Orange County Great Park: Sports park, water park, ice rink, golf course

I'm all for containers, tents, legos or whatever it takes for them to open up some shops. PS and GP desperately need some retails. Though I don't live in either villages, I can see much benefit of visiting. Also could it be that because the permits are not allowed yet for whatever political reason, is that why they are starting with those pop-up shops for now? What happened to those homeless shelters and the Veteran's cemetery which might not ever happen anyways? Why so much political intervenes with these? Anyways, I hope there came some good shop in those pop-up stores.

Mety said:
I'm all for containers, tents, legos or whatever it takes for them to open up some shops. PS and GP desperately need some retails. Though I don't live in either villages, I can see much benefit of visiting. Also could it be that because the permits are not allowed yet for whatever political reason, is that why they are starting with those pop-up shops for now? What happened to those homeless shelters and the Veteran's cemetery which might not ever happen anyways? Why so much political intervenes with these? Anyways, I hope there came some good shop in those pop-up stores.
no kidding, all we ever see is instead of retail, new homes pop up (novel park), and first glimpse of retail, we see pop up kiosks and hot dog stands, and now shipping containers.  can they combine multiple containers so you can have a larger eatery, and combine a whole bunch more for a grocery store?

tired of seeing their ads showing it's close to woodbury town center, that place is overcrowded (and imagine if gp is fully built out)

Irvinecommuter said:
They need to have another freeway offramp between Alton and Sand Canyon...otherwise, the traffic coming off the freeway will cause like 3 mile backups.
there once was a project for 133 (south of irvine blvd, could be non-toll?) to exit at trabuco/great park blvd, but it's no longer on tca's project site, the land is still vacant which means it's potentially feasible, but yeah, 5fwy exit is bad, and that sand canyon build up between trabuco/great park blvd, to night mist, to 5 fwy, to marine way, to 5 fwy, to burt road is also aggravating

AW said:
Mety said:
no kidding, all we ever see is instead of retail, new homes pop up (novel park), and first glimpse of retail, we see pop up kiosks and hot dog stands, and now shipping containers.  can they combine multiple containers so you can have a larger eatery, and combine a whole bunch more for a grocery store?

tired of seeing their ads showing it's close to woodbury town center, that place is overcrowded (and imagine if gp is fully built out)

Agree. Not sure if residents are really wanting burgers from a kiosk and tacos from a container. Haven?t they had food trucks in various areas of the great park for awhile now?  How is this that different?  What people want are grocers, pharmacies, dry cleaners, fast casual eateries.

Irvinecommuter said:
They need to have another freeway offramp between Alton and Sand Canyon...otherwise, the traffic coming off the freeway will cause like 3 mile backups.

Agree!!

What happen to that 133 off-ramp at Great Park Blvd?  If they allow free toll up to the Great Park Blvd on 133, GP goer can utilize 133 freely as a more direct path to GP, that will alleviate a lot of traffic jam on Sand Canyon.

Maybe they can levy an additional tax to residents of the GP and other beneficiaries of that off-ramp.  If they can afford an annually-increasing, double-MR, then they can afford an extra tax.

paydawg said:
Maybe they can levy an additional tax to residents of the GP and other beneficiaries of that off-ramp.  If they can afford an annually-increasing, double-MR, then they can afford an extra tax.

Extra tax for what? Please stop the nonsense.
Double-MR is already a burden for owners and now you want another tax. Throw on top of the salt limit deduction. (I heard people were even writing off the MR prior to the tax reform, but I guess not any mo?.)
The little guy is getting squeezed and pinched.

Irvinecommuter said:
bones said:
eyephone said:
Is the containers considered retail?  ;)

Regarding traffic Belly and I previously mentioned this potential traffic problem.

Containers are a great idea.  If and when they flop, they can be repurposed elsewhere in the GP :)
https://www.ocregister.com/2019/05/...in-buena-park-part-of-new-construction-trend/

I feel like this is a reflection the design of GP being off...they are trying so hard to be edgy that they refuse to stick with anything traditional.
You're not cool enough for the GP.

Fantastic laid out trails. I can see that I will not get bore from these trails for many years to come.

Take a walk and see for yourself. Serene, peaceful, lush.

Great job FivePoints. Well done.

I hope they keep the current venue near the train station too.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.oc...-amphitheatre-in-place-at-the-great-park/amp/

Irvine looks at keeping FivePoint Amphitheatre in place at the Great Park

Alicia Robinson
PUBLISHED: September 30, 2019 at 10:00 am | UPDATED: October 1, 2019 at 7:43 am

? As more projects at the Orange County Great Park move forward, Irvine city leaders plan to have discussions in coming months to firm up the rest of the park?s development and bring the community up to date on what?s to come.

First up is potentially a permanent location for FivePoint Amphitheatre, which opened in 2017 under a three-year contract to fill the void left by the closing of longtime venue Irvine Meadows.

Irvine City Council members, who also oversee the Great Park as its board of directors, want to pursue building a permanent concert venue where the amphitheater now stands on the park?s southwestern edge. A long-term venue with permanent seating should help solve complaints about unwanted sound drifting into nearby homes, Mayor Christina Shea said. She has asked city staff to quickly bring back an agreement for the amphitheater?s future.?

See more at:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.oc...-amphitheatre-in-place-at-the-great-park/amp/

Attachments

• CD8237BF-808A-486D-96A0-251F8FAFAED1.png
    CD8237BF-808A-486D-96A0-251F8FAFAED1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 7,605
IHS3000 said:
I hope they keep the current venue near the train station too.

Irvine looks at keeping FivePoint Amphitheatre in place at the Great Park

Alicia Robinson
PUBLISHED: September 30, 2019 at 10:00 am | UPDATED: October 1, 2019 at 7:43 am

? As more projects at the Orange County Great Park move forward, Irvine city leaders plan to have discussions in coming months to firm up the rest of the park?s development and bring the community up to date on what?s to come.

First up is potentially a permanent location for FivePoint Amphitheatre, which opened in 2017 under a three-year contract to fill the void left by the closing of longtime venue Irvine Meadows.

Irvine City Council members, who also oversee the Great Park as its board of directors, want to pursue building a permanent concert venue where the amphitheater now stands on the park?s southwestern edge. A long-term venue with permanent seating should help solve complaints about unwanted sound drifting into nearby homes, Mayor Christina Shea said. She has asked city staff to quickly bring back an agreement for the amphitheater?s future.?

See more at:

Parking at the train station and walking over is a nice way to save a few bucks.  There's also the entertainment factor of watching the drunks try to stumble back after the show.  The stairs leading up to the bridge are pretty tall and lots of people were having trouble last time I was there.

Are you saying I'm lying, spreading fake news and hoax while putting my hand on the Bible?

Back