Midterm Elections

But its okay. The point is to let other people know that it?s not the norm for people to act like this.

(I didn?t think I have to explain the background of a financial professional)

Perspective said:
eyephone said:
morekaos said:
I'm not saying things to feel better. I am feeling better.  Of the three possible outcomes last night the worst one didn't even come close to happening.  This gives Trump a mighty club to bludgeon the public with for the next two years.  Who do you think is gonna get the blame for anything that goes wrong? (along with the press) This House never supported him anyway and all the anti Trumpers in the Senate just got replaced with Super Trumpers.  Bring on 2020 and Pocahontas or whoever.  Get ready to deal with six more years of Trump!!!

I never met someone in the financial industry like this guy. I?ve dealt with people from big companies from NY. He?s a real standout. I think there?s nothing wrong with his opinion but to call someone a cartoon character shows his charachter.

The character of MAGA defenders is revealed in every post.

Yeah, we're almost as bad as lawyers!

5b6cc67f-9d0c-4192-8e31-dbfb061f7821.jpg

morekaos said:
That may hold water if she was native american...which she is not. (sarcasm)

It?s not just this. Forget about the ethics as a finance professional. The way you act a person can say is questionable.

eyephone said:
Real person or cartoon, the fact that you made fun of a person based on race that?s the issue. (Typo )
That's not really what he did, though.  Your bias likely doesn't allow you to understand the difference.  Yes, race is involved, but there's no making fun of someone based on race and there's no making fun of a race. 

eyephone said:
morekaos said:

It?s not just this. Forget about the ethics as a finance professional. The way you act a person can say is questionable.

Wait a minute...do you think I am Irivinehomeowner?  That is a different thread.

irvinehomeowner said:
I think you need to dial back on your accusations of "attacks", if anyone goes to the political threads, the stuff you say to morekaos is way worse than anything I've asked you.

Do you know why ps9 isn't active here any more?

You are calling the kettle black here and quite frankly, if you really think I'm "attacking" then we need to figure this out.

Maybe we just ignore each other and that's it.

spootieho said:
eyephone said:
Real person or cartoon, the fact that you made fun of a person based on race that?s the issue. (Typo )
That's not really what he did, though.  Your bias likely doesn't allow you to understand the difference.  Yes, race is involved, but there's no making fun of someone based on race and there's no making fun of a race.

Your statement just went in a circle. No comment to that.

morekaos said:
eyephone said:
morekaos said:

Wait a minute...do you think I am Irivinehomeowner?  That is a different thread.

irvinehomeowner said:
I think you need to dial back on your accusations of "attacks", if anyone goes to the political threads, the stuff you say to morekaos is way worse than anything I've asked you.

Do you know why ps9 isn't active here any more?

You are calling the kettle black here and quite frankly, if you really think I'm "attacking" then we need to figure this out.

Maybe we just ignore each other and that's it.

Maybe if he knew the ethical line as a so called finance professional that you crossed multiple times. He would understand. (Maybe I?m wrong or maybe I?m right)
We can discusss about ethics if you like. (Fun topic to discuss, actually dry and boring)

morekaos said:

I'm sorry, but I need to call you out on this..  She is 1/1,024th Native American, sir!!

fortune11 said:
Perspective said:
Great. You received the talking points.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Tremendous success tonight. Thank you to all!

11/6/18 11:14 PM

Kings can act like don quixote at times - tilting at windmills . But he always adds the smiley face at the end to make sure we all know he has the upper hand w taunts

So here?s my smiley face :) too

great contribution to the discussion!  :)

Losing may still work well for the R's. Having Pelosi, Schiff and Waters as the face of the D's for the next 2 years isn't going to play very well given their on camera demeanor. We'll find out soon enough, given that the 2020 races start in 3....2....1....

The news I'm waiting for is more on the BlueGreen Wave side. With Steyer and Bloomberg dumping $$$$$$$$$$$$ in to races they hoped to win, what did that money buy? Yes, Rouda and Hill were plusses, but Walters and Kim appear to be hanging on (time will tell) Big cash was spent in Georgia, Texas, and Florida, and all 3 appear to remain on the R side of the aisle. It would be fun if a site like ProPublica does a recap of all the cash these two carpetbagging billionaires spent and what the ultimate impact was.

I know one thing that will come out of this - a renewed effort by concerned Dems to reinstate Campaign Finance Reform to keep "dark money" from flowing into elections.  Um... Wait a sec..... is that a gas leak in my office? My tyhping see.ms to ap;';0[3p5[

Soylent Green Is People said:
Losing may still work well for the R's. Having Pelosi, Schiff and Waters as the face of the D's for the next 2 years isn't going to play very well given their on camera demeanor. We'll find out soon enough, given that the 2020 races start in 3....2....1....

