Las Ventanas Plans 2+3 vs. Maricopa Plans 1+2

I guess TM got the DRE approval to enter into purchase contracts.  My buyers who are buying lot 63 will be signing their purchase contract this weekend.

So anyone got updates on Maricopa?  Phase 2?  I'm still eagerly waiting for phase 3 pricing, hoping for some sort of adjustment.  Phase 3 move in dates should be well past Oct so any jumbo loan financing could hit a road bump.  Maybe they can offer some sort of long term rate lock like stonetree?

I thought you won't buy Maricopa now...  :p

They already lowered by 35k as I talked to them last week. I doubt they will lower it further in a few weeks.  Did you get any call from them? It's supposed to be phase 3 release time this week...

ps99472 said:
So anyone got updates on Maricopa?  Phase 2?  I'm still eagerly waiting for phase 3 pricing, hoping for some sort of adjustment.  Phase 3 move in dates should be well past Oct so any jumbo loan financing could hit a road bump.  Maybe they can offer some sort of long term rate lock like stonetree?

fcb2011 said:
I thought you won't buy Maricopa now...  :p

They already lowered by 35k as I talked to them last week. I doubt they will lower it further in a few weeks.  Did you get any call from them? It's supposed to be phase 3 release time this week...

ps99472 said:

I'm still considering Maricopa, just not as excited about it as before, definitely will have renewed interest if they throw in more goodies besides just broker co-op since I don't qualify.  I thought the 35k drop was just for the phase 1 plan 3 with all the upgrades built in.  Did they adjust the price for plans 1&2 as well?  Nope didnt get any calls from them regarding phase 3.  They usually send the email out on Wed (same as Sonoma). 

So for Maricopa, are the advertised base prices lower or is that just for the Plan 3 standing inventory?

Haven't been to the models in a while.

It's all Plan3. I remember the new phase starts at 935,000 for plan 3.

irvinehomeowner said:
So for Maricopa, are the advertised base prices lower or is that just for the Plan 3 standing inventory?

Haven't been to the models in a while.

Maricopa delayed the Phase 3 release until this Sat. or next Sat.  (agent did not give confirmed date) Sounds like Irvine Co. is controlling inventory rather than reduce pricing.  Also, the construction of these homes has slowed down quite a bit.  Only 1st and 2nd phase homes are getting worked on.  Foundation hasn't even been poured for the next phase.

I haven't been down to Maricopa for awhile but last week was informed of Phase 3 release and was asked to rank my top 3 out of the 8 that is available.  I declined to purchase and told them I will wait for future phases.  There were no mention of additional incentives besides the broker co-op confirmed by USC (I didn't ask about the Trellis, even if it was included it would not be enough to get off the fence for me).  Here are the prices for phase 3:

Plan 1 at $789,400 (two at this price)
Plan 2 at $891,400 (one at this price due to ~$25K lot premium)
Plan 2 at $869,900 (one at this price)
Plan 3 at $933,400 (three at this price)
Plan 3 at $932,400 (one at this price)

and to compare here are the prices from phase 2, which I thought I posted but this thread is becoming to big to look for things:

Plan 1 at $788,700 (x2)
Plan 2 at $867,700 (x1)
Plan 2 at $868,700 (x1)
Plan 3 at $990,700 (lot premium)
Plan 3 at $965,700 (x1)
Plan 3 at $967,700 (x1)

So Plan 3's have dropped $30-35K from release.  Hopefully they will give the same adjustment to Plan 2's.  Don't think they will touch the Plan 1 pricing since it seems to sell out quick every phase.  So iPAC here's what you need to do to get me to buy:  price drop (I'm not greedy $30K will do), landscaping (c'mon that narrow strip of land you call a backyard is not going to cost that much, gotta have something nice to go with my free Trellis), cover my escrow costs with a nice chunk of closing credit and enough to buy down my loan to pre-Oct'11 rates since we will be closing well after, cover my HOA for a year (this should be easy, $1200 is not that much), include upgrades (no not tiles nor backsplashes, need something substantial, kitchen cabinets, flooring, appliances, etc.), and cover my property tax for a year (including MR).  Now I may be dreaming but I'm holding out strong till I achieve it.  Some of the lots I'm interested in now are towards the end of the phase releases so hopefully by then the well of buyers will run dry and I'll have some fun with this.

