Las Ventanas Plans 2+3 vs. Maricopa Plans 1+2

yellowplum said:
After reading the threads here, I no longer feel the urgency to compete with the cash buyers. I just wish Maricopa is priced a little lower (50k would do!). I believe someone else already said this about the SG products. We originally really wanted to go with Las Ventenas but just cannot justify paying the high melloroos.

Should I worry about the proximity to the landfill? I have a colleague who is adamant about SG being close to the landfill and would rather go to oak creek?!?

Wait isn't it only $800 more per year?  I thought Maricopa was $4200 while LV was closer to $5000.  We're not talking about a $3000 difference like Augusta at Columbus Square.

Got a Maricopa email saying they sold 4 homes out of the 8 released in phase 3.  Then I get a phone call asking if I'm still interested in a lot that another buyer is getting cold feet.  I wonder how many of the "SOLD" homes I can still buy? 

Just double checked. From the brochure I got at the sites:

Maricopa is $4200. (1.5%)
For LV, I have AD=$3197, CFD=$1800, other taxes=$169. Grand Total=$5366/yr. (1.75%)

HOA @Maricopa=$110 at build out. @LV=$150 at build out, currently $160/month.

You are right.. I suppose it is not a 3000$ difference but not trivial.
How many years would it be before the MR may go down?

shadax said:
yellowplum said:
After reading the threads here, I no longer feel the urgency to compete with the cash buyers. I just wish Maricopa is priced a little lower (50k would do!). I believe someone else already said this about the SG products. We originally really wanted to go with Las Ventenas but just cannot justify paying the high melloroos.

Should I worry about the proximity to the landfill? I have a colleague who is adamant about SG being close to the landfill and would rather go to oak creek?!?

Wait isn't it only $800 more per year?  I thought Maricopa was $4200 while LV was closer to $5000.  We're not talking about a $3000 difference like Augusta at Columbus Square.

yellowplum said:

For LV, I have AD=$3197, CFD=$1800, other taxes=$169. Grand Total=$5366/yr. (1.75%)

shadax said:
yellowplum said:

Mello Roos doesn't go down.  It normally stays the same and ends after about 20-35 years (depending on the bond). 

irvinehomeowner said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Mello Roos doesn't go down.  It normally stays the same and ends after about 20-35 years (depending on the bond). 
Unless you buy in Tustin. ;P

Wait...did I miss something in the Augusta at Columbus Square thread?  Is their MR tied to the price somehow like base prop tax?  (that'd actually be good, since they should be going down)

USCTrojanCPA said:
yellowplum said:

shadax said:
yellowplum said:

Part of the mello roos for a few of the new TIC homes last as long as 65 years(!)  (I don't remember which ones, but I think I asked about the actual MR length at Sevilla and Santa Clara.)

kayochan said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
yellowplum said:

shadax said:
yellowplum said:

Part of the mello roos for a few of the new TIC homes last as long as 65 years(!)  (I don't remember which ones, but I think I asked about the actual MR length at Sevilla and Santa Clara.)
That's exactly why I threw the "normally" part in there.  65 year Mello Roos bonds?  YIKES!!!  I didn't know they have bonds with maturities past 40 years. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
kayochan said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
yellowplum said:

shadax said:
yellowplum said:

That's exactly why I threw the "normally" part in there.  65 year Mello Roos bonds?  YIKES!!!  I didn't know they have bonds with maturities past 40 years. 

MR isn't just bonds.  A lot of people don't understand mello roos but like to post on the internet like they do instead of just learning about them.

test said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
kayochan said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
yellowplum said:

shadax said:
yellowplum said:

MR isn't just bonds.  A lot of people don't understand mello roos but like to post on the internet like they do instead of just learning about them.

Districts and taxes

A Mello-Roos District is an area where a special property tax on real estate, in addition to the normal property tax, is imposed on those real property owners within a Community Facilities District. These districts seek public financing through the sale of bonds for the purpose of financing public improvements and services.  These services may include streets, water, sewage and drainage, electricity, infrastructure, schools, parks and police protection to newly developing areas. The tax paid is used to make the payments of principal and interest on the bonds.

Mello-Roos is tax deductible in some cases but not in others.

Called in sick today and had some time to kill... here are the finished homes in Maricopa (1st phase).  People are moving in, saw gas company people, no front landscaping yet.  Not sure but streets feel wider then over at Sonoma but can't validate it, maybe when street parking gets full then it'll be the same.  Noticed no mail boxes in front, there are two of those community mail boxes on Diamond. 

4b0a6975.jpg

e75b45f2.jpg

8957be15.jpg

8242148e.jpg

3b3bca78.jpg

3c582868.jpg

6c08248c.jpg

Wow, they finished those homes quick.  They beat LV by a good month (my buyer in phase 1 told me that their closing will be around the end of August). 

USCTrojanCPA said:
Wow, they finished those homes quick.  They beat LV by a good month (my buyer in phase 1 told me that their closing will be around the end of August).

Quick work does unfortunately not mean Good work as we can read in another thread.
Looks like they cut the size of the front yards to widen the street.

Thermofoil said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Quick work does unfortunately not mean Good work as we can read in another thread.
Looks like they cut the size of the front yards to widen the street.
Yeah, fast is not necessarily good when it comes to building a home.  Getting a home inspection might be in order.

Well, I could be wrong because it's been quite a long while since I went to visit a TIC sales office but I remember an IPac sales person mentioning that IPac does not allow home inspections prior to close of escrow.
It did not sound right to me but I did not insist at that time.

Thermofoil said:
Well, I could be wrong because it's been quite a long while since I went to visit a TIC sales office but I remember an IPac sales person mentioning that IPac does not allow home inspections prior to close of escrow.
It did not sound right to me but I did not insist at that time.
Danger, Will Robinson!!!!

Back