Lambert Ranch in Irvine

If they start at $875k... they're going to be Laguna Altura 2.0.

They have the boonie location of Portola Springs... even if they are bigger... how is Las Colinas doing?

In this climate... you've got to beat TIC on price... not just "no motorcourt".

Arman said:
The New Home Company has updated their Lambert Ranch info on their website:
http://thenewhomecompany.com/neighborhood/lambert-ranch-irvine

Still no floor plans, unfortunately.

Looks like they've made a mistake on the square footage descriptions on the website, swapping the SF totals from "The Grove" and "The Hill". 

From the descriptions I see, "The Grove" would be the estate lots at over 4,000SF.  "The Hill" would be the somewhat smaller homes and "The Field" homes being the smallest (indicated correctly on the web site).

Here's the reply that I got from Jeff Golden:

"The company is hoping to open Lambert Ranch by the first Saturday in May, 5.5.2012.  They have not released floor plans publically yet, but I believe the have a date on the marketing timeline and will send them to all who are registered.  My associate Robert Taylor is working with our sales and marketing team on the timeline, and I will ask him and let you know what I find out. 

I am hearing that there are a lot of people registering, so when you have a moment, go to www.thenewhomecompany.com  and register your clients.  You will be able to put their names in and at the end add yourself as their broker.  You will also want to register yourself so that you can get the updates as the opening gets closer."

iman said:
"The Grove" would be the estate lots at over 4,000SF.
You know you're in Irvine when "estate lots" are described as being over 4000sft.

So the motorcourt detached homes are on 1/2 estate lots?

I think they refer the largest floor plans as "villas", where you can have dual residences on the same lot. Some of these will have views, hence the Hill. So the website is correct.

The Grove are the smaller ones, or referred to as "estates".

And then there are the smallest floor plans, referred as "cottages".

So you have Villas > Estates > Cottages, or The Hill > The Grove > The Field accordingly.

Stole from annabanana from the first page:
The Homes
? Planned for 169 single?family homes ? 65 Cottages, 46 Villas, 58 Estates
? Lots expected to range from 4,250 to 6,900 square feet
? Homes expected to range from 2,850 to 4,350 square feet
? 29 Villas will be constructed on ?Lambert Hill,? an area of the property terraced up to 120 feet
above flat portions of the site. These homes will create an elite collection of homes with views
of the Ocean and Catalina Island, Irvine Valley, Saddleback Mountains.

iman said:
Arman said:
The New Home Company has updated their Lambert Ranch info on their website:
http://thenewhomecompany.com/neighborhood/lambert-ranch-irvine

Still no floor plans, unfortunately.

Looks like they've made a mistake on the square footage descriptions on the website, swapping the SF totals from "The Grove" and "The Hill". 

From the descriptions I see, "The Grove" would be the estate lots at over 4,000SF.  "The Hill" would be the somewhat smaller homes and "The Field" homes being the smallest (indicated correctly on the web site).

120' will get 3 tiers of homes with view. The first 30' is the height of the first tier homes with no view. The remaining 90' is divided into a (3) 30' overview.

irvinehomeshopper said:
120' will get 3 tiers of homes with view. The first 30' is the height of the first tier homes with no view. The remaining 90' is divided into a (3) 30' overview.

Isnt great having IHS on TI? Always dropping useful knowledge.

IHS - i am making you an honorary mexican for your knowledge sharing. Sharing useful knowledge for free is an indicator of friendliness, probably someone who would say "hi" back or smile when encountered on a dog walk. It doesnt hurt that your from East Los.

Mexicans are my homeboys from my Barrios. One of these days I should take you to the best hole in the wall restaurants in East Los Angeles and Boyles Heights. Try to remember this my amigo, without drawing nutrients from your root new growth will not sustain itself.  If you want to be a strong tree take care of your roots. You will be surprised that the sharpest weapon or person is not found in Irvine.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Mexicans are my homeboys from my Barrios. One of these days I should take you to the best hole in the wall restaurants in East Los Angeles and Boyles Heights. Try to remember this my amigo, without drawing nutrients from your root new growth will not sustain itself.  If you want to be a strong tree take care of your roots. You will be surprised that the sharpest weapon or person is not found in Irvine.

Im always up for some good mexican. Just let me know. Irvine doesnt have restaurants that measure up to mom's home cooking.

qwerty said:
Im always up for some good mexican. Just let me know. Irvine doesnt have restaurants that measure up to mom's home cooking.

qwerty - any recommendations nearby Irvine? We venture out to a couple of places in Costa Mesa that are good but nothing that has become must visit.

Qwerty, Do you know what Panda's favorite ethnic food is after Korean... That's right.. It is Mexican... I LOVE MEXICAN FOOD!!! :)

I also grew up with my homeboys from my Barrios when I was in elementary school: My 3 best friends in 6th grade were: Armando, Guillermo, and Fernando.

qwerty said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

LAtoOC said:
qwerty said:

qwerty - any recommendations nearby Irvine? We venture out to a couple of places in Costa Mesa that are good but nothing that has become must visit.

im not too familiar with the mexican restaurants in OC. We have tried a couple of places, but like you said nothing that is really good that makes you want to go back. Supermex in the Culver/Walnut shopping center has a pretty good shredded beef burrito. Their red enchilada sauce is really good.  Not a big fan of their carne asada though.  When i get takeout from their i get a shredded beef burrito with rice and beans in it, get it wet, then i buy a 32oz container of red sauce and flood the silver dish/container that it comes in.  Carne Asada is not very good at most places. The meat needs to be chopped up into very small squares ala King Taco, otherwise the larger the chunk the chewier the meat gets.  Getting the right marinade on the meat is also crucial. One of my favorites is La Taquiza on Figueroa in LA down the street from USC.

I love Mexican food, but I have to admit I'm a sellout, I like Mexican food at places like Javier's on PCH. Although there is a place on Harbor in Westminster that is okay.

Back