Midterm Elections

morekaos said:
This was not a "Wave" or "Repudiation" of Trump and the Repubs.  They didn't even cover the average losses for an administration in its first mid-term election.  Want to look at a wave? look at Obama's 2012 losses of 59 seats and lost 6 seats in the senate.  Clinton lost 54 seats in the 1994 election.  Those were wave elections. The Blue Wave turned out to be a fairly unimpressive purple ripple that was bellow average.  Now Trump has a House to bludgeon and blame for 2 years for everything that goes wrong solidifying his 2020 re-election.  Bring it.

You're spinning, but that's expected. The margins were bigger in this election than the Tea Party movement election Obama endured. Meaning, Dems won on average by bigger margins, and lost by smaller margins, than that election.

2020 is now set up for the Reps to defend a bunch of vulnerable Senate seats.

Now Trump says it?s better with Democrats control of the house with the GOP Senate. (Unbelievable)
They can work better together.

Maybe he should of reached out before.

Since both parties acknowledge they don't care about deficits nor the debt, can we fix the tax bill? Can we eliminate the cap on Itemized Deductions and make the Individual tax changes permanent?

Si se puede!

Trump vs CNN (the press conference is a circus) What do you expect? He can?t handle his emotions.

?we won a lot of elections last night? Trump
My comment: obviously he didn?t win enough

Trump: Democrats are angry people. My comment: Take a look at the mirror.

Cares said:
Good post but in regards to gubernatorial races, they typically are more representative of what is actually happening in the state. Michigan, as an example, failed to appropriately address the Flint water crisis and the residents of the state voted out Schuette. I think while it is slightly correlated with support for or against Trump, it is not truly a vote for or against Trump. Actions of a governor are much more impactful and visible to a state.

Agree

But importantly , those local issues were able to cut through in some areas like Midwest and not the red south which is even redder now .

eyephone said:
Trump vs CNN (the press conference is a circus) What do you expect? He can?t handle his emotions.

?we won a lot of elections last night? Trump
My comment: obviously he didn?t win enough

Trump: Democrats are angry people. My comment: Take a look at the mirror.

Haha : He believes it?s better that the Dems won so he can work together.

Trump: I believe it?s a great victory. (Spin baby spin)

Perspective said:
morekaos said:
Below average...

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/disaster-avoided-trump-is-just-the-third-president-in-104-years-to-gain-senate-seats-in-a-midterm-election-2018-11-07

Trump just third president in 100 years to gain Senate seats in midterm election while losing House seats

You're cherry-picking stats to either make yourself feel better about losing the House, or to mislead others. Keep putting lipstick on this pig.  :-*

Uh, I would stick to the lawyering if I were you.  Stats are not your forte. 

Gaining seats in the Senate is a huge win because now we won't have to kowtow to the Collins, Murkowskis, Flakes, and McCains of the world, at least not as much as in the past.

Liar Loan said:
Perspective said:
morekaos said:
Below average...

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/disaster-avoided-trump-is-just-the-third-president-in-104-years-to-gain-senate-seats-in-a-midterm-election-2018-11-07

Trump just third president in 100 years to gain Senate seats in midterm election while losing House seats

You're cherry-picking stats to either make yourself feel better about losing the House, or to mislead others. Keep putting lipstick on this pig.  :-*

Gaining seats in the Senate is a huge win because now we won't have to kowtow to the Collins, Murkowskis, Flakes, and McCains of the world, at least not as much as in the past.

Yea, you're right. Let's just forget about that whole silly House thingy.

Another MAGA win is that Richard Cordray lost his bid for governor.  So not only did he abdicate the director's seat of the CFPB for nothing, but he contributed directly to the dismantling of the agency by doing so.  Well done.

Perspective said:
Liar Loan said:
Perspective said:
morekaos said:
Below average...

Yea, you're right. Let's just forget about that whole silly House thingy.

I mean congrats.  Everybody's expectations were met.  Yet it seems like you guys are the ones cherry picking stats by talking about "margins of win" and "adjusted for the market".  I mean when have we ever analyzed these sabermetrics in prior midterms?  The truth is the "blue wave" was about as real as Hillary's "blue wall", which is to say not real at all.

