of approval? Those are the ones to avoid. lol

Back