Lambert Ranch in Irvine

Over the weekend, I went hiking in Round Canyon which is about a mile north of the Portola Staging Area.

The hike is an out-and-back. Towards the end the path follows the rim of the landfill crater and culminates directly at a landfill gate. (I wonder if that's why they call it "round canyon". Laugh. Snort.)

It obviously made me think of our discussions here on TI about "Landfill Ranch". It's a good thing Lambert Ranch is on the other side of the toll road. Hearing the bulldozers is one thing. Hearing the gun shots ring out is another. You see, they get so many birds swarming the garbage that the workers need to fire off blanks to scare them away as they work. Can you imagine having to explain to company what those gunshots are??

SHIT, they increased the price again, start from $928K.

Jenita143 said:
in case anyone was interested in the price increase on this last phase... The price sheet was a range on the day of lot sign up and people were called to be given the exact price. I don't like how they did it this time. i think they are testing to see how much they can increase the lot prices considering this phase was lining Portola. My guess is that if they didn't have a lot of people signing up, the price would end up on the lower end and vice versa if they had lots of people show up. I felt that a $20k range was huge! If the prices ended up on the lower end, it was still a $10k increase from the previous phase for a crappier location.

Phase 6
lot 7 $926,800-941,800
Lot 6 $885,800-900,800
lot 5 $1,005,800-1,020,800
Lot 4 $901,800-916,800

Cklein said:

Jenita143 said:
in case anyone was interested in the price increase on this last phase... The price sheet was a range on the day of lot sign up and people were called to be given the exact price. I don't like how they did it this time. i think they are testing to see how much they can increase the lot prices considering this phase was lining Portola. My guess is that if they didn't have a lot of people signing up, the price would end up on the lower end and vice versa if they had lots of people show up. I felt that a $20k range was huge! If the prices ended up on the lower end, it was still a $10k increase from the previous phase for a crappier location.

Phase 6
lot 7 $926,800-941,800
Lot 6 $885,800-900,800
Lot 4 $901,800-916,800

What?!?!? A home builder trying to squeeze the most $$$ out of buyers? How dare they? Only IP is allowed such nonsense.

Who has bought in Lambert Ranch? How expensive are their builder options/upgrades?

I was checking last weekend.

Start from $928k, typical upgrades of past customers are $120k - $150k.

So the field is over $1m already.

thedude111222 said:
Cklein said:

Jenita143 said:

Phase 6
lot 7 $926,800-941,800
Lot 6 $885,800-900,800
Lot 4 $901,800-916,800

What?!?!? A home builder trying to squeeze the most $$$ out of buyers? How dare they? Only IP is allowed such nonsense.

Who has bought in Lambert Ranch? How expensive are their builder options/upgrades?

Lambert1.jpg

That's probably w/ landscaping right?

Curious which upgrades are worth going through the design studio vs via a 3rd party contractor?

Was able to view a home in construction which had the bare-bone standard and it's very bland and white. Going standard kind of feels like buying a 100K car and just putting in cloth seats ???

Cklein said:
I was checking last weekend.

Start from $928k, typical upgrades of past customers are $120k - $150k.

So the field is over $1m already.

thedude111222 said:

Awesome photos, Lambert Flyer. Thanks for sharing.

Am I right to guess that's the landfill in the second photo?

(Neat that I can see my house in photos 1 and 3 across from Lambert. Finally just closed escrow on my sale today after 11+ months of trying.)

http://hm-2.com/what-creates-brand-perception-a-study-of-lambert-ranch/#

These observations are right on. I was expecting just another Irvine development, and was so pleasantly surprised to find something very unlike what The Irvine Company offers. I love the comment about the "trap-fencing" sales office. I hate how at almost all new home developments you're required to pass through the sales office, and almost just as often, fill out an information card. Those are 2 things that clearly aren't required at Lambert.

NYT said:
http://hm-2.com/what-creates-brand-perception-a-study-of-lambert-ranch/#

These observations are right on. I was expecting just another Irvine development, and was so pleasantly surprised to find something very unlike what The Irvine Company offers. I love the comment about the "trap-fencing" sales office. I hate how at almost all new home developments you're required to pass through the sales office, and almost just as often, fill out an information card. Those are 2 things that clearly aren't required at Lambert.

After reading the article, I was surprised the author didn't give more credit to social media/online forums. She used a Google search engine and found only meager results. I did the same and she is right--a lot of the articles for Lambert Ranch, especially for Talk Irvine are very outdated. Maybe Zovall can better optimize the forums for search engines to better reflect our current threads.

