Mello-Roos of Irvine

jmoney74 said:
bones said:
jmoney74 said:
aquabliss said:
Got my supplementals today as well.  Merry Christmas indeed.

Did you get three of them?

does it matter how many bills?  You should know what your total tax is for the year.  It's just Base + MR based on sf of home. There won't be any surprises.  Supps are due feb and June.

it doesn't.. but just wondering when I'm going to get all of mine. 

They're coming bro. They won't forget you. Did you try logging on with your parcel # to see if the e-version is there and just hasn't hit your mailbox yet.

bones said:
jmoney74 said:
bones said:
jmoney74 said:
aquabliss said:

does it matter how many bills?  You should know what your total tax is for the year.  It's just Base + MR based on sf of home. There won't be any surprises.  Supps are due feb and June.

They're coming bro. They won't forget you. Did you try logging on with your parcel # to see if the e-version is there and just hasn't hit your mailbox yet.

lol yeah.. i know. I checked.. only two came up.  My address won't even pop up with the info.. just the parcel numbers. 

jmoney74 said:
bones said:
jmoney74 said:
bones said:
jmoney74 said:
aquabliss said:

lol yeah.. i know. I checked.. only two came up.  My address won't even pop up with the info.. just the parcel numbers. 

Ditto on the parcel #s. Have you gotten a water bill yet?  I haven't gotten a single one since I moved in. When I called the water company, they told me yea, no bill, your address doesn't exist.  So either some poor schmuck is paying for my water or the builder/developer is.

yes I got a water bill... took 3-4 months though.  Did you get it transferred to your name/address?  They will charge you for all of that water. 

got mine yesterday too.  one is couple hundred and another one is couple thousand.  both due on Feb and June 2015. 

yaliu07 said:
got mine yesterday too.  one is couple hundred and another one is couple thousand.  both due on Feb and June 2015.

Yaliu.. did it add up to what you were expecting?  There should be one more coming.

For mine there were 2 separate envelopes, but each envelope had 2 payment coupons.

1st Envelope - Coupon 1 (due Feb 2015) and Coupon 2 (due June 2015)
2nd Envelope - Coupon 1 (due Feb 2015) and Coupon 2 (due June 2015)

jmoney74 said:
yaliu07 said:

Yaliu.. did it add up to what you were expecting?  There should be one more coming.

there should NOT be any more coming.

I received three bills.  Two from yesterday and 1 from property tax (Oct 2014).  The sum of all three bill is around what I am expecting.  I expected house value x 1.1% (property tax) + 6K (mello-roos).  After I added all three them together, the sum is what i am expecting.

Btw, i also expect to shoot myself.

yaliu07 said:
jmoney74 said:
yaliu07 said:

I received three bills.  Two from yesterday and 1 from property tax (Oct 2014).  The sum of all three bill is around what I am expecting.  I expected house value x 1.1% (property tax) + 6K (mello-roos).  After I added all three them together, the sum is what i am expecting.

If you do, where will they burry you?

JustSayin said:
yaliu07 said:
jmoney74 said:
yaliu07 said:

he's not a vet.. so Rose Hills he goes.

Ok.. I didn't get a bill for October like everyone else got.  That's what I'm waiting on.

jmoney74 said:
JustSayin said:
yaliu07 said:
jmoney74 said:
yaliu07 said:

he's not a vet.. so Rose Hills he goes.

Ok.. I didn't get a bill for October like everyone else got.  That's what I'm waiting on.

did you go to talk to county tax office?  i think the first installment is due on dec 10 (may be dec 12).

I didn't get the assessment notice in the mail until November.  Spoke to my neighbors and it's the same.. I think it's delayed.

Are these multiple envelopes only for Mello Roos properties?

Or is this some FCB thing like Red Envelopes during the holidays? :)

jmoney74 said:
I didn't get the assessment notice in the mail until November.  Spoke to my neighbors and it's the same.. I think it's delayed.

I called the assessor's office and they told me that I will NOT get a property tax bill (the one due in Dec 10) for this year based on my COE of June of this year. I also got my assessment notice around end of Nov and just got my two supplement this week. OC property tax website also only shows the supplement.

c4 said:
jmoney74 said:

I called the assessor's office and they told me that I will NOT get a property tax bill (the one due in Dec 10) for this year based on my COE of June of this year. I also got my assessment notice around end of Nov and just got my two supplement this week. OC property tax website also only shows the supplement.

I think I'm in your boat.. we closed mid May.  So will we have to pay it later or will just get a regular bill next year?

jmoney74 said:
c4 said:
jmoney74 said:

I think I'm in your boat.. we closed mid May.  So will we have to pay it later or will just get a regular bill next year?

Don't assume they will send it to you when you are the new owner. My first tax bill was mailed to the former owners PO Box and I got billed a late fee. I fought the fee and won but it was a PITA. Just call or check online if you still didn't get a bill.

I think I heard that you will not pay the first year as the tax assessor is trying to value your property beyond what the developer valued it at. Then, you will end up paying next year's property tax and then a supplemental for this year.

Basically put this years property tax aside so that it won't be a shock when you have to pay next years and this years together.

Coleman said:
I think I heard that you will not pay the first year as the tax assessor is trying to value your property beyond what the developer valued it at. Then, you will end up paying next year's property tax and then a supplemental for this year.

Basically put this years property tax aside so that it won't be a shock when you have to pay next years and this years together.

yeah.. I''m not going to fully celebrate until next year.  ;). would be odd though for them to just combine it like that next year... i've never heard of that. 

Anyone in this forum who can vouch for what I stated previously?

I know from the resell perspective, I was hit with a supplemental tax payment because the home more than doubled in value since the previous owner purchased it.

Back