Midterm Elections

Perspective said:
Trump was called out for embracing the "nationalist" label, and tried to flip it. "I'm not doing racist things. You're doing racist things!"

He reminded me of you here.

Liar Loan said:
Perspective said:
Trump was called out for embracing the "nationalist" label, and tried to flip it. "I'm not doing racist things. You're doing racist things!"

He reminded me of you here.

Again w the same tactic - clearly when you have no witty response , you fall back on this trope of yours

Objectively , are there any racists at all in the Republican Party or at the MAGA rallies ? Or are they all model citizens

I guesss racists only belong in Democratic Party , you know , cause,  party of  Lincoln ... yes, that Lincoln . Now what century were we in again .

fortune11 said:
Kings said:
fortune11 said:
Perspective said:
Great. You received the talking points.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Tremendous success tonight. Thank you to all!

11/6/18 11:14 PM

Kings can act like don quixote at times - tilting at windmills . But he always adds the smiley face at the end to make sure we all know he has the upper hand w taunts

So here?s my smiley face :) too

great contribution to the discussion!  :)

You see, I have to play slow once in a while as to not run up the score too much on you

If every post of mine is as detailed and thoughtful as the one just earlier today on this thread or the detailed logical explanations on the other housing , finance and economics threads , then where is the fun ?  Got to keep it competitive w you guys ? copy and paste marathons .

And here is the customary smiley face :) so I can show I am playing it cool

hey, if there's one thing we can all take from the midterms is that everyone won just a little bit  ;)  feels good right?

except for jim acosta...that guy can't seem to figure it out!  over the next month we will see this narcissistic fool paraded around as a martyr on all of the liberal late night talk shows until he fades away and becomes irrelevant

CNN's Jim Acosta has press pass suspended by White House, Sarah Sanders announces

CNN's Chief White House Correspondent Jim Acosta's press pass to access the White House was suspended "until further notice" Wednesday, hours after he engaged in a contentious back-and-forth with President Trump.

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders confirmed Acosta's tweet in a statement, claiming the suspension of his press credentials stemmed from his "placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern." She called the behavior "absolutely unacceptable."

mdhg79vqkyw11.gif

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cnns-jim-acosta-press-pass-suspended-by-white-house-sarah-sanders-announces

I?m not sure if many people watch Squawk Box on CNBC in the morning. There was a segment on the show that that they talk about how unfair the tax cut was to New Jersey and blue states that aired on 11/7/18.

One of the hosts from Squawk Box Joe Kernon stated, ?I still love, I still get a lot of tweets about all I care about my tax cuts.?

youtube.com/watch?v=yrh4qBi_mQM

My comment: As I always been saying, Californians got shafted due to the SALT cap like New Jersey.

eyephone said:
I guess Wall St and the stock market loved the Dems taking the House.

Cant remember who it was but someone said that markets were selling off in October because of fears of a dem takeover of the house .

Never let your politics color your reality when it comes to dealing w money

Why should Stacy abrams concede when there are uncounted votes ?

The voting situation in Georgia is shaping up to be a deeply troubling challenge to American democracy. There are so many questions that warrant investigation. If this was a foreign country there would be a call for international inspectors.

eyephone said:

that was already predicted.  what wasn't predicted was how little ground the dems gained in trump's first midterm election. 

obama lost a total of 72 congressional seats (!) in his first midterm and bill clinton lost 63 seats!  trump lost a total of 23 seats (or thereabouts) while gaining at least 3 seats (maybe 4) in the senate, becoming just the third president in 100 years to do so in the midterms.

so you say stock market is up because dems took the house - i say stock market is up because gop lost so little seats and gained in the senate.  potato, potahto.  in the end, the real answer is probably neither, but like i said earlier, these great midterms provided a winning feeling to everyone so enjoy it while it lasts  :)

fortune11 said:
Why should Stacy abrams concede when there are uncounted votes ?

The voting situation in Georgia is shaping up to be a deeply troubling challenge to American democracy. There are so many questions that warrant investigation. If this was a foreign country there would be a call for international inspectors.

because math:

Georgia election fight heats up as Kemp declares victory and resigns secretary post, Abrams digs in

According to the Associated Press vote totals with all precincts reporting, Kemp has 1,972,952 votes to Abrams? 1,909,730 ?giving him 50.3 percent to her 48.7 percent. A first-ever gubernatorial runoff could have been triggered if neither candidate had cleared the 50 percent mark. At a Thursday news conference with outgoing Republican Gov. Nathan Deal, Kemp said only about 20,000 provisional ballots remain uncounted in the gubernatorial race. He said that even if Abrams "got 100 percent of those votes, we still win."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/georgia-election-fight-heats-up-as-kemp-declares-victory-resigns-as-secretary-of-state-abrams-prepares-to-force-runoff

People touting math don?t understand initial conditions and level of difficulty presented

House map was more difficult for dems and senate map easier for repubs

I have to keep repeating - don?t let your politics color how you look at the financials

will cnn and other fake news networks take responsibility for inciting violence against fox news and tucker carlson?  i see a lot of fox news hate here on ti - is this your end game?

