Orchard Hills - Capella by Taylor Morrison

irvinehomeowner said:
LaVita Altura!!

The key to any hood appreciating rapidly in Irvine is to get the IHO stamp of disapproval.

I though I was the only who saw a negative correlation between TI approval and actual sales success! Always funny to go back and look at the initial TI comments and how successful the development actually turned out - too many coolaid drinkers or those who are clueless - just like me! Wasn't the consensus that Eastwood was waaaaaay overpriced and that Irvine Pacific was headed for bankruptcy? 

Disclaimer: Just because there is price appreciation doesn't mean it's still not an inferior product.

Someone asked if knowing about LagAlt now would I have bought there... and the answer is still no, just not to my liking... same with motorcourts.

Model plan 3 sold already.
Model Plan 1 available at $1.86 and model Plan 2 available at $1.89
All models come with everything inside including furniture, decor, window coverings - basically everything.
Rest of Capella is all sold out - no plans for capella part 2 anywhere within the groves.
I think homes by the toll road being framed are a smaller product by  Tripoint but they sure are ramping up construction over there.

Paris said:
All models come with everything inside including furniture, decor, window coverings - basically everything.
Rest of Capella is all sold out - no plans for capella part 2 anywhere within the groves.
I think homes by the toll road being framed are a smaller product by  Tripoint but they sure are ramping up construction over there.

How much did Plan 3 sell for?

Irvine Fanatic said:
Paris said:

I think similar price, like 1.9 even.

Paris said:
Irvine Fanatic said:
Paris said:

I think similar price, like 1.9 even.
It says $2,100,000+ for all three Capella models on Redfin. I wonder what this is all about. Maybe the plan 3 sold for around $2.1, which isn't too far off from the price per square foot of the other two models for sale (though slightly higher).

Attachments

• capella.png
    capella.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 211
They're ripping up the parking lot today.

So found out some more interesting information. Apparently there was a waiting list for the homes that back to the park which is why they went from quick move-ins to selling models in a couple of months.

Irvine Fanatic said:

So found out some more interesting information. Apparently there was a waiting list for the homes that back to the park which is why they went from quick move-ins to selling models in a couple of months.

I'm not surprised because the toughest part was selling the homes that back into other homes as you can imagine with that small backyard and that price point.

I don't think they had too much trouble selling the homes with no neighbors in the back and view lots which is a majority of the Capella homes. I suspect the models will sell out quickly and TayMo will be moving onto the many other projects they have going on.

Apparently Saviero is popular because they are building 45 more Saviero homes.

Irvine Fanatic said:

A wait list that was actually real - genuine qualified buyers wanting to buy? Nice. I would've been the cynic Capella potential buyer, passing on the less desirable lots believing there was little chance I wouldn't be offered one of the last desirable lots. This buying method is more palatable when there is a lot of similar supply coming to market, as in OH and Irvine.

Wow, I'm shocked!  I actually had a lot in the last phase reserved since the beginning.  I was there just a few month ago and was told they didn't know when they were going to release that phase.  And suddenly everything is sold out including the lot I had reserved.  They never contacted me to see if I still wanted it.

Perspective said:
Irvine Fanatic said:

A wait list that was actually real - genuine qualified buyers wanting to buy? Nice. I would've been the cynic Capella potential buyer, passing on the less desirable lots believing there was little chance I wouldn't be offered one of the last desirable lots. This buying method is more palatable when there is a lot of similar supply coming to market, as in OH and Irvine.

I wonder how the other similar products are doing like Arcadia, Palo Alto, and Lafayette? All about 3k to 3.3K sqft and similar price range. I was about to pull the trigger on Arcadia but wife doesn't like the Stonegate location. So still waiting to see if I can catch a deal somewhere. Was almost about to pull the trigger on Capella but guess I'm a little too late. Was not expecting it to sell out so soon  :-\.

@ Perspective - how's Strada doing?

joy4ever said:
Wow, I'm shocked!  I actually had a lot in the last phase reserved since the beginning.  I was there just a few month ago and was told they didn't know when they were going to release that phase.  And suddenly everything is sold out including the lot I had reserved.  They never contacted me to see if I still wanted it.

Sold Out?! WTF...I was on a list for last phase. Never got a call  :mad:

Now that it is sold out, everyone wants a piece of it.  Before no one wanted even get close to it.  Lemmings effect.  btw, more comparable homes coming soon on July/Aug at OH.

Irvine or Bust said:
joy4ever said:

Sold Out?! WTF...I was on a list for last phase. Never got a call  :mad:

They probably made calls in the order of the priority list. Probably someone ahead of you on the list was called and decided to buy, so you never even got contacted.
I too was on the list for one of the few decent size view lots in Capella. We were told the chances of us getting that lot were slim to none, since there were already 3 people ahead of us. That was over a year ago. We put ourselves on the list anyway,  but since then ended up closing in another OH development. I never got a call either :)

Goriot said:
Now that it is sold out, everyone wants a piece of it.  Before no one wanted even get close to it.  Lemmings effect.  btw, more comparable homes coming soon on July/Aug at OH.

lol...people want what they can't have.

So what are these comparable homes you speak of? Are these the tri-pointe homes near the toll? Do you have any floorplans by chance?

Irvine Fanatic said:
Goriot said:

So what are these comparable homes you speak of? Are these the tri-pointe homes near the toll? Do you have any floorplans by chance?

Probably the ones by the toll. I'm sure we'll know more soon because from the looks of it they are moving ahead full steam. I think models will be ready by July, that's what I heard.

Irvine Fanatic said:
Perspective said:
Irvine Fanatic said:

I wonder how the other similar products are doing like Arcadia, Palo Alto, and Lafayette? All about 3k to 3.3K sqft and similar price range. I was about to pull the trigger on Arcadia but wife doesn't like the Stonegate location. So still waiting to see if I can catch a deal somewhere. Was almost about to pull the trigger on Capella but guess I'm a little too late. Was not expecting it to sell out so soon  :-\.

Strada's curiously taking a different route than Capella. Despite apparent sales success, they haven't poured a foundation in months; and an IP guy told me they probably won't in 2016. He said they met their 2016 sales goal and don't intend to release another phase this year. We'll see if that holds.

Congrats to the relieved Capella buyers who got in when pricing got crazy in late 2015. These late comps should provide some comfort.

Perspective said:
Irvine Fanatic said:
Perspective said:
Irvine Fanatic said:

Strada's curiously taking a different route than Capella. Despite apparent sales success, they haven't poured a foundation in months; and an IP guy told me they probably won't in 2016. He said they met their 2016 sales goal and don't intend to release another phase this year. We'll see if that holds.

Congrats to the relieved Capella buyers who got in when pricing got crazy in late 2015. These late comps should provide some comfort.

Hmmm... that is interesting. I can't imagine a company would stop when they hit their sales numbers. I would think they would try and knock it out of the park. Wondering what is behind their strategy. Lower supply to build up more demand then re-release at higher price?

Irvine Fanatic said:
Goriot said:

Varenna: http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,14026.msg281486.html#msg281486

Back