Masks?

morekaos said:
eyephone said:
You still did not give a reason why you got the vaccine.

akula1488 said:
Or you believed CNN and Biden that the vaccine was a real effective and safe vaccine that can prevent infection and transmission...

morekaos said:
Or you were forced to by a work or school mandate and had little choice. ;D ;D >:D

Never said I did.

1488 is your alt account?

eyephone said:
morekaos said:
eyephone said:
You still did not give a reason why you got the vaccine.

akula1488 said:
Or you believed CNN and Biden that the vaccine was a real effective and safe vaccine that can prevent infection and transmission...

morekaos said:
Or you were forced to by a work or school mandate and had little choice. ;D ;D >:D

Never said I did.

1488 is your alt account?

Because clearly I was asking 1488 and you replied.

Late as usual...and with unenforceable caveats.... Useless.

LA County's relaxed indoor mask mandate is now in effect. Here's what you need to know
KABC - 1h ago

Los Angeles County on Friday eased its indoor mask mandate to allow people vaccinated against COVID-19 to remove face coverings indoors at establishments that verify patrons' vaccination status.

The indoor mask mandate is optional for businesses, and there are still some rules.

The new health order, which took effect at 12:01 a.m., puts the onus on businesses to ensure that all customers permitted indoors are either fully vaccinated or can provide proof of a recent negative COVID test. Even after that verification, only fully vaccinated customers will be permitted to remove masks indoors.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/ne...t-you-need-to-know/ar-AAUjdfk?ocid=uxbndlbing

It always was about politics....

Politicians, Activists Argue Democrats? Flip Flop On Mask Mandates Is Motivated By ?Political Science? And Electoral Ambitions

?When far left politicians and their legacy media allies talked about following the data and science, what they really meant was following the polling data and the political science,? Prior said. ?Parents are not going to fall for this kind of gaslighting, now or ever.?

In updated guidance published Friday, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) updated its COVID-19 mask guidance which no longer recommends indoor masking in most settings.

As part of the new guidance only schools in areas deemed high risk are advised to require masks, a change that reverses previous guidance that recommended universal school masking regardless of community COVID-19 virus levels.
https://dailycaller.com/2022/03/01/...by-political-science-and-electoral-ambitions/

Well...I guess that ends that argument...

TSA will not enforce Covid mask mandate on planes, public transit after court ruling, White House says

A federal judge in Florida on Monday ruled that the CDC had overstepped its authority when it issued a mask mandate for planes and other forms of public transportation.
The CDC mandate is no longer in effect and the TSA will not enforce it at this time, a Biden administration official said.
The White House is reviewing the court?s ruling and the Justice Department will decide whether it will appeal, according to press secretary Jen Psaki.
The court?s ruling comes less than a week after the CDC extended the mandate for 15 days, amid a rise in Covid infections nationwide due to the more contagious omicron BA.2 subvariant.
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/18/flo...c-mask-mandate-for-public-transit-planes.html
https://youtu.be/bcYppAs6ZdI

That worked great...saved how many lives?... ;D ;D >:D

Mask whiplash strikes Philly amid changing rules across US

People in Philadelphia could be excused if they felt a sense of whiplash Friday as the city abandoned its indoor mask mandate just days after becoming the first U.S. metropolis to reimpose compulsory masking in response to an increase in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations.

City officials who had previously stressed the need to head off a new wave of coronavirus infections by requiring people to mask up indoors abruptly called it off after what they said was an unexpected drop in the number of people in the hospital and a leveling-off of infections.

The city had taken plenty of heat for the renewed masking order, with a lawsuit already filed and two of the three leading Democratic candidates for Pennsylvania's open U.S. Senate seat expressing opposition to it at a debate Thursday night. But city officials insisted Friday their decision was about the data, not any external legal or political pressure.
https://www.msn.com/en-xl/news/news...ate-claims-victory/ar-AAWukM1?ocid=uxbndlbing

Meanwhile the brain trust in LA wants masking when getting on a trian is more dangerous than Covid...

Los Angeles County, meanwhile, bucked national trends and said Thursday it will still require masks on public transit including trains, subways, buses, taxis and rideshares. Cases have risen in the past week and hospitalizations have plateaued after falling the previous two months.

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/701346094?h=3c85e3803c" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p><a href="https://vimeo.com/701346094">Metro Surveillance Videos</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/user171977019">Steve Gregory</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

So morekaos' wishes seem to be coming true... I see less masks out and about as protocols have relaxed.

I'm still masking up (quadruple for a certain member). I also always stop at known blind crosswalks for pedestrians and bikers... even if others don't.

I'm also getting more texts of people testing positive.

But unlike morekaos, my micro isn't an indicator of the world at large.

irvinehomeowner said:
So morekaos' wishes seem to be coming true... I see less masks out and about as protocols have relaxed.

I'm still masking up (quadruple for a certain member). I also always stop at known blind crosswalks for pedestrians and bikers... even if others don't.

As is your right IHO...you do what you think is prudent...I got no problem with that but now we can look back at the data "science" with a calm eye and see that the whole mask exercise was pointless...

Maskaholics
Wearing a mask may still give some people a sense of security, but they could breathe more easily if they?d face the facts.

The graph tracks the results of a natural experiment that occurred nationwide during the pandemic. Eleven states never mandated masks, while the other 39 states enforced mandates. The mandates typically began early in the pandemic in 2020 and remained until at least the summer of 2021, with some extending into 2022. The black line on the graph shows the weekly rate of Covid cases in all the states with mask mandates that week, while the orange line shows the rate in all the states without mandates.