The latest email from TNHC:

With the continued success of Lambert Ranch, we are pleased to announce our Phase Nine Sales Release. As a member of the Lambert Ranch Priority List, we would like to invite you to our sales gallery and sign up for your 1st and 2nd choice lot location in our new release.

THE FIELD:
LOT 33 plan 3C
LOT 34 plan 2C
LOT 21 plan 3B
LOT 20 plan 1AR

THE HILL:
LOT 160 plan 3AR
LOT 161 plan 1AR
LOT 162 plan 2BR

Lot sign ups will commence on Saturday, December 1st from 10:00 am through 5:00 pm and Sunday, December 2nd from 10:00 am through 4:00 pm.
During these hours feel free to stop by our sales gallery, pick up pricing for this new phase, and place your name on a homesite. Late Sunday we will add your Priority Time Stamp to your lot sign up and determine who will be first to be offered each lot. Monday we will start to call by lot priority, if the first person passes then we will go to the next lot sign up.
Thank you for your continued interest and support of Lambert Ranch. We look forward to seeing you.

Anyone planning on attending?
-IR2

Is there a negotiation process? If you are interested, and write a check right there, will they keep calling to see who can pay more?

Or if nobody is willing to pay the price they asked, what's gonna happen? They change the price, and start from the beginning of the list again?

Cklein said:
Is there a negotiation process? If you are interested, and write a check right there, will they keep calling to see who can pay more?

Or if nobody is willing to pay the price they asked, what's gonna happen? They change the price, and start from the beginning of the list again?

No negotiation. If you write a check for the deposit, they don't go fishing for more money from someone else. The price is the price. Someone, eventually, will pay the asked price. Whether they sell out the first weekend, or if they have to delay the next phase release, they're not going to lower the price. Builders will never depreciate their own houses. If they become desperate, I can imagine some incentives if it comes to that, but I wouldn't count on it, not in this market.

NYT said:
Cklein said:

No negotiation. If you write a check for the deposit, they don't go fishing for more money from someone else. The price is the price. Someone, eventually, will pay the asked price. Whether they sell out the first weekend, or if they have to delay the next phase release, they're not going to lower the price. Builders will never depreciate their own houses. If they become desperate, I can imagine some incentives if it comes to that, but I wouldn't count on it, not in this market.

NYT is right. Given the current market conditions, there is no room for negotiation on price.

Even during a down market, builders loathe dropping prices. The usual sequence of events if homes don't sell in a down market**:
1) Design credits
2) Broker Coop fees
3) Free Upgrades
4) Even more free upgrades/credits/in house lender credits/will pay your taxes/hoa fees for 1 year etc...
5) Lastly price drop (but they probably will also downgrade the base amenities for homes)

**If you are a monopoly like TIC you can just stop building--look at Orchard Hills as an example.

Cklein said:

To give more color, only folks that are the priority list (ie: already pre-qualified with their lender) can sign-up for a lot. In the case that they have multiple interest in a lot (as there maybe), the person who is earlier in the priority list wins, they don't go into any bidding war.

The list price is the list price of course that doesn't include any upgrades/landscaping you decide to do.

Seems a popular timing as looks like IP is also releasing new phases too, got emails about Saratoga. Wonder if the builders all try to time it the same. Hmmmm....

Unfortunately, with such low inventory there are no incentives going on and each release looks to be a 1% ($10K) increase each time. Field list price will go over $1M near the final releases.

Weird no Grove releases though.

Crap, this means if you are not on the priority list now, even you get on soon, you won't be able to bid on some hot lots. As it will be taken away by earlier buyers.

PenguinOrange said:
Cklein said:

To give more color, only folks that are the priority list (ie: already pre-qualified with their lender) can sign-up for a lot. In the case that they have multiple interest in a lot (as there maybe), the person who is earlier in the priority list wins, they don't go into any bidding war.

The list price is the list price of course that doesn't include any upgrades/landscaping you decide to do.

Seems a popular timing as looks like IP is also releasing new phases too, got emails about Saratoga. Wonder if the builders all try to time it the same. Hmmmm....

Unfortunately, with such low inventory there are no incentives going on and each release looks to be a 1% ($10K) increase each time. Field list price will go over $1M near the final releases.

Weird no Grove releases though.

what i did with IP was i wasnt on any priority list so i put my deposit for lot A which i didnt want... but i told them specifically i was signing lot A just because i wanted lot B... then because i already put a deposit for A, i was "pseudo-priority"... so after they launched a phase, and no body wanted lot B, they called me that evening and i said yes switch... thats how i got my lot B... not sure if this will work with LR though but maybe ask the sales and see what they have to say... oh and i wasnt pre-qualified either... that came like 2-3 weeks after i signed the purchase agreement since i had to do a special loan...

Back