Orchard Hills 3 Residents Smelt Odor From All American Asphalt

paydawg said:
Which neighborhoods claim to smell the odor?  From NextDoor, it appears it's mainly Orchard Hills, Eastwood and Stonegate.  Is anyone from the other villages smelling that asphalt smell?

I live in the Groves side of Orchard Hills (west of Culver) and have never smelled anything at night. I sleep with my windows wide open all the time.

misme said:
paydawg said:
Which neighborhoods claim to smell the odor?  From NextDoor, it appears it's mainly Orchard Hills, Eastwood and Stonegate.  Is anyone from the other villages smelling that asphalt smell?

I live in the Groves side of Orchard Hills (west of Culver) and have never smelled anything at night. I sleep with my windows wide open all the time.
I imagine its the parts of OH closer to Jeffrey that's a problem.

windows wide open all the time?

eyephone said:
misme said:
paydawg said:

I imagine its the parts of OH closer to Jeffrey that's a problem.

windows wide open all the time?

yes, wide open.

Mety send me the environmental chart data. (If you have it)
Put your seatbelts on. It?s time for an update to the environmental thread.

Happiness said:
All the streets around your house are paved in asphalt.

Asphalt, Wechat's new veterans cemetery.

Poured asphalt that has cured over many months/years vs new asphalt constantly being manufactured.  Hmmmmm wouldnt ya think there just a tiny bit of difference there???

eyephone said:
meccos12 said:
eyephone said:
meccos12 said:
There seems to be no doubt that there is an odor coming from the plant.  If that is the case, people should know that there are tons of toxic chemicals in asphalt and that should be a concern for the residents of nearby developments.

Don?t buy rating?

If there is asphalt smell at nights, thats a hard pass for me.  But I would also pass on anything in the great park area because its built on a superfund site.

Would you upgrade the the don?t buy rating to a sell rating if no one takes action? (comes up with a solution/fix the problem)

(For entertainment purposes consult a real estate professional for advice) ;)

SELL!! SELL!! SELL!!  (imagine Jim Cramer)

meccos12 said:
eyephone said:
meccos12 said:
eyephone said:
meccos12 said:
There seems to be no doubt that there is an odor coming from the plant.  If that is the case, people should know that there are tons of toxic chemicals in asphalt and that should be a concern for the residents of nearby developments.

Don?t buy rating?

If there is asphalt smell at nights, thats a hard pass for me.  But I would also pass on anything in the great park area because its built on a superfund site.

Would you upgrade the the don?t buy rating to a sell rating if no one takes action? (comes up with a solution/fix the problem)

(For entertainment purposes consult a real estate professional for advice) ;)

SELL!! SELL!! SELL!!  (imagine Jim Cramer)

Looks like a strong sell rating initiated by Meccos due to allleged strong smell that can potentially cause home values to go down. Jk jk

(For entertainment purposes)

eyephone said:
Mety send me the environmental chart data. (If you have it)
Put your seatbelts on. It?s time for an update to the environmental thread.

Scratch that no need to update. I think this issue tops the chart.

I live in Vivo and have never smelled anything at all for the past two years. I think the original poster is trying to get their deposit back (I know how difficult that loophole can be). I also have spoken to a few of the HOA board
members in Reserve and nobody has mentioned any type
Of smell...fake news imho...

keilbros said:
I live in Vivo and have never smelled anything at all for the past two years. I think the original poster is trying to get their deposit back (I know how difficult that loophole can be). I also have spoken to a few of the HOA board
members in Reserve and nobody has mentioned any type
Of smell...fake news imho...

I could see how someone may use this to get a deposit back, but what about all the other people who are not trying to get a deposit back.  What would be the reason they claim to smell asphalt? 

Although you may claim fake news, those who do smell it would claim you are in denial.  Perspective is funny eh?

People used to say they could smell landfill in PS. We all know that was fake news. I think this asphalt odor issue comes down to one of these:

1. Fake news created from TIC competitors/enemies.

2. People getting confused with some other smell like trash, mulch, construction, or even pesticide.

3. It?s your upper lip.

So if the smell is everynight, then just drive through those neighborhoods at 11PM and check it out for your self.  Everyone on here is a liar...you gotta do your own DD.

I smelled an asphalt smell this morning in Northpark when I left for work. My husband was with me but he didn't smell it. Maybe some of our noses are more sensitive than others? I'm pregnant so maybe that's why.

I've been suffering from allergies in this area after moving here. I didn't have any issues with allergies when I lived in the University Park area.

Shiba123 said:
I smelled an asphalt smell this morning in Northpark when I left for work. My husband was with me but he didn't smell it. Maybe some of our noses are more sensitive than others? I'm pregnant so maybe that's why.

I've been suffering from allergies in this area after moving here. I didn't have any issues with allergies when I lived in the University Park area.

Is this a good thing? It seems like unhealthy.
I wish you the best.

I'm the OP of this post. I made up the whole asphalt story to just get my deposit back? Seriously? It was initially reported on WeChat because majority of the residents in OH3 are Chinese immigrants who don't know much English. If you don't believe the complaints on WeChat, you can check Next Door. Hundreds of impacted are trying to find a solution to this issue. They want their deposit back? They want to hurt their property value by spreading rumors? Give me a break.

AAA said they are working on the big 405 improvement project (SR-73 to I-605). They are probably working at their full capacity and it explains why the odor becomes severe recently.

The impacted area is not just OH3 alone. This morning my friend smelt the odor when she dropped off her kid at the Orchard Hills School. Others reported same thing at Northwood High.

I'll never be able to understand people who post allegations like this, as if weather records and the internet don't exist.  Every single time someone alleges in this thread that they smelled asphalt from the plant, online weather records show the wind blowing the other way.  Every.  Single.  Time.  This includes the OP's original complaint.  Look it up in weather records.  The OP has been demeaning a business for all this time and it can be disproved in one minute.

You live in Irvine, people.  You're supposed to be smart.  The internet has been around for over 20 years.  You're using it now.  How do you think you can get away with posting stuff like this when everyone can see it's not true?  You're probably on another thread saying you smell the landfill and not the bag of garbage in your kitchen that you're too lazy to take outside. 

Back