The news I'm waiting for is more on the BlueGreen Wave side. With Steyer and Bloomberg dumping $$$$$$$$$$$$ in to races they hoped to win, what did that money buy? Yes, Rouda and Hill were plusses, but Walters and Kim appear to be hanging on (time will tell) Big cash was spent in Georgia, Texas, and Florida, and all 3 appear to remain on the R side of the aisle. It would be fun if a site like ProPublica does a recap of all the cash these two carpetbagging billionaires spent and what the ultimate impact was.

I know one thing that will come out of this - a renewed effort by concerned Dems to reinstate Campaign Finance Reform to keep "dark money" from flowing into elections.  Um... Wait a sec..... is that a gas leak in my office? My tyhping see.ms to ap;';0[3p5[

Just playing by the rules bro. The Supreme Court already ruled on this?

How about foreign money coming to Trumps hotel?

Thanks for bringing up the topic. 

Soylent Green Is People said:

i laughed when i heard pelosi's victory speech last night about "draining the swamp" of dark money....someone has trump on the mind!

and i don't typically agree when people say "we win even though we lost!", but this may be one of the cases where even though the gop lost the house, the long play is really 2020 and trump's reelection while leading the rest of the republicans into the promised land.  now instead of the dems resisting and obstructing with no real accountability in the house or the senate, trump and other republicans up for reelection can point to some of the new heads of committees and house leaders as real obstructionists and the dems' actions, not just trump's, will dictate the outcome of the next election.

sorry biden, democrats are the only ones who lash out and don't accept the results of the election!  wake me up when republicans storm the streets and hold marches in the name of "democracy".

Biden: 'I guarantee' Trump will challenge legitimacy of election if GOP loses

Former Vice President Joe Biden said Tuesday that he would be "dumbfounded" if Democrats failed to retake the majority in the House, and expressed certainty that President Trump would question the legitimacy of the results if Republicans falter in Tuesday's midterm elections.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/415292-biden-i-guarantee-trump-will-challenge-legitimacy-of-election-if-gop-loses

meanwhile...

Georgia's Stacey Abrams refuses to concede, says victory 'within reach'

Democrat Stacey Abrams said early Wednesday morning that she?s not conceding the Georgia governor's race despite Republican candidate Brian Kemp?s lead.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/georgias-stacey-abrams-refuses-to-concede-to-republican-brian-kemp-says-her-victory-within-reach

Eyephone - I'm not saying "dark money" is a bad thing. I agree with the SCOTUS decision on this - money is speech, and restricting it is a violation of the 1st Amendment.  I'm just saying that if Steyer and Bloomberg spent $50m, and got 2 seats, man... that was money down the drain! Given the avalanche of Katie Porter mailers the DNC paid, along with Steyer/Bloomberg cash for TV ads, both of them wiser to light cash on fire in order to accomplish more than just losing. The math is interesting to me, not the subject of campaign finance - although it's pretty hypocritical for anyone in politics to say they are against "corporate money" or "PAC money" - then benefit from these ads, and never lift a finger to reform the present system. All talk, but no walk.

As for foreign cash to Trump branded hotels, we'll have to see if what POTUS said is reflected in POTUS actions. Trump said he'd donate foreign income payments to his hotels. At this point, I don't know what has or has not been done. He's donated his salary - something other Presidents or Senators of means have not done. Time will tell, won't it?

Yah, I think this puts a dent in that old adage that money alone can buy elections and puts a stake in the argument that Citizens United allows for the purchase of elections. Ask Meg Whitman or Ariana Huffington how that worked out. Now two more nimrods blow millions with no return on investment. Money well spent.

Kings said:
fortune11 said:
Perspective said:
Great. You received the talking points.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Tremendous success tonight. Thank you to all!

11/6/18 11:14 PM

Kings can act like don quixote at times - tilting at windmills . But he always adds the smiley face at the end to make sure we all know he has the upper hand w taunts

So here?s my smiley face :) too

great contribution to the discussion!  :)

You see, I have to play slow once in a while as to not run up the score too much on you

If every post of mine is as detailed and thoughtful as the one just earlier today on this thread or the detailed logical explanations on the other housing , finance and economics threads , then where is the fun ?  Got to keep it competitive w you guys ? copy and paste marathons .

And here is the customary smiley face :) so I can show I am playing it cool

Back