Orange County Great Park: Sports park, water park, ice rink, golf course

It will be a problem if the place is popping/popular.  There should be more parking spaces.

IHS3000 said:
There are three separate public parking lots for the Great Park Bosque and Upper Bee Trails (two parking lots on Bosque St. and one parking lot on Perspective St.). There is parking on some nearby streets too.

index.php

moc said:
eyephone said:
I hope they plan to plant mature trees. Looking at the pics. It looks like it?s going to be a hot place to go to. Also, I hope the parking lot is near by.

IHS3000 said:
Today, work crews are in the process of removing the fencing around the Great Park Bosque and Upper Bee Trails! It appears the opening will happen very soon.

The Great Park?s 40-acre Bosque and 36-acre Upper Bee Canyon are open space corridors which run from Irvine Boulevard to the Great Park Sports Park.
https://www.fivepoint.com/elements/trails-and-parks.html
https://www.brightview.com/resources/video/orange-county-great-park
http://naturallygreatdesign.com/portfolio/bosque/

?The Bosque is a natural and native open space within the Orange County Great Park, providing walking and bike trails, a riparian boardwalk, and children?s adventure area. The planting design incorporates a robust tree canopy while rehabilitating the native ecology, creating a sense of place that is tied to the regional context.  It also serves as the civic entry to the Great Park with a grand-scale plaza welcoming visitors and residents alike.  This is a space for gathering and celebrating the culture of the City of Irvine and the history of the El Toro Marine Air Corps Station.?

index.php

index.php

index.php

I don't think there are any parking lots near this, not sure about street parking. I think this is more like the Jeffrey Space Open Trail and is supposed to be a place for great park residents walking/biking.

Also in general it feels like FivePoint did not put many mature trees into the areas of the Great Park I've been in. They are a lot more expensive so I would guess they went with cost savings.

This is the reason why I rarely comment on this thread because it?s a joke!
But today I made an exception.  ;)

eyephone said:
IHS3000 said:
City provided some updates on Great Park developments last week:

http://irvine.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=73&clip_id=4626

1. The American Museum of Natural History (New York City) visited the Great Park. Discussions of a west coast institution at Great Park?s Cultural Terrace, but nothing formal yet. Another update will follow soon.

2. The GP Ice Facility will have a grand opening on March 7. Today!

3. Wild Rivers Water Park is looking for financing to build their project.

4. The California Fire Museum is still in talks.

5. Great Park trails at Upper Bee and Bosque (Irvine Blvd to Great Park Blvd) is completed, but the city needs to sign an agreement with Five-Point for final hand off. Likely open in late spring or summer. Area is still fenced off.

6. City discussed Fivepoint?s plan for pop up restaurants/trailers near Sports Park (10-20) and more mobile food vendors at the Great Park.

index.php

index.php

I?m on the fence regarding concession stands.

What?s next? selling hot dogs with bacon wrap, fruits on a stick

(Like around LA...just saying)

eyephone said:
eyephone said:
IHS3000 said:

1. The American Museum of Natural History (New York City) visited the Great Park. Discussions of a west coast institution at Great Park?s Cultural Terrace, but nothing formal yet. Another update will follow soon.

5. Great Park trails at Upper Bee and Bosque (Irvine Blvd to Great Park Blvd) is completed, but the city needs to sign an agreement with Five-Point for final hand off. Likely open in late spring or summer. Area is still fenced off.

6. City discussed Fivepoint?s plan for pop up restaurants/trailers near Sports Park (10-20) and more mobile food vendors at the Great Park.

index.php

index.php

Hey, that actually sounds good. I would visit often.  ;D

Mety said:
eyephone said:
eyephone said:
IHS3000 said:

index.php

index.php

That?s if you get parking. >:D

eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
eyephone said:
IHS3000 said:

index.php

index.php

Lol, I want to see retail shops but so far just pics of vendor carts.

Are they going to build the water park on the corner of marine way and ridge valley?  On busy soccer weekends it backs up all the way already, I hope they?ll do something better, otherwise I see a traffic nightmare...

Wild Rivers plan is located at Sky Hawk and Marine Way (across the street from softball fields and near amphitheater parking entrance).
http://wildrivers.com/siteplan.asp

Bosque:

The Great Park Bosque and Upper Bee Trails are open today! People are walking and jogging around the trails. Kids are playing at new playground. 3 of the 4 parking lots are open.

There is a fourth public parking lot on Perspective St. too.

index.php

index.php

index.php

AW said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
eyephone said:
IHS3000 said:

index.php

index.php

Are they going to build the water park on the corner of marine way and ridge valley?  On busy soccer weekends it backs up all the way already, I hope they?ll do something better, otherwise I see a traffic nightmare...

Attachments

• A831A9C4-CC60-4C2F-87DD-0EA983D4E59F.png
    A831A9C4-CC60-4C2F-87DD-0EA983D4E59F.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,057
  • 432E7848-2F55-4D91-B568-85801EC50460.png
    432E7848-2F55-4D91-B568-85801EC50460.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,021
Great Park Bosque Trail photos from today. BBQ grills are there too.  It?s open!

index.php

index.php

index.php

Attachments

• AF84B24C-6CBB-459C-8B06-D7758E6F61F5.png
    AF84B24C-6CBB-459C-8B06-D7758E6F61F5.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,088
  • 126ED036-0329-4BC3-A411-7429D00B8F92.png
    126ED036-0329-4BC3-A411-7429D00B8F92.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,004
zubs said:
That white spot in the middle above the golf course sure stands out like a sore thumb.  I wonder what they are going to build there?

It looks like that area above the golf course is where they are still debating on whether or not to use for the veterans cemetery.

I thought Irvine had a vote regarding that white spot and it was approved for the cemetery.  How come after it was approved it's just sitting there? 

There is actually tons of parking at the Great Park. But because it's on the outside edges, it's far if you want to do anything that is near the center of the park.

AW said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
eyephone said:
IHS3000 said:

index.php

index.php

Is the containers considered retail?  ;)

Regarding traffic Belly and I previously mentioned this potential traffic problem.

They need to have another freeway offramp between Alton and Sand Canyon...otherwise, the traffic coming off the freeway will cause like 3 mile backups.

Irvinecommuter said:
They need to have another freeway offramp between Alton and Sand Canyon...otherwise, the traffic coming off the freeway will cause like 3 mile backups.

Maybe they want that. Like waiting to get into a club or restraunt. (look at the line to get in)
jkjk

bones said:
eyephone said:
Is the containers considered retail?  ;)

Regarding traffic Belly and I previously mentioned this potential traffic problem.

Containers are a great idea.  If and when they flop, they can be repurposed elsewhere in the GP :)
https://www.ocregister.com/2019/05/...in-buena-park-part-of-new-construction-trend/

I feel like this is a reflection the design of GP being off...they are trying so hard to be edgy that they refuse to stick with anything traditional.

Back