Lambert Ranch in Irvine

Thanks irvineresident--I will make your link into an inline image so it is easier for other TI members to see it.

Screen-shot-2011-05-05-at-1.33.18-PM.png

Lots on J, K, G streets look like view lots with decent size but I am sure those are the ones close to the $2M price.

So it looks like the main entrance is guard gated and the ?secondary entrance appears to have only automatic gates. There is one main pool/spa with club house and one tot lot. Many of the lots look pretty small  considering homes will all start near 3000sqft.

I am not sure if that area near the top of the map is an access point to the hiking trails or some other future open space/park.

It also interesting to see that the original Lambert home will still stay in place within the middle of this brand new subdivision.

iacrenter said:
Lots on J, K, G streets look like view lots with decent size but I am sure those are the ones close to the $2M price.

Those are also the closest homes to Toll Road 241.

lcms2002 said:
iacrenter said:

Those are also the closest homes to Toll Road 241.

What a terrible location.  Those buying the premium lots are getting ripped.  You'll be hearing/seeing the 241 24/7.

iacrenter said:
I am not sure if that area near the top of the map is an access point to the hiking trails or some other future open space/park.

If you are referring to the small tan shaded area north of G street, that could be the new permanent location for the cell towers (terrible location!) as its a bit north of the current cell towers. I could be absolutely wrong though. Below is an excerpt from Annabanana's post on previous page regarding the cell towers.

"Existing cell towers will be relocated and housed in a barn and water tower structure consistent with the neighborhood design theme. Three temporary cell?on?wheels devices (similar to a small U?Haul trailer) will provide interim cell service for approximately 180 days during construction of the permanent facilities. The cell?on?wheels will be placed on a newly graded slope close to the existing cell towers while the permanent pad is developed further north of the current site."

Definitely a horrible location for "premium" lots.  "G" street does seem to face the new cell site, which based on google maps isn't just a singular "tower" or palm tree, but a darn forrest of cell towers (see attached jpg).  There's seems to be three major cell site operators here.  Good news, you'll have good reception.

Attachments

• Lambert Cell Site.jpg
    407.6 KB · Views: 682
Any information about what the LR homesite will be used for? Perhaps a community center? Very nice to see it retained.

Since that dirt wasn't organically farmed, wonder what is in the ground at LR? I'm sure it's no biggie, but depending on soil chemistry there needs to be some steps taken to ensure that the concrete pads don't break apart in a few years. Brighton Homes in Yorba Linda and RSM both had slab issues in their developments - unrelated to the ground underneath - but still something that needs to be considered when you buy a home built on prior use land.

My .02c

SGIP

The cell farm has been razed.  They have some temporary cell towers there now.  I'm wondering if it will be rebuilt at the same spot after all the grading is complete or what the plans are.

annabanana said:
The cell farm has been razed.  They have some temporary cell towers there now.  I'm wondering if it will be rebuilt at the same spot after all the grading is complete or what the plans are.

With the Dow trending lower to 4 digits, will there be any one left who want to buy Lambert Ranch?

akula1488 said:
annabanana said:

With the Dow trending lower to 4 digits, will there be any one left who want to buy Lambert Ranch?

One can hope not, no sales means lower prices mean maybe I can grab some at a good price!  Remember, the nation's loss can be your gain!

I drove by PS recently and saw they have signs up telling people to sign up for the interest list. They are also constructing the main entrance guard gate building and roadway. I haven't looked much past the gates yet, anyone see model home lots being graded yet? This development is supposed to start selling in "early" 2012.

Here is more information about their amenities:

They will have two parks: one tot lot and one community club house with pools, tables, bbq, and Bocce Ball court (I guess they are copying a trend started by KB's Whistler Ridge in Lake Forrest).

30w4ktx.jpg

23rssr4.jpg

1196mxk.jpg

14vpag3.jpg

Guard House:

25quet3.jpg

One more interesting tidbit--it looks like they made changes to their original master plan. They initially included alley style garages (think Woodbury Stonetree Manor homes) but changed it to the more traditional layout. Maybe they read TI and realize the great demand for traditional layouts in Irvine for single family homes. It also didn't hurt that sales at Taylor Morrison's Las Ventanas were relatively strong next door.

Map of their old vs new site plans:

2mzgnl1.jpg

Hmm... the Estate floorplan has a tandem 3-car garage and a formal dining room... interesting.

Great find on the alley vs. driveway change... motorcourts are NOT the hawt.

woodburyowner said:
LAtoOC said:
Prices starting in the low 800s? 900s?

Seeing how Maricopa is low 800s for a 22xx sqft SFR, I would guess these homes would start at mid 900s.
Starting at 2700sft... you're probably close.. but I think they could go lower if they look at Las Ventanas pricing and want to beat out TIC for being farther away from amenities... maybe $850k to start?

Back