As you can see from the lines? similar trajectories, the mask mandates hardly controlled the virus. By the time the mandates were introduced in New York and other states in the spring of 2020 (at the left side of the graph), infections had already been declining in those states, and the mandates didn?t prevent a surge later that year, when cases rose and fell in nearly identical trajectories regardless of states? mask policies. The pandemic?s second year saw slight deviations in both directions, but those reflected the seasonality of the virus and the geography of mask mandates, which remained more common in northern states. Cases were higher in the non-mandate states last summer, when the seasonal surge in the South disproportionately hit Republican states without mandates, but those states went on to have fewer cases during the winter, when the seasonal surge in the North hit more Democratic states with mandates.
https://www.city-journal.org/the-failed-covid-policy-of-mask-mandates

irvinehomeowner said:

I have to say that after my company relaxed mask protocols 2 weeks ago (masks no longer required for fully vaccinated employees, which is about 98%), I'm pleasantly surprised to see that about 85% of the people still decide to wear masks. I still wear it most of the time, except for when I'm at the gym. There are usually only 5-6 people in the gym and it's a huge gym with air purifiers.

To be honest, I feel more comfortable going mask-less at work than walking inside a Costco, for example, with a mask, because I know that 98% of my co-workers are fully vaccinated and boosted.

morekaos said:
irvinehomeowner said:

As is your right IHO...you do what you think is prudent...I got no problem with that but now we can look back at the data "science" with a calm eye and see that the whole mask exercise was pointless...

Maskaholics
Wearing a mask may still give some people a sense of security, but they could breathe more easily if they?d face the facts.

The graph tracks the results of a natural experiment that occurred nationwide during the pandemic. Eleven states never mandated masks, while the other 39 states enforced mandates. The mandates typically began early in the pandemic in 2020 and remained until at least the summer of 2021, with some extending into 2022. The black line on the graph shows the weekly rate of Covid cases in all the states with mask mandates that week, while the orange line shows the rate in all the states without mandates.

As you can see from the lines? similar trajectories, the mask mandates hardly controlled the virus. By the time the mandates were introduced in New York and other states in the spring of 2020 (at the left side of the graph), infections had already been declining in those states, and the mandates didn?t prevent a surge later that year, when cases rose and fell in nearly identical trajectories regardless of states? mask policies. The pandemic?s second year saw slight deviations in both directions, but those reflected the seasonality of the virus and the geography of mask mandates, which remained more common in northern states. Cases were higher in the non-mandate states last summer, when the seasonal surge in the South disproportionately hit Republican states without mandates, but those states went on to have fewer cases during the winter, when the seasonal surge in the North hit more Democratic states with mandates.
https://www.city-journal.org/the-failed-covid-policy-of-mask-mandates

Still just your opinion.

Linking to OpEds are not proof of anything.

Hindsight really is 20:20..

Correlation Between Mask Compliance and COVID-19 Outcomes in Europe

The study plotted the percentage of mask compliance in each country against covid cases and deaths. The author evidently expected to demonstrate the utility of masks, but was disappointed:

The aim of this short study was to analyse the correlation between mask usage against morbidity and mortality rates in the 2020-2021 winter in Europe. Data from 35 European countries on morbidity, mortality, and mask usage during a six-month period were analysed and crossed. Mask usage was more homogeneous in Eastern Europe than in Western European countries. Spearman?s correlation coefficients between mask usage and COVID-19 outcomes were either null or positive, depending on the subgroup of countries and type of outcome (cases or deaths). Positive correlations were stronger in Western than in Eastern European countries. These findings indicate that countries with high levels of mask compliance did not perform better than those with low mask usage.

Actually, it suggests that countries with more mask compliance did worse. A positive correlation means that more masks corresponded to more deaths.

Surprisingly, weak positive correlations were observed when mask compliance was plotted against morbidity (cases/million) or mortality (deaths/million) in each country (Figure 3).

I.e., more masks = more cases and more deaths. This is the study?s conclusion:

While no cause-effect conclusions could be inferred from this observational analysis, the lack of negative correlations between mask usage and COVID-19 cases and deaths suggest that the widespread use of masks at a time when an effective intervention was most needed, i.e., during the strong 2020-2021 autumn-winter peak, was not able to reduce COVID-19 transmission. Moreover, the moderate positive correlation between mask usage and deaths in Western Europe also suggests that the universal use of masks may have had harmful unintended consequences.
https://www.cureus.com/articles/938...sk-compliance-and-covid-19-outcomes-in-europe

How I am not surprised. Masks trap germs, deprive your body of oxygen...the best way to beat this new strain of flu is to live as healthy as possible, no face coverings, eat your vitamins and exercise outdoor regularly.

morekaos said:
Those numbers and charts are not opinion?just facts.  Follow the science. ;D ;D >:D

Follow the science? That's ironic coming from someone who has demonstrated limited understanding of science.

Confess... did you actually read those numbers and charts?

The OpEd article sees what it wants to see... written by one person without backup from peers... that's why it's called an OpEd...opinion.

irvinehomeowner said:
morekaos said:
Those numbers and charts are not opinion?just facts.  Follow the science. ;D ;D >:D

Follow the science? That's ironic coming from someone who has demonstrated limited understanding of science.

Confess... did you actually read those numbers and charts?

The OpEd article sees what it wants to see... written by one person without backup from peers... that's why it's called an OpEd...opinion.

I was being sarcastic...I don't believe anyone...I'm an entropy fan.
https://youtu.be/dE_u5RuvNog

See... and that's why your posts have little value some times (not all the time).

You say something, and then when caught fact checking or just flat out being wrong... your retort is "I was joking", "I'm kidding", "I'm being sarcastic", "Can't prove a negative".

Own up to your lack of research/understanding:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITwPzduUmCw

No, the "follow the science" comment was sarcasm and irony.  The article and the data I do stand by.  Look at my most recent post...it quotes directly form the study and links directly to the data.

Back