Las Ventanas Plans 2+3 vs. Maricopa Plans 1+2

USCTrojanCPA said:
Thermofoil said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Wow, they finished those homes quick.  They beat LV by a good month (my buyer in phase 1 told me that their closing will be around the end of August).

Quick work does unfortunately not mean Good work as we can read in another thread.
Looks like they cut the size of the front yards to widen the street.
Yeah, fast is not necessarily good when it comes to building a home.  Getting a home inspection might be in order.

Are home inspectors allowed to come in as the homes are being built?  From the shows I've seen on HGTV (good source I know :p), home inspectors tend to miss many things because they can't peel back the walls and really look underneath the surface.

blitzjs said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Thermofoil said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Wow, they finished those homes quick.  They beat LV by a good month (my buyer in phase 1 told me that their closing will be around the end of August).

Quick work does unfortunately not mean Good work as we can read in another thread.
Looks like they cut the size of the front yards to widen the street.
Yeah, fast is not necessarily good when it comes to building a home.  Getting a home inspection might be in order.

Are home inspectors allowed to come in as the homes are being built?  From the shows I've seen on HGTV (good source I know :p), home inspectors tend to miss many things because they can't peel back the walls and really look underneath the surface.

I think if they are with the "to be" buyers and they sign a consent form in case they get hurt out at the site. I went out numerous times with family and friends while it was being built and we noticed some defects. We asked the superintendent about our concerns and they were able to rectify the problems. I never took a licensed inspector prior to the official walkthrough, though.

Is it the price that is keeping the Plan 3s from selling?

They can probably give all their models a price reduction to spur sales. Have they added $25k in "design center credits" yet?

irvinehomeowner said:

They can probably give all their models a price reduction to spur sales. Have they added $25k in "design center credits" yet?

We are looking and would buy a Plan 3 if they lowered costs. Plan 2 is a little on the smaller end for our family. Need to keep the final price around $920k to get a conforming loan once the limits drop Oct 1 given what we have toward down-payment.

irvinehomeowner said:

Nope, no design credit yet.  They are still working hard at selling these homes the traditional way (constant emailing and calling).

They should think about building homes the traditional way also and give people decent size front and back yards. That would boost those sales numbers.
Why can't you get that for almost a mil? oh.. I almost forgot.. because it's Irvine and it's special.

Thermofoil said:
They should think about building homes the traditional way also and give people decent size front and back yards. That would boost those sales numbers.
Why can't you get that for almost a mil? oh.. I almost forgot.. because it's Irvine and it's special.

You can if you are willing to buy resale in Irvine. But if it is only new construction for you, then you are out of luck. TIC has a monopoly for now. If you are willing to wait till 2013 you can see what is built in Heritage Fields (no guarantees).

Comparing maricopa plan 1 and plan 2, what do you think? Is $70,000 reasonable for the difference?
I like plan 2, but paying $70,000 without having one more bedroom? I hope they will lowered plan 2 price. But it seems they are selling plan 2 well too. They converted plan 3 to plan 1 and plan 2 now.

fcb2011 said:
Comparing maricopa plan 1 and plan 2, what do you think? Is $70,000 reasonable for the difference?
I like plan 2, but paying $70,000 without having one more bedroom? I hope they will lowered plan 2 price. But it seems they are selling plan 2 well too. They converted plan 3 to plan 1 and plan 2 now.

Ditto. Your post confuzzled me.

I think fcb is trying to say that Plan 1 and Plan 2 have the same bedroom count but there is a difference of $70k and he wants to know if it's worth it (I don't think so).

In addition, lots that were plotted for Plan 3 are now converted to a Plan 1 and a Plan 2 (as PS had posted on the Stonegate Broker Co-op thread).

I agree that Plan 2 should be priced lower... considering SG is a B 'hood.

irvinehomeowner said:
I think fcb is trying to say that Plan 1 and Plan 2 have the same bedroom count but there is a difference of $70k and he wants to know if it's worth it (I don't think so).

In addition, lots that were plotted for Plan 3 are now converted to a Plan 1 and a Plan 2 (as PS had posted on the Stonegate Broker Co-op thread).

I agree that Plan 2 should be priced lower... considering SG is a B 'hood.

exactly what I want to ask. Thanks!

Is it worth paying 70,000 more for plan2?

Well you do get a bigger size den that can be a guest bedroom/man cave/dog house/living room/play room.....

ps99472 said:
I haven't been down to Maricopa for awhile but last week was informed of Phase 3 release and was asked to rank my top 3 out of the 8 that is available.  I declined to purchase and told them I will wait for future phases.  There were no mention of additional incentives besides the broker co-op confirmed by USC (I didn't ask about the Trellis, even if it was included it would not be enough to get off the fence for me).  Here are the prices for phase 3:

Plan 1 at $789,400 (two at this price)
Plan 2 at $891,400 (one at this price due to ~$25K lot premium)
Plan 2 at $869,900 (one at this price)
Plan 3 at $933,400 (three at this price)
Plan 3 at $932,400 (one at this price)

and to compare here are the prices from phase 2, which I thought I posted but this thread is becoming to big to look for things:

Plan 1 at $788,700 (x2)
Plan 2 at $867,700 (x1)
Plan 2 at $868,700 (x1)
Plan 3 at $990,700 (lot premium)
Plan 3 at $965,700 (x1)
Plan 3 at $967,700 (x1)

So Plan 3's have dropped $30-35K from release.  Hopefully they will give the same adjustment to Plan 2's.  Don't think they will touch the Plan 1 pricing since it seems to sell out quick every phase.  So iPAC here's what you need to do to get me to buy:  price drop (I'm not greedy $30K will do), landscaping (c'mon that narrow strip of land you call a backyard is not going to cost that much, gotta have something nice to go with my free Trellis), cover my escrow costs with a nice chunk of closing credit and enough to buy down my loan to pre-Oct'11 rates since we will be closing well after, cover my HOA for a year (this should be easy, $1200 is not that much), include upgrades (no not tiles nor backsplashes, need something substantial, kitchen cabinets, flooring, appliances, etc.), and cover my property tax for a year (including MR).  Now I may be dreaming but I'm holding out strong till I achieve it.  Some of the lots I'm interested in now are towards the end of the phase releases so hopefully by then the well of buyers will run dry and I'll have some fun with this.

Phase 4 Pricing

Plan 1 at $789,400
Plan 1 at $786,400 (2 at this price)

Plan 2 at $874,400
Plan 2 at $870,900
Plan 2 at $867,400
Plan 2 at $866,400

Plan 3 at $936,400

Checked out Maricopa today. Plan ones execution was pretty cool.  Loved how the garage access was right by the kitchen and laundry room.

Plan threes open floor plan was nice, the center island is great for entertaining.

Plan 2 is also my favorite... it's all about the upstairs laundrizzle!

Although... LagAlt improves on it by adding a loft space... for much more money than it probably cost to add.

Dow 6000.... then take out an advertisement in the OC register (any any realted Chinese/Korean newspapers) highlighting the low income housng... 

*poof*...  Maricopa plan 2 for cheap!

Back