Lambert Ranch in Irvine

The key thing is: nobody want lot B. right now, it is unlikely

world chaos said:
what i did with IP was i wasnt on any priority list so i put my deposit for lot A which i didnt want... but i told them specifically i was signing lot A just because i wanted lot B... then because i already put a deposit for A, i was "pseudo-priority"... so after they launched a phase, and no body wanted lot B, they called me that evening and i said yes switch... thats how i got my lot B... not sure if this will work with LR though but maybe ask the sales and see what they have to say... oh and i wasnt pre-qualified either... that came like 2-3 weeks after i signed the purchase agreement since i had to do a special loan...

no doubt... it was a risk i was willing to take since if someone took the lot B then lot A was still my "backup" that i could still live with

hmm... i dunno... if u like a specific floorplan only, then have u thought about contacting the owners/buyers directly for the homes that are already built?  or maybe if all else fails maybe u can just escalate the issue with sales to get in contact with a VIP/director of TNHC... a little red envelope money might be able to put u on the employee/friends list...  ???

Red envelope, ah? Are you a Chinese? Where did you buy?

I am debating between Mendocino and Lambert Ranch. Lambert Ranch gives me a feeling of luxury and status, especially 2X plans in the field. But the location sucks! Mendocino makes me just another Joe, but sometimes it feels good to just lay low. :) Especially the old saying "Location, Location, Location" may still apply here?

My favorite place is Quail Hill, but it's purely by luck right now, no decent listing at all. The only thing on the market is a no-view home for over $1M.

world chaos said:
no doubt... it was a risk i was willing to take since if someone took the lot B then lot A was still my "backup" that i could still live with

hmm... i dunno... if u like a specific floorplan only, then have u thought about contacting the owners/buyers directly for the homes that are already built?  or maybe if all else fails maybe u can just escalate the issue with sales to get in contact with a VIP/director of TNHC... a little red envelope money might be able to put u on the employee/friends list...  ???

yeah haha... im taiwanese... my favorite place is also quail hill... but the homes within my budget have horrendous floorplans so i with with laguna altura instead... i didnt look at LR at all cause its beyond my budget at 1m+ a pop

Man, I like LA too except the noise and the lack of shopping center in walking distance.

world chaos said:
yeah haha... im taiwanese... my favorite place is also quail hill... but the homes within my budget have horrendous floorplans so i with with laguna altura instead... i didnt look at LR at all cause its beyond my budget at 1m+ a pop

well if ur budget is 1m+, and ur not in a rush, u can also wait until LA gets built cause once LA is done there is a chunk of land south of LA on lake forest drive thats zoned low density (LA is actually zoned medium density so this new place is probably gonna have a bigger premium than LA though)... u can drive by and check it out if u can... the residential zone is about half of LA if i remember correctly... oh i think they have some parts of the roads for that area outlined already if i remember correctly... it will also be be a gated community at least according to the sales ppl i asked... dunno... besides this "future LA" which is like kind of similar to orchard hills like far out into the future, if ur adamant about new, theres not much options out there...

Cklein, sorry I didn't feel like reading all of your old posts, but is there a reason you don't like San Marino in Woodbury?  Based on the IP website they still might have a couple plan 1s and 2s available...and it would be shocking if you needed to be on a waitlist for those.  Seems to have everything you're looking for...ie decent size, similar floorplans as toscana, short walk to the Woodbury Town Center, fairly central location considering its on the north side of irvine.  Also, Woodbury has more amenities than any other community in Irvine outside of Woodbridge, and it would be nice to move into a community that was already completely built out.  The downside of Woodbury that people will ever bring up is that it is zoned to IHS, but considering you're a bachelor, that should hardly matter. 

thedude111222 said:
Cklein, sorry I didn't feel like reading all of your old posts, but is there a reason you don't like San Marino in Woodbury?  Based on the IP website they still might have a couple plan 1s and 2s available...and it would be shocking if you needed to be on a waitlist for those.  Seems to have everything you're looking for...ie decent size, similar floorplans as toscana, short walk to the Woodbury Town Center, fairly central location considering its on the north side of irvine.  Also, Woodbury has more amenities than any other community in Irvine outside of Woodbridge, and it would be nice to move into a community that was already completely built out.  The downside of Woodbury that people will ever bring up is that it is zoned to IHS, but considering you're a bachelor, that should hardly matter.

yeah... if amenities are important to u, then id go with WB since it has the best population:"whatever amenity u want (pool/park/etc)" ratio zoned medium density... its probably going to be the last tier one showcase village... all other villages zoned medium that were built after woodbury (SG, LA, PS) seem to me like tier two villages with much lower population:amenities ratio... its either this or wait for a future low density zone (orchard hills, south LA, southeast of great park), but those are automatically 1m+ so i never bothered to look into them beyond knowing of their existence

Here is the redfin listing for a San Marino property...http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/21-Mapleton-92620/unit-44/home/40540223

of course if you went with something like that, you wouldn't get the whole new home buying experience as many of the upgrades are already selected so that they could continue with their construction schedule...but depending on who you choose to believe on these board, not dealing with the IP sales office might not be an entirely bad thing... to me it seems like a decent compromise...sure its about the same price as LR and you still have to pay melo roos, but you're also saving $200 a month in HOA fees and getting more bang for those HOA dollars so there is give and take

oh also is there a particular reason u have to be in irvine? if not theres crystal cove in laguna beach i think they are building but those are custom homes if i remember correctly... lol 2-3m+ minimum probably =_=;;

lol crystal cove is near a landfill? hahaha nice!! but honestly tell u the truth... i dont think anybody will care in 10-20 years time... my broker told me a big section of turtle ridge/newport used to be landfill too n doesnt seem like ppl care... ppl are still buying lol... so until those rich folks start dying off in droves, i really dont buy into that whole thing... or maybe they just have better healthcare plans lol

Cklein said:
Crap, this means if you are not on the priority list now, even you get on soon, you won't be able to bid on some hot lots. As it will be taken away by earlier buyers.

I'm confused about this pre-sale, priority list. We are waiting for a particular phase in Portola Springs to open up in Feb-March and so we are waiting to get pre-qualified closer to that date.  Does this mean that if we want first choice at the best location lots we have to get pre qualified earlier, before the phase even opens and pass tips to the sales reps over there? This seems ridiculously competitive.

bella - before i was put on the priority list for lambert ranch i had to prequal through their inhouse lender, wells fargo.  at the time they would not let us get on the priority list if we were not prequalified. 

Believe it or not, San Marino is all sold out, include model homes.

thedude111222 said:

Cklein said:
Believe it or not, San Marino is all sold out, include model homes.

thedude111222 said:

They sure are  :D

Back