Lakers News

I just dont understand...  who is going to be their starting 5???

PG: DRussel
SG: Kobe
SF:  who??? / Nick Young
PF: Randle
C: Jordan Hill??  i thought they are NOT going to pick up his option.

How is Jordan Clarkson going to develop?

even if they somehow get LaMarcus Aldridge, he is a PF...  who will be their starting center and backup center???

Hmm... Lakers can get a decent small forward at 27... or even a big.

Twitterverse says they went with the best player (Russell) and they didn't go big because there a some quality FA bigs out there that are proven that they can go after.

Kobe drops to SF, he's not fast enough any more to guard SGs... Clarkson can move to SG.

C is still a question but I think they are going to go FA with that or maybe draft. You just need a serviceable body for 5... or they could go small ball like GSW. :)

So I was right, just the wrong order, they went big with #27 and then SF with #34.

Decent picks, but let's see what kind of deals ensue.

irvinehomeowner said:
So I was right, just the wrong order, they went big with #27 and then SF with #34.

Decent picks, but let's see what kind of deals ensue.

It's going to come down to FA. We need one of the bigs.

Kobe is irrelevant. He is more negative to the Lakers basketball wise. he is only good at selling tickets.

I hope Lakers can sign a true veteran center who plays defense and protects the rim. Marc Gasol or DeAndre Jordan are both good candidates to throw max at. Jordan is more likely to get. A starting lineup of Russell, Clarkson, Kobe, Randle and Jordan will be exciting to watch.

I am not that high on Aldridge and Love because both do not play center, and their defense is average at best.

Marc Gasol or DeAndre Jordan are both good..  however, i dont think none of them will come.  time to bring back jordan hill.  :)

yaliu07 said:
Marc Gasol or DeAndre Jordan are both good..  however, i dont think none of them will come.  time to bring back jordan hill.  :)

Might have a decent shot at deandre.

i still prefer okafor..  anyway, russell is probably going to be Lakers superstar/star PG since magic.  (unless you guys want to count in the 2012 nash)..

okafor - didn't draft
marc gasol - probably stay in memphis
deandre jordan - probably going to dallas
greg monroe - probably going to NY
lamarcus aldridge - probably going to spurs
demarcus cousin - sac probably wont trade
jordan hill - just wave option.

time to say hello to tyson chandler - OMG, lakers is so F up...

Back