I recall that Las Palomas in PS offered 5 years of free HOA towards the end of their phases (I think it was for their last or second to last phase).  It was for a short time but I thought at the time that that was a really good incentive.

On the Las Ventanas front, I dropped by this weekend and it seems like they have sold a lot of houses recently.  I would imagine they only need to sell 1 or 2 more before they release another phase.

RE: Maricopa.
We were there on the weekend and only one Plan 1 left. There seems to be a lot of interested buyers... we overheard one man trying to hold a lot (not eavesdropping - he was loud!). We asked about incentives and there was none other than the broker co-op which we are not eligible for. :(

ps99472 said:
I haven't been down to Maricopa for awhile but last week was informed of Phase 3 release and was asked to rank my top 3 out of the 8 that is available.  I declined to purchase and told them I will wait for future phases.  There were no mention of additional incentives besides the broker co-op confirmed by USC (I didn't ask about the Trellis, even if it was included it would not be enough to get off the fence for me).  Here are the prices for phase 3:

Plan 1 at $789,400 (two at this price)
Plan 2 at $891,400 (one at this price due to ~$25K lot premium)
Plan 2 at $869,900 (one at this price)
Plan 3 at $933,400 (three at this price)
Plan 3 at $932,400 (one at this price)

and to compare here are the prices from phase 2, which I thought I posted but this thread is becoming to big to look for things:

Plan 1 at $788,700 (x2)
Plan 2 at $867,700 (x1)
Plan 2 at $868,700 (x1)
Plan 3 at $990,700 (lot premium)
Plan 3 at $965,700 (x1)
Plan 3 at $967,700 (x1)

So Plan 3's have dropped $30-35K from release.  Hopefully they will give the same adjustment to Plan 2's.  Don't think they will touch the Plan 1 pricing since it seems to sell out quick every phase.  So iPAC here's what you need to do to get me to buy:  price drop (I'm not greedy $30K will do), landscaping (c'mon that narrow strip of land you call a backyard is not going to cost that much, gotta have something nice to go with my free Trellis), cover my escrow costs with a nice chunk of closing credit and enough to buy down my loan to pre-Oct'11 rates since we will be closing well after, cover my HOA for a year (this should be easy, $1200 is not that much), include upgrades (no not tiles nor backsplashes, need something substantial, kitchen cabinets, flooring, appliances, etc.), and cover my property tax for a year (including MR).  Now I may be dreaming but I'm holding out strong till I achieve it.  Some of the lots I'm interested in now are towards the end of the phase releases so hopefully by then the well of buyers will run dry and I'll have some fun with this.

yellowplum said:
We were there on the weekend and only one Plan 1 left. There seems to be a lot of interested buyers... we overheard one man trying to hold a lot (not eavesdropping - he was loud!). We asked about incentives and there was none other than the broker co-op which we are not eligible for. :(

The sales agents are very eager to tell you how many interested buyers there are for the homes.  All I know is that Plan 1 is supposed to be the most popular model with over 50% of the qualified list wanting it.  Since only one Plan 1 sold, this leaves me to wonder where all the buyers are...

BTW, the unsold Plan 1 has one of the largest lots available and isn't really selling for a premium ($789k).  If anyone was wanting a larger lot, this would be a perfect lot for them.

woodburyowner said:
yellowplum said:

The sales agents are very eager to tell you how many interested buyers there are for the homes.  All I know is that Plan 1 is supposed to be the most popular model with over 50% of the qualified list wanting it.  Since only one Plan 1 sold, this leaves me to wonder where all the buyers are...

BTW, the unsold Plan 1 has one of the largest lots available and isn't really selling for a premium ($789k).  If anyone was wanting a larger lot, this would be a perfect lot for them.
Interested buyers do not equate to sales under contract.  I get a kick of how the sales people throw that around to try to make it seem like there's more demand for the project than there really is.  At the end of the day, I'll put more trust in those SOLD buttons (not that I fullest trust them either).

After reading the threads here, I no longer feel the urgency to compete with the cash buyers. I just wish Maricopa is priced a little lower (50k would do!). I believe someone else already said this about the SG products. We originally really wanted to go with Las Ventenas but just cannot justify paying the high melloroos.

Should I worry about the proximity to the landfill? I have a colleague who is adamant about SG being close to the landfill and would rather go to oak creek?!?

Back