Orchard Hills 3 Residents Smelt Odor From All American Asphalt

wonder how far it goes, orchard hills is a pretty big area

(time to update you know who's excel list, lol, j/k)

Of course it's toxic. Just a little bit won't kill you in the short term. The question is, would you want to live in an area that spews out toxic gasses for the long term? I wouldn't if you ask me. In fact, most people wouldn't, but some will just turn the other cheek because they are already locked down there and call it total fake news. haha

If Belly aka Environtal expert was here this would be front page news. (But someone pushed him out)

I have multiple home air filters.

well if that puts so many students in risk and the high school was there long before they built all the new communities then what the school district has to say about it? they will have stronger argument to fight it.

relaydiver said:
Any theory as to why the smell is stronger at night (if it is)?

I don?t know what to say.
Soft painter mask during the day, and hard core paint shop mask during the night? (Just joking)

aquabliss said:
I believe Stonegate residents can smell it as well in the late night hours.

Long time lurker but registered because this topic interests me. I live in Stonegate and can confirm some nights I definitely smell an odor in the air late at night when I'm walking the dog.

I don't normally notice during the day. I'm not sure why it is stronger at night?

edit:
Above poster indicated the plant only runs at night so that does seem to match up with my experience.

Which neighborhoods claim to smell the odor?  From NextDoor, it appears it's mainly Orchard Hills, Eastwood and Stonegate.  Is anyone from the other villages smelling that asphalt smell?

There seems to be no doubt that there is an odor coming from the plant.  If that is the case, people should know that there are tons of toxic chemicals in asphalt and that should be a concern for the residents of nearby developments.

Eastwood resident for more than 2 years - did not smell any around my neighborhood. It is most likely the homes closer to Portola and Jeffery intersection that are experiencing this issue in my view.

meccos12 said:
There seems to be no doubt that there is an odor coming from the plant.  If that is the case, people should know that there are tons of toxic chemicals in asphalt and that should be a concern for the residents of nearby developments.

Don?t buy rating?

eyephone said:
meccos12 said:

Don?t buy rating?

If there is asphalt smell at nights, thats a hard pass for me.  But I would also pass on anything in the great park area because its built on a superfund site. 

meccos12 said:
eyephone said:
meccos12 said:

Don?t buy rating?

If there is asphalt smell at nights, thats a hard pass for me.  But I would also pass on anything in the great park area because its built on a superfund site.

Would you upgrade the the don?t buy rating to a sell rating if no one takes action? (comes up with a solution/fix the problem)

(For entertainment purposes consult a real estate professional for advice) ;)

Those who say can smell at night, can you describe the odor? I hope you?re not confused with the mulch.

Back