Mimi Walters - CA45 Rep missing in action?

"New, so I guess you didn't get the memo....  It is an established prophecy on this forum that older white repubs will save the day in the midterms.  no one else matters :)"

Well, those older white voters aren't gonna live forever.  I bought my freak'in house from one of those "older white voters."  He sold and went off to Arizona.  My Chinese American neighbor also bought his University Park home from one of those "older white voters" who's Washington state living children sent her incontinent ass to a nursing home.  Older white voters are not a long term solution for the GOP in the 45th district.

Burn That Belly said:
SoCal21st said:
New here to TalkIrvine.  I came here from the 39th District (Buena Park/Fullerton), which was also perennially Republican.  We had Ed Royce who was Chairman of the Foreign Relations committee.  He was also very involved in the Asian Community there. 

Buena Park/Fullerton is also very similar to Irvine in that the demographics are changing and Asians are becoming a voting majority.  That's why Ed made very specific outreaches to Asian American voters in his district, discovered what they really wanted and cared about and earned their votes to keep the 39th district red.  A visible and active Congressman that made his district felt not only important, but also heard. 

This Mimi lady is the polar opposite.  She's freak'in lazy in my book.  Also, she's relying on the older white voters (but doing a terrible job at it) and totally ignoring the demographic explosion of Asian voters in her district.  Someday a hot young Asian Democrat is gonna run against her, leverage the full weight of the demographic change in the district she's totally oblivious to, and turn the 45th blue.

I've sent several emails to her office about showing more face time, especially to the Asian American community.  They will vote Republican if they think the Republican party cares about them.  Believe me, I know as I've seen the transformation in the 39th district.  But, Mimi and her staff have totally ignored my emails.  It's sad.  Why do we have to even settle for her?  She's a lazy Rep in my book.

Full disclosure.  I am a Korean American home owner living in University Park.  I am registered Republican.  I moved in a little over two years ago.  Again, first time TalkIrvine commenter.

Welcome! Love your enthusiasm and opinion. Republican strong!

But she?s not going to Mimi from what I read.  ;) hehe

I dunno man.  Ultimately, what may happen is Mimi will get voted out by a more active and charismatic Dem.  The 45th district will turn blue for two years, the GOP will learn their lesson and get a candidate that will actually get out of his or her office every once in a while to ENGAGE voters.  Mimi?  She sends a flier about the evils of high speed rail to every registered Republican in her district and calls it a day.  I mean, WTF?  She deserves to lose.  She probably won't though because of the "old white voters," but I only think that's gonna work for another two terms tops.

I think Mimi needs to go, but I don't think she will.

I think you have it backwards too.  I think the "old white voters" hold their nose and vote for Mimi because of the R stamp.  Mimi is engaging the voting block that Trump did and playing very similar cards.  Whether you call them alt-right, birthers, tea partiers, whatever, the simple fact is they're pejorative SJWs just on the right not the left.  Claims the Parkland kids are crisis actors, memes about HRC saying government should raise kids not parents, the supply of doesn't even need a sniff test passed around as truth with regular claims of we're in a civil war is kind of astonishing.  The evil side is Swampy government like California and the other side is Rugged Americanism in which apparently the people that won't take the jobs back from the 'illegals' because they're suppressing wages yearn for the Golden Age of the late 19th century where their children can work an honest day crawling inside running industrial equipment to oil it while the assembly line runs and the rich fund their private army of Pinkertons to break any unionizing efforts.

Claims the Parkland kids are crisis actors, memes about HRC saying government should raise kids not parents, the supply of doesn't even need a sniff test passed around as truth with regular claims of we're in a civil war is kind of astonishing.

I had no idea that Irvine's "old white voters" were that far off the deep end.  I am naturally skeptical of that claim though.

nosuchreality said:

I think you have it backwards too.  I think the "old white voters" hold their nose and vote for Mimi because of the R stamp.  Mimi is engaging the voting block that Trump did and playing very similar cards.  Whether you call them alt-right, birthers, tea partiers, whatever, the simple fact is they're pejorative SJWs just on the right not the left.  Claims the Parkland kids are crisis actors, memes about HRC saying government should raise kids not parents, the supply of doesn't even need a sniff test passed around as truth with regular claims of we're in a civil war is kind of astonishing.  The evil side is Swampy government like California and the other side is Rugged Americanism in which apparently the people that won't take the jobs back from the 'illegals' because they're suppressing wages yearn for the Golden Age of the late 19th century where their children can work an honest day crawling inside running industrial equipment to oil it while the assembly line runs and the rich fund their private army of Pinkertons to break any unionizing efforts.

this is too funny 

I will say this to add to whats already been said -- many older white voters (obviously not all) secretly love Trump because he is living the fantasy life they wish they had  -- completely out of shape / fat , yet sleeping with a model and screwing around while at it , with no regards to consequences.  He is truly the first such " fantasy president " for this cohort after JFK  (I know it feels weird putting the two in the same paragraph, right ?) .  The greatest generation, this voter group surely ain't :)

Mimi will lose because she is out of touch with her constituents. I'm a registered Republican but will vote for a Dem before putting her back in office. She gave the middle finger to all Irvine home owners after her vote for the Trump tax reform law.

fortune11 said:
nosuchreality said:

this is too funny 

I will say this to add to whats already been said -- many older white voters (obviously not all) secretly love Trump because he is living the fantasy life they wish they had  -- completely out of shape / fat , yet sleeping with a model and screwing around while at it , with no regards to consequences.  He is truly the first such " fantasy president " for this cohort after JFK  (I know it feels weird putting the two in the same paragraph, right ?) .  The greatest generation, this voter group surely ain't :)

It's basically why lifestyle of the rich and famous was so popular in the 80s and Trump was on that show a lot.  Trump is basically Beverly Hillybillies New York style.

Irvinecommuter said:
fortune11 said:
nosuchreality said:

this is too funny 

It's basically why lifestyle of the rich and famous was so popular in the 80s and Trump was on that show a lot.  Trump is basically Beverly Hillybillies New York style.

Yes and this is why the strongest statistical predictor of trump (and republican ) support among whites is education level , not income .

SoCal21st said:
Claims the Parkland kids are crisis actors, memes about HRC saying government should raise kids not parents, the supply of doesn't even need a sniff test passed around as truth with regular claims of we're in a civil war is kind of astonishing.

I had no idea that Irvine's "old white voters" were that far off the deep end.  I am naturally skeptical of that claim though.

No the 'old white voters' aren't off the deep end.  The others, the one's priding themselves in being a deplorable, rabid Trump supporters, etc are bathing in gunk and way in the deep end. (Yep they read this and think I'm a Deep State operative). The 'old white voters' hold their nose and vote for Mimi because the 4 time loser basically unknown dem running against her talked pabulum and you weren't sure where he was ending up, middle or slightly left of deLeon and Mimi us the Repub on the ticket.

Those old white voters are actually pretty liberal by national standards.

All you angry constituents, NOW is the time to act. Be sure vote Mimi out of office tomorrow! Polls are open from 7am to 8pm.

Back