Antifa protesters chant outside Fox's Tucker Carlson's home, break door

A group of angry Antifa protestors gathered outside of Fox News anchor Tucker Carlson's home on Wednesday evening.

The anti-fascists group, possibly associated with Smash Racism D.C., chanted "Tucker Carlson, we will fight. We know where you sleep at night" outside of Carlson's Washington home, according to Fox News. In a video posted online, the group can also be heard saying, "Racist scumbag, leave town!"

Carlson's wife, Susie, was home alone at the time. He told Fox she locked herself into a pantry and called police.

The host of "Tucker Carlson Tonight" said the group broke his oak door and one person mentioned a pipe bomb, as heard on a security video.

?Here?s the problem, I have four children,? he told Fox. ?I never thought twice about leaving them home alone, but this is the reaction because this group doesn?t like my TV show.?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/11/08/mob-tucker-carlsons-home-antifa-break-door-chant-fox-host/1927868002/

Kings said:
will cnn and other fake news networks take responsibility for inciting violence against fox news and tucker carlson?  i see a lot of fox news hate here on ti - is this your end game?

Antifa protesters chant outside Fox's Tucker Carlson's home, break door

A group of angry Antifa protestors gathered outside of Fox News anchor Tucker Carlson's home on Wednesday evening.

The anti-fascists group, possibly associated with Smash Racism D.C., chanted "Tucker Carlson, we will fight. We know where you sleep at night" outside of Carlson's Washington home, according to Fox News. In a video posted online, the group can also be heard saying, "Racist scumbag, leave town!"

Carlson's wife, Susie, was home alone at the time. He told Fox she locked herself into a pantry and called police.

The host of "Tucker Carlson Tonight" said the group broke his oak door and one person mentioned a pipe bomb, as heard on a security video.

?Here?s the problem, I have four children,? he told Fox. ?I never thought twice about leaving them home alone, but this is the reaction because this group doesn?t like my TV show.?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/11/08/mob-tucker-carlsons-home-antifa-break-door-chant-fox-host/1927868002/

Not very civil?...no?

Once again voting seems to put the focus on the Duh in Florida. Let's hope it's not another Bush v Gore situation.

I'm waiting for the 400k or so (Per OC Register) provisional and mail in ballots to be counted here in OC. Not expecting any surprises, but that's quite a load to check through. Anything can happen.

My .02c

Kings said:
eyephone said:

that was already predicted.  what wasn't predicted was how little ground the dems gained in trump's first midterm election. 

obama lost a total of 72 congressional seats (!) in his first midterm and bill clinton lost 63 seats!  trump lost a total of 23 seats (or thereabouts) while gaining at least 3 seats (maybe 4) in the senate, becoming just the third president in 100 years to do so in the midterms.

so you say stock market is up because dems took the house - i say stock market is up because gop lost so little seats and gained in the senate.  potato, potahto.  in the end, the real answer is probably neither, but like i said earlier, these great midterms provided a winning feeling to everyone so enjoy it while it lasts  :)

Best wishes for a recovery to RBG who broke three ribs today. Breathe deeply so pneumonia doesn't set in. Dems heads would completely explode if she were replaced by a far right judge and we can't have exploding blue heads. We've had enough of those the last two years.

We can all thank (or not) Christine Blasey Ford for the GOP retaining control of Federal Judge nominations for the next two years.

And don't forget our local chum bucket - Michael Avenatti - who contributed mightily to the cause.

If RBG retires because of this terrible fall, we all know war is coming shortly thereafter.

Ready2Downsize said:
Kings said:
eyephone said:

Best wishes for a recovery to RBG who broke three ribs today. Breathe deeply so pneumonia doesn't set in. Dems heads would completely explode if she were replaced by a far right judge and we can't have exploding blue heads. We've had enough of those the last two years.

We can all thank (or not) Christine Blasey Ford for the GOP retaining control of Federal Judge nominations for the next two years.

Yes , I now remember it was your genius insight that market was selling off in October because of fear of dem takeover . How did that work out ? 

fortune11 said:
Ready2Downsize said:
Kings said:
eyephone said:

Yes , I now remember it was your genius insight that market was selling off in October because of fear of dem takeover . How did that work out ?

ROFLMAO

Back