Lambert Ranch in Irvine

are you referring to this?  my google skills are slow today

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gods_Must_Be_Crazy 

zubs said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4zufs6XZVg[/youtube]

interesting..have to watch it.  i was in my moms belly on my way to africa when that coke bottle landed

rkp said:
there was a floorplan in VoC that had a super cool basement.  are basements new?  no but they were one of few builders to show it....
How come more builders don't do a basement?  Is it a code issue?  Too expensive?  No demand?  Earthquake reasons?  It obviously can be done since you mention a builder did it at VoC.  I would love a basement.  Would be great as a man cave or play room or dedicated home theater, and perfect location for a wine cellar. 

OCgasman said:
rkp said:
there was a floorplan in VoC that had a super cool basement.  are basements new?  no but they were one of few builders to show it....
How come more builders don't do a basement?  Is it a code issue?  Too expensive?  No demand?  Earthquake reasons?  It obviously can be done since you mention a builder did it at VoC.  I would love a basement.  Would be great as a man cave or play room or dedicated home theater, and perfect location for a wine cellar. 

I think it has something to do with the water table being too shallow in SoCal but I am talking out of my butt with this one...

irvinehomeshopper said:
do you remember the commercial?

Something that is too common in civilization but to the primitive it is perceived as godsend.

I recall some bad 'B' movie I watched late one night had a good line:

"One civilizations technology is another civilizations magic"

Basements cost money and due to todays unskilled labor the builders could not get it right without leaking or mold. Forensic attorneys will always solicit homeowners to join class action lawsuit to go after builders with this type of solution.

The VoC wasn't a true basement... it was a plan you see in other areas where the entrance to the house is raised so you actually come in on the second level.

I think it's called split-level.

Finally saw one of the model tracts at Lambert Ranch... the smallest one... The Field.

Very crowded... I like the Plan 2 but prefer the master bath of Plan 1. It's not that different from TIC products if you ask me... they just have some added features/touches (like for example, the secondary baths are just a square drop in but actually have "armrests").

The kitchens are nice and the huge island/eating bar is a nice touch since only Plan 3 has a formal dining.

The master bedrooms seem small to me.

We didn't even attempt to look at the Grove or the Hill... and after seeing The Field, regardless of being 2700+sft... I still think those plans are overpriced.

irvinehomeowner said:
Finally saw one of the model tracts at Lambert Ranch... the smallest one... The Field.

Very crowded... I like the Plan 2 but prefer the master bath of Plan 1. It's not that different from TIC products if you ask me... they just have some added features/touches (like for example, the secondary baths are just a square drop in but actually have "armrests").

TIC/Irvine Pac pretty much has a single home. You walk in, bedroom to your side, stairs to your side, great room and kitchen ahead. Upstairs, master bedroom and two bedrooms that share a bathroom. Repeat basic plan as needed for all your models, enlarging or decreasing room size to make the overall home bigger or smaller.

I certainly wouldn't say that these homes at LR aren't that different from TIC. Every house in The Field is significantly different in layout from the other homes in The Field, and The Field, The Hill, and The Grove are all significantly different from each other. It's a shame that you didn't go see the Hill or the Grove, but except for the fact that they're all homes, there's very little similarity to what's currently being offered by Irvine Pacific. Irvine Pac homes may suit certain people, and that's fine, whatever works. But they're not similar to LR.

Maybe I looked at the wrong models but every floorplan in the Field was basically the same. Walk in, bedroom/bath in the front... proceed to the back with great room kitchen with big island, mud room/home management with pantry from garage. Go upstairs... master on one side, 2 bedrooms on the other either separated by a loft/bonus or the stairs area.

The difference is not significant to me... in fact, Plan 1 and Plan 3 downstairs is almost identical except a formal dining in place of the loggia.

Don't get me wrong... they were nice... but not a radical improvement over TIC products.

I like they all had pantries and upstairs laundry... but do wish they did the separate shower in all models (the plan 2 has that tub+shower combo). Plan 3's master bath was nice with the workout room and the huge closet but the shower was small.

