Mello-Roos of Irvine

I believe MRs have gone down in both Woodbury and Portola Springs, not sure if it was because of more homes or something about TIC paying down or restructuring the bond with a lower interest rate.

But TUSD added the new OH bond on top of the old Mello-Roos.  This to me is a sign that TUSD needs a lot more funding.  I doubt they will reduce MR at NP.  It wouldn't make any sense. 

thatOSguy said:
ps9 said:
But TUSD added the new OH bond on top of the old Mello-Roos.  This to me is a sign that TUSD needs a lot more funding.  I doubt they will reduce MR at NP.  It wouldn't make any sense.

But that's an additional bond, no? There are more households paying on existing bonds, no?
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php?topic=11116.0
Free iPads for Tustin students = thank Tustin homeowners that pay taxes

Is Northpark in the same community facilities district as OH?  Only the homeowners in the district pay the bonds applicable for that district.

Earlier this year, the City of Irvine refinanced the Mello-Roos bond in Columbus Grove (the Irvine part) at a lower interest rate and the same expiration date. For example, look at 19 Desert Willow on the OC Tax Collector's web site and you'll see the MR went from $6000 to $4300 this year.

So Pavilion Park gets R3???  Just checked 112 and 115 Sparrow (Harmony by K.Hov) on the tax site.  Listed R3 same as Quail Hill/Turtle Ridge expiring in 2038. 

o-null-s said:
qwerty said:
Is Northpark in the same community facilities district as OH?  Only the homeowners in the district pay the bonds applicable for that district.

I'm guessing yes, but need to verify. There's overlap on two of the schools (Beckman and Orchard Hills) whose building was funded by the bonds. I'm at a loss to explain why TUSD attached so much additional debt to OH given the schools are substantively built and done.

I am slightly confused.  I thought that the OH mello roos was very reasonable.  Capella had only about $4,700 per year.  The Hawthorn plans in PP that we were initially looking at (price point was about the same eventhough their floor plan was larger) was close to $8,000.  Do the bigger developments in OH pay a much a higher MR?

ps9 said:
So Pavilion Park gets R3???  Just checked 112 and 115 Sparrow (Harmony by K.Hov) on the tax site.  Listed R3 same as Quail Hill/Turtle Ridge expiring in 2038.
Heard they royally F* up when they computed PP MRs originally. Didn't follow guidelines properly. To the point they may have to redo and significantly lower them. Who knows. Just what someone told me.

Back