Lakers News

qwerty said:
jmoney74 said:
qwerty said:
Deandre Jordan at max money is a waste (now or later). He cant even be on the floor in the 4th quarter. He is worth 10-12M/year. Im a fan of how the patriots run their payroll. They dont overpay and arent afraid to let you go.  Look at the Knicks, it was obvious they should not have given Carmelo a max deal, they should not have signed him at all - now he is bad mouthing the organization and the knicks are stuck with him for 4 more years. He isnt a winner, i think Cousins is cut from the same cloth.

i hear you but the team wont get any better. Nfl is not the nba so you cant run it the same way the pats do.

The Spurs remind me of the Patriots.  Both are salary cap leagues. I don't see why they couldn't be run in similar fashion. The pats would have told Kobe not to let the door hit him on the way out. Same thing with wade in Miami. Why in the hell should they give him the 16-18m he wants for three more years?  He plays 50 games a year. Let him test the market, no will offer more than two years for 10m per year and that's if he is lucky.

Because tim duncan is not like shaq or kobe. Less egos in a smaller market. The spurs do a great job but duncan is the glue.

CIuvL52UsAAUqZj.jpg

yaliu07 said:
okafor - didn't draft
marc gasol - probably stay in memphis
deandre jordan - probably going to dallas
greg monroe - probably going to NY
lamarcus aldridge - probably going to spurs
demarcus cousin - sac probably wont trade
jordan hill - just wave option.

time to say hello to tyson chandler - OMG, lakers is so F up...

time for omer asik...

How did the Lakers not make a good impresson on Aldridge?

Did Kobe talk? That's probably what did it.

Kobe: I'm not here to be your friend, if you want to be a winner than stop flip flopping and be a Laker... otherwise go to Texas.
LeMarcus: Uh... yeah.

free agents just like to use Lakers as leverage. brand name plus big market plus cap space. but in reality no stars want to play with a rebuilding team with so many question marks, and Kobe freaking Bryant. So Lakers probably have to overpay for mediocre players.

I think I'm getting sick, not because of the flu.

Is it the presentation?

Maybe they need to bring a championship trophy to the presentation.

Maybe have the Lakers Girls there. Have Rick Fox there to talk about life after being a Lakers. (Easy transition to entertainment)

Because right now whatever they are doing it's now working.

See yaliu... you keep listening to Magic when you should be listening to me.

On that Twitter feed someone pointed out that since Kobe has become a dominant Laker they haven't been able to sign any quality free agents (was Nash an FA signing?).

eyephone said:

Is it the presentation?

Maybe have the Lakers Girls there. Have Rick Fox there to talk about life after being a Lakers. (Easy transition to entertainment)

I just read a tweet, the Lakers presentation was heavy on the off court opportunities, and another tweet that it was not Kobe talking that turn people off, it's the organization inabilty to connect with the players.

eyephone said:
eyephone said:

Is it the presentation?

I just read a tweet, the Lakers presentation was heavy on the off court opportunities, and another tweet that it was not Kobe talking that turn people off, it's the organization inabilty to connect with the players.

Lame. Don't they understand that you no longer need to be in Los Angeles (or any big market) to have a brand and be successful? 

bones said:
eyephone said:
eyephone said:

Is it the presentation?

Lame. Don't they understand that you no longer need to be in Los Angeles (or any big market) to have a brand and be successful?

Not necessarily.. LA guys will usually get more money.. unless you are Lebron.  However, Lamarcus will get more money here for ads than most other cities other than NYC.

LaMarcus probably already had his mind made up about SA.. but hearing about what Kobe said to him is a turnoff. 

jmoney74 said:
bones said:
eyephone said:
eyephone said:

Is it the presentation?

Not necessarily.. LA guys will usually get more money.. unless you are Lebron.  However, Lamarcus will get more money here for ads than most other cities other than NYC.

LaMarcus probably already had his mind made up about SA.. but hearing about what Kobe said to him is a turnoff. 

There's that LA logic that gets the Lakers nowhere.  You don't NEED to be in a big market to get big endorsement deals.  What you do need is success.  KD in OKC proves that.

Edit: Carmelo has 15 sponsors, the most in the NBA probably b/c he plays in the biggest market, according to this article (http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2014/07/30/10-nba-players-with-most-endorsement-deals/) but those 15 sponsors only add up to $9M total.  Now if he actually played on a successful team.....

Back