I'm not saying things to feel better. I am feeling better.  Of the three possible outcomes last night the worst one didn't even come close to happening.  This gives Trump a mighty club to bludgeon the public with for the next two years.  Who do you think is gonna get the blame for anything that goes wrong? (along with the press) This House never supported him anyway and all the anti Trumpers in the Senate just got replaced with Super Trumpers.  Bring on 2020 and Pocahontas or whoever.  Get ready to deal with six more years of Trump!!!

morekaos said:
I'm not saying things to feel better. I am feeling better.  Of the three possible outcomes last night the worst one didn't even come close to happening.  This gives Trump a mighty club to bludgeon the public with for the next two years.  Who do you think is gonna get the blame for anything that goes wrong? (along with the press) This House never supported him anyway and all the anti Trumpers in the Senate just got replaced with Super Trumpers.  Bring on 2020 and Pocahontas or whoever.  Get ready to deal with six more years of Trump!!!

I never met someone in the financial industry like this guy. I?ve dealt with people from big companies from NY. He?s a real standout. I think there?s nothing wrong with his opinion but to call someone a cartoon character shows his charachter. It?s the Internet I understand, but don?t say they are a big time financial guru but his ethical behavior is questionable.

eyephone said:
morekaos said:

I never met someone in the financial industry like this guy. I?ve dealt with people from big companies from NY. He?s a real standout. I think there?s nothing wrong with his opinion but to call someone a cartoon character shows his charachter.

The character of MAGA defenders is revealed in every post.

Perspective said:
eyephone said:
morekaos said:

I never met someone in the financial industry like this guy. I?ve dealt with people from big companies from NY. He?s a real standout. I think there?s nothing wrong with his opinion but to call someone a cartoon character shows his charachter.

The character of MAGA defenders is revealed in every post.
I know for a fact they have a code of ethics for finance professionals that they do have adhere to at the big companies. That leads me to presume, he?s not that big as he says he is. (maybe this is new news to him)

eyephone said:
morekaos said:

I never met someone in the financial industry like this guy. I?ve dealt with people from big companies from NY. He?s a real standout. I think there?s nothing wrong with his opinion but to call someone a cartoon character shows his charachter. It?s the Internet I understand, but don?t say they are a big time financial guru but his ethical behavior is questionable.

Pocahontas (UK: /?p?k??h?nt?s/, US: /?po?-/; born Matoaka, known as Amonute, c. 1596 ? March 1617) was a Native American[2][3][4] woman notable for her association with the colonial settlement at Jamestown, Virginia. Pocahontas was the daughter of Powhatan, the paramount chief[2] of a network of tributary tribal nations in the Tsenacommacah, encompassing the Tidewater region of Virginia. In a well-known historical anecdote, she saved the life of a captive of the Native Americans, the Englishman John Smith, in 1607 by placing her head upon his own when her father raised his war club to execute him. Many historians[who?] doubt the veracity of this story.[5][6][better source needed]

Pocahontas is a real person...not a cartoon character.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocahontas

morekaos said:
eyephone said:
morekaos said:

Pocahontas (UK: /?p?k??h?nt?s/, US: /?po?-/; born Matoaka, known as Amonute, c. 1596 ? March 1617) was a Native American[2][3][4] woman notable for her association with the colonial settlement at Jamestown, Virginia. Pocahontas was the daughter of Powhatan, the paramount chief[2] of a network of tributary tribal nations in the Tsenacommacah, encompassing the Tidewater region of Virginia. In a well-known historical anecdote, she saved the life of a captive of the Native Americans, the Englishman John Smith, in 1607 by placing her head upon his own when her father raised his war club to execute him. Many historians[who?] doubt the veracity of this story.[5][6][better source needed]

Pocahontas is a real person...not a cartoon character.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocahontas

Real person or cartoon, the fact that you made fun of a person based on race that?s the issue. (Typo )

Back