Lambert Ranch in Irvine

Maricopa plan 2. Simply because it is further away from the landfill and the toll road. Health and peace of mind >>> floor plans

USCAlumni said:
Hi all,

I'm active buyer and have question.
What would you recommend between Lambert Ranch Field plan 1 vs Stonegate Maricopa plan 2?
Please advice.
Thank you.

jamboreedude said:
velbon said:
irvinehomeowner said:
velbon said:
Cortona is phase 11.
Not sure how many homes they have in each phase... but LR is in phase 5 in 2 months, LA is in phase 11 after 1 year... hmmm.

haha, good point. that just shows how eager people want to live closer to  a trash dump. Human nature. hehe.

Maybe people don't mind living next to a landfill because Lambert Ranch is cheaper and no mello-roos?

I still think Laguna Altura is in a better location and near the Spectrum.

shilldar - beep beep beep

I saw both Stonegate Maricopa 2 and The Field at Lambert Ranch today. I couldn't smell anything nor could I hear the traffic from the toll roads.. I might have to take a closer look at these.. been mostly looking at resales.. Stonegate gives a $20k commission to agents, anyone know what LR provides? There also doesn't seem to be any parks around these two communities. I guess the Great Park is suppose to enough. Another concern is traffic. I am not too familiar with Irvine and is only able to visit the area on weekends. Can anyone tell me what traffic is like on Jeffery, Sand Canyon, and Irvine Blvd during the week? 

During morning and evening rush hours, traffic on all three can be quite heavy. Keep in mind that, due to the building of the underpass, Sand Canyon will be closed for a period of time in July and August, and that the building will continue through 2014. With all of the new homes in north Irvine, the traffic will only get worse.

Can you define "quite heavy" ? how many minutes to get to the 5 on ramp from LR ? seems like the best route would be Portola to Jeffery to 5 instead of Sand Canyon to 5?

irvine2008 said:
During morning and evening rush hours, traffic on all three can be quite heavy. Keep in mind that, due to the building of the underpass, Sand Canyon will be closed for a period of time in July and August, and that the building will continue through 2014. With all of the new homes in north Irvine, the traffic will only get worse.

Crispy3 said:
Can you define "quite heavy" ? how many minutes to get to the 5 on ramp from LR ? seems like the best route would be Portola to Jeffery to 5 instead of Sand Canyon to 5?

irvine2008 said:

There are many more lights on Jeffery from Irvine Blvd to the 5 than Sand Canyon.  On Jeffery, lights at Bryan and at Trabuco can take forever.  I would rather take Sand Canyon than Jefferey to the 5.  At 9:00AM, it took me about 6 minutes to the 5 on ramp on Sand Canyon from Stonegate, so I would say maybe 10 mins to from LR.

lnc said:
SunCare said:
Talked to the sales lady over the phone yesterday.  The cheapest plan Field which were offered for around 860K in the last phase will now be over 900K due to demand. 
At least for the Field,  it is also due to better lot location for the new phase just about to be release.  The next Field phase consist of 5 homes with only one lane 1, two plan 2, and two plan3.  The  plan 1 is located on lot 47, which is on a pretty big corner lot.  This is part of reason why this plan 1 model priced so much higher than other plan 1 model in the previous phase.

I just got the Field's price sheet for phase 5.  The plan 1 is $889,800.  Although it is lot higher than $860k from last phase,  it is still under $900K.  For those of you are interested, the plan 2 starts at $932,800 and plan 3 starts at $983,800. 

10 min to 5 isn't as bad as I expected... Anyone know the traffic conditions going Northbound on 5 in the morning ? I would need to commute to Beverly Hills twice a week once I move to Irvine.
gaogi said:
Crispy3 said:

irvine2008 said:

There are many more lights on Jeffery from Irvine Blvd to the 5 than Sand Canyon.  On Jeffery, lights at Bryan and at Trabuco can take forever.  I would rather take Sand Canyon than Jefferey to the 5.  At 9:00AM, it took me about 6 minutes to the 5 on ramp on Sand Canyon from Stonegate, so I would say maybe 10 mins to from LR.

The 5n is slow from sand canyon to the 55N, then it opens up again until u get towards the 605

How about 405 N? Maybe I'll take that up all the way to La Cienaga..

qwerty said:
The 5n is slow from sand canyon to the 55N, then it opens up again until u get towards the 605

When I used to commute to Los Angeles on the 5 fwy, I used to leave after 9:00am and leave LA after 7pm. Returning between 4:30 and 5:30pm from LA usually took 1.5-2 hours instead of 1 hours.

There is always traffic on the 5 between 91 and 605 due to the narrowing of the freeway (5 lanes become 3 lanes) so we always (even on weekends) go around it. We go 5N, 91W, 605N and 5 N again.  This only increases the drive time by 5 minutes but if there is traffic between 91 and 605, it could hold you back for 30 minutes.

And you can always look at the google map traffic map for the time of day that you would be traveling. Just choose the traffic option and then click on the "change" link on the right side of "live traffic".

I was at "the grove" this weekend, and was looking at the built in fridge.  Did you guys notice that the workmanship is really bad?  The built in fridge with the white wood paneling is not flush with the cabinet, and there is half an inch of stainless steel exposed on both sides. 

I saw this in all of the model home kitchens where they had the wood paneled refrigerators. 

I didn't have a camera or I would have taken a pic of it. 

If you go there, you will see what I mean.

Finally got a chance to look at the Field (LR) over the weekend. 

Pros: Liked the
1) entrance to the community
2) paved main street
3) arches and knobbed corners
4) secondary rooms were a good size
5) nice to have real driveways
6) NO MELLO ROOS :)

Cons:
1) pool was small relative to the size of the community
2) no tennis courts
3) no basket ball courts
4) high HOA - for a tiny pool and guard gate (don't really need to guard gate even if it looks nice)
5) not enough cul-de-sacs (for kids to play safely)
6) most lots don't have any views and homes are still pretty close together so you have a nice view of your neighbors from most windows
7) many lots had tiny backyards (kinda like Las Ventanas at PS)

SunCare said:
Finally got a chance to look at the Field (LR) over the weekend. 

Did you look only at The Field? Why didn't you go over on to the other communities, The Grove and The Hill?

in case anyone was interested in the price increase on this last phase... The price sheet was a range on the day of lot sign up and people were called to be given the exact price. I don't like how they did it this time. i think they are testing to see how much they can increase the lot prices considering this phase was lining Portola. My guess is that if they didn't have a lot of people signing up, the price would end up on the lower end and vice versa if they had lots of people show up. I felt that a $20k range was huge! If the prices ended up on the lower end, it was still a $10k increase from the previous phase for a crappier location.

Phase 6
lot 7 $926,800-941,800
Lot 6 $885,800-900,800
lot 5 $1,005,800-1,020,800
Lot 4 $901,800-916,800

Jenita143 said:
in case anyone was interested in the price increase on this last phase... The price sheet was a range on the day of lot sign up and people were called to be given the exact price. I don't like how they did it this time. i think they are testing to see how much they can increase the lot prices considering this phase was lining Portola. My guess is that if they didn't have a lot of people signing up, the price would end up on the lower end and vice versa if they had lots of people show up. I felt that a $20k range was huge! If the prices ended up on the lower end, it was still a $10k increase from the previous phase for a crappier location.

Phase 6
lot 7 $926,800-941,800
Lot 6 $885,800-900,800
lot 5 $1,005,800-1,020,800
Lot 4 $901,800-916,800

The Grove also had price ranges, and none of those homes line Portola. From what I hear, the final prices for the Grove offerings ended up near the bottom of the range, but I don't know for a fact.

Back