Mimi Walters - CA45 Rep missing in action?

Mimi Walter title is Representative of the 45 District, her lacks of representations and voting records was COMPLETELY AGAINST the benefits of her constituents. She asking for votes and spam my mailbox both physical and my gmail account. Desperation setting in for her as she now realized there may be a big wave come crashing on her. I voted and she  was not chosen.

iacrenter said:
All you angry constituents, NOW is the time to act. Be sure vote Mimi out of office tomorrow! Polls are open from 7am to 8pm.

I'm guessing her spot in the top two is pretty safe. The key if you want her out of office is to all vote for someone that has a chance to beat her in November such as Mr. Min.

Compressed-Village said:
Mimi Walter title is Representative of the 45 District, her lacks of representations and voting records was COMPLETELY AGAINST the benefits of her constituents. She asking for votes and spam my mailbox both physical and my gmail account. Desperation setting in for her as she now realized there may be a big wave come crashing on her. I voted and she  was not chosen.

This is why I like California's jungle primary system.  It's forcing even the safest of incumbents to campaign and work for votes.  Look at Barbara Boxer for instance.  Her Senate seat should be safe from now until eternity, but even she has had to make some effort to campaign this election cycle. 

The jungle primary is holding our elective representatives more accountable because the parties can no longer protect them from challengers by simply attacking a single opponent.  Now you have to fend off 10 opponents, some from your own party, to keep your seat.

Jungle system is interesting, but would work way better with ranked voting/alternative vote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y3jE3B8HsE&list=PL7679C7ACE93A5638&index=2

inv0ke-epipen said:
Jungle system is interesting, but would work way better with ranked voting/alternative vote:

I agree with you in theory, but think about how easily confused some voters are.  I mean in 2000 they blamed Al Gore's loss in Florida on a butterfly ballot that was too complex for old people.  Pat Buchanan ended up winning a large share of his votes.  That's the risk you run of creating a more complex system.

Also, I don't know about you guys, but my polling place had a line at 4pm yesterday.  It wasn't due to a large turnout, but due to all of the unprepared voters.  They get in the booth and it's the first time they've opened their sample ballot, and they don't know who to vote for because there are 30 people running for Senate and 20 running for governor.  They can no longer vote a straight party line, so the long line was all the people taking forever to vote because they didn't do their homework.  If you create an automatic runoff ballot it will be almost impossible for some people to fill out.

Liar Loan said:
inv0ke-epipen said:
Jungle system is interesting, but would work way better with ranked voting/alternative vote:

I agree with you in theory, but think about how easily confused some voters are.  I mean in 2000 they blamed Al Gore's loss in Florida on a butterfly ballot that was too complex for old people.  Pat Buchanan ended up winning a large share of his votes.  That's the risk you run of creating a more complex system.

Also, I don't know about you guys, but my polling place had a line at 4pm yesterday.  It wasn't due to a large turnout, but due to all of the unprepared voters.  They get in the booth and it's the first time they've opened their sample ballot, and they don't know who to vote for because there are 30 people running for Senate and 20 running for governor.  They can no longer vote a straight party line, so the long line was all the people taking forever to vote because they didn't do their homework.  If you create an automatic runoff ballot it will be almost impossible for some people to fill out.

the real question is why do we still have polling places when mail in ballots are a thing?  mail in ballots give you almost a month to sit down in your own home and research / read about all of the measures and candidates without waiting in line or fumbling through the voting booth.

Kings said:
Liar Loan said:
inv0ke-epipen said:

the real question is why do we still have polling places when mail in ballots are a thing?  mail in ballots give you almost a month to sit down in your own home and research / read about all of the measures and candidates without waiting in line or fumbling through the voting booth.

There is a community aspect to polling places that I still like.  I have done mail-in ballots in the past, but it doesn't feel the same.  Also, I like to take my kids so they can see my wife and I voting.  Yesterday, I had three of my kids piled into the voting booth with me so they could see me turning the knob and selecting candidates.  It leads to some good questions and sets the example for when they are old enough to vote.

Kings said:
Liar Loan said:
inv0ke-epipen said:

I like them.  I always vote in person.

She gets my vote easily. I would never vote democratic, until the democratic party returns. This militant, radical, progressive liberalism, masquerading as the democrat party, is pure malignancy. Bring back JFK and I will certainly be a Democrat again.

OCAgentGold said:
She gets my vote easily. I would never vote democratic, until the democratic party returns. This militant, radical, progressive liberalism, masquerading as the democrat party, is pure malignancy. Bring back JFK and I will certainly be a Democrat again.

Say that to people who lost their insurance as she voted to repeal Obamacare. Also, people who has pre existing conditions were screwed because of that.

* I?m always fighting for the small guy. Just like how I was against measure B with Belly.

Back