Orchard Hills 3 Residents Smelt Odor From All American Asphalt

ocliving said:
Bump on this post. Has the smell since dissipated? I?m interested in Vivo at the Reserve in OH. Thanks!

See my responses above.  I live in OH3, and these complaints are nothing but baseless WeChat rumors.

Residents of Eastwood village and OH3 started a petition to the city, and hopefully they can get 1000 signatures. The issue is real, not some "baseless WeChat rumor".

I can share that we went one time to one of the sales offices at OH3 I mentioned to the sale rep that I hear people complain about smell. she said she did not notice this but can see the steam from the site.

Is it just the northern part of Eastwood Village (Avilla, Morro, etc) or pretty much all over the Eastwood?

flowingsue said:
As a Eastwood resident, the smell is so strong, especially in the middle of night.

If you buy a house near an asphalt plant, and then after awhile, tell the asphalt plant to move, isn't it the buyers own fault?
Much like people petitioning to move that garbage dump above lambert ranch.

zubs said:
If you buy a house near an asphalt plant, and then after awhile, tell the asphalt plant to move, isn't it the buyers own fault?
Much like people petitioning to move that garbage dump above lambert ranch.

Are any of the affected areas built before the asphalt plant? I?d say they?d have grounds to complain, but I agree that it?s partially the buyers fault for not researching. But then again it?s hard to research such things, especially this one since from comments it seems like it?s mostly worse at night when you?d never visit a community i.e. open house/models, etc.

I?d still be pissed though. You spend a long time building enough wealth to afford to live in Irvine and when anything disrupts your comfort it?s doubly annoying. Buying a home is hard enough with the financials. Then you have all kinds of little things like this to watch out for, it?s exhausting.

I don't think AAA will move -- it was there long before Irvine Company started to develop OH communities.  AAA won't matter to Irvine Company, as long as it can continue to sell houses to people don't care or don't know about AAA.

May be you can call South Coast Air Quality Management District whenever you smell the odor. South Coast AQMD has a hotline open 24/7 and they will send someone over and monitor the air quality. If AAA gets caught for releasing excessive toxic gas over the legal limit, it has to cut its toxic gas release.

Too funny as fake news. Only OH and EW (current TIC new builds) are affected by this smell while much closer hood like NW or PS (not competing with 5P) are totally fine? Why not say Barcelona from LO can smell that dust also?

Mety said:
Too funny as fake news. Only OH and EW (current TIC new builds) are affected by this smell while much closer hood like NW or PS (not competing with 5P) are totally fine? Why not say Barcelona from LO can smell that dust also?

Maybe its the GP hired ND users now on TI.  ???

akkord said:
Mety said:

Maybe its the GP hired ND users now on TI.  ???

I wouldn?t doubt it. They?re all by newly created users. There are real residents at OH and EW on TI who can speak up if ya heard.

I live in Eastwood and yesterday night the asphalt smell was very strong. Some people have complained to Air Quality inspector.  Smell been more prominent in last few days.

Mety said:

I was at Orchard Hills' Saturday night at about 9 something and I can definitely smell it. No kidding.

Back