You have it correct, IHO.  The Field is by far the most similar to TIC.  In fact, if you're familiar with the Carmel homes from Woodbury, you'll recognize the family resemblance.  Not surprising since TNHC was the builder for Carmel.  It's the Hill and the Grove which stand out with their floor plans.  Too bad you didn't get a chance to tour those models.  How crowded was it?

OCgasman said:
You have it correct, IHO.  The Field is by far the most similar to TIC.  In fact, if you're familiar with the Carmel homes from Woodbury, you'll recognize the family resemblance.  Not surprising since TNHC was the builder for Carmel.
Yes... that makes sense... recycling is so vogue.
It's the Hill and the Grove which stand out with their floor plans.  Too bad you didn't get a chance to tour those models.  How crowded was it?
It was pretty busy... I'm used to the new homes sales office parking having spots but you had to park on the street.

I didn't want to waste our time looking at homes that were way out of our price range... even The Field is probably over our limit but I wanted to see what the hubbub was about and it was Father's Day. I'll probably take a look at them myself on a lunch break since Mrs. IHO says it depresses her.

Having been up that way in a while and it really is in the boonies... took me forever to get from Heritage Plaza (Culver/Walnut) to Lamber Ranch. I think it's funny that LR is smack in the middle of Portola Springs... probably irritates TIC a little too. And it just me or does the community pool look really small?

It's a ways out there.  Location is not ideal, but I don't wanna beat that dead horse.  If you take the 5 to work, not that bad, but if you need the 405, then adds some time to your commute.  I hope the planned Portola Shopping Center gets built soon.  It would be nice to have a supermarket, gas station, pharmacy, In-N-Out, Costco, Rubios, Sam Woo, optometry, Fukada, 24 hr Fitness (sport), Supercuts, Curry House, Trader Joes close by...that's all I can come up with right now. 

The pool is smallish.  Depends on how many ppl use it, which I'm guessing would be a lot cuz of all the families moving there.  I guess the multi pool layout like Woodbury's common area would have been too much to ask for. Maybe the gate will keep out all the non-residents that crash the pools in the other neighborhoods.

Talked to the sales lady over the phone yesterday.  The cheapest plan Field which were offered for around 860K in the last phase will now be over 900K due to demand. 

SunCare said:
Talked to the sales lady over the phone yesterday.  The cheapest plan Field which were offered for around 860K in the last phase will now be over 900K due to demand. 
At least for the Field,  it is also due to better lot location for the new phase just about to be release.  The next Field phase consist of 5 homes with only one lane 1, two plan 2, and two plan3.  The  plan 1 is located on lot 47, which is on a pretty big corner lot.  This is part of reason why this plan 1 model priced so much higher than other plan 1 model in the previous phase.

the lot size is the same as the phase 4 plan 1. the only difference is not having a neighbor next to you. The corner isn't part of lot 47. it's a random grass patch for the community.

Some lots include front yard landscaping which may explain the up and down pricing.  I'm guessing the lots that face Lambert Ranch Rd. have landscaping done (charged) under the developer's control so a buyer doesn't screw up the look the look of the hood with ceramic tiled steps or by leaving the front as dirt for a year.  The homes lining the gate to the clubhouse will probably have front landscaping on par with the models.

OCgasman said:
It's a ways out there.  Location is not ideal, but I don't wanna beat that dead horse.  If you take the 5 to work, not that bad, but if you need the 405, then adds some time to your commute.  I hope the planned Portola Shopping Center gets built soon.  It would be nice to have a supermarket, gas station, pharmacy, In-N-Out, Costco, Rubios, Sam Woo, optometry, Fukada, 24 hr Fitness (sport), Supercuts, Curry House, Trader Joes close by...that's all I can come up with right now. 

Based on demographics I've seen in the area, I would expect non-anchor tenants such as Super Irvine, and Indian and kabob restaurants, followed by Asian restaurants.  Anchor would be Wholesome Choice.

Back