yaliu07 said:
okafor - didn't draft
marc gasol - probably stay in memphis
deandre jordan - probably going to dallas
greg monroe - probably going to NY
lamarcus aldridge - probably going to spurs
demarcus cousin - sac probably wont trade
jordan hill - just wave option.

time to say hello to tyson chandler - OMG, lakers is so F up...

none of those guys are game changers, perhaps marc gasol. do you really want to pay max money for deandre jordan? no. Lamarcus alrdige is good but not a superstar and he is 30. Cousins is interesting, he could be more trouble than he is worth. greg monroe would have been decent at the right price. Jordan hill is jordan hill.

lets not get carried away. next year is the good crop of free agents.

qwerty said:
yaliu07 said:
okafor - didn't draft
marc gasol - probably stay in memphis
deandre jordan - probably going to dallas
greg monroe - probably going to NY
lamarcus aldridge - probably going to spurs
demarcus cousin - sac probably wont trade
jordan hill - just wave option.

time to say hello to tyson chandler - OMG, lakers is so F up...

none of those guys are game changers, perhaps marc gasol. do you really want to pay max money for deandre jordan? no. Lamarcus alrdige is good but not a superstar and he is 30. Cousins is interesting, he could be more trouble than he is worth. greg monroe would have been decent at the right price. Jordan hill is jordan hill.

lets not get carried away. next year is the good crop of free agents.

Max contracts are irrelevant this year. With new tv contract... We will start seeing 30M a year players as the new max. 20M will be a deal. I would sign deandre to max... Which he will get.

Jordan will get a max deal but he isn't worth it. What does it say when your current team won't give u the max?

Although I think DJ is awesome, I also don't think he's a max player.

I think they should target a mid-level big, no need to spend the money until Kobe is gone.

qwerty said:
Jordan will get a max deal but he isn't worth it. What does it say when your current team won't give u the max?

They are giving him max. Doc has stated this several times. DJ doesn't want to be second third fiddle.

irvinehomeowner said:

I think they should target a mid-level big, no need to spend the money until Kobe is gone.

Yes but come next year mid level is going to be today's max. Might as well get him for that amount today. Next year... Different game.

Oh whttp://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/29/report-lamarcus-aldridge-leaning-toward-signing-with-lakers/hat

i hope this is true

jmoney74 said:
Oh whttp://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/29/report-lamarcus-aldridge-leaning-toward-signing-with-lakers/hat

i hope this is true

I read that also.

Did you know - LA has a summer home in OC.

eyephone said:
jmoney74 said:

i hope this is true

I read that also.

Did you know - LA has a summer home in OC.

Yeah read that he was being recruited out here. If he wants to be home so bad why is he not in texas?  Lol

jmoney74 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Yes but come next year mid level is going to be today's max. Might as well get him for that amount today. Next year... Different game.
Yes but this year's mid level will be a bargain when the cap goes up.

Buy low, sell high!

irvinehomeowner said:
jmoney74 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Yes but this year's mid level will be a bargain when the cap goes up.

Buy low, sell high!

Youre only going to find trash at that level. The team can vastly improve. However can we even sign two max players?  Would be nice to get la and dj.

There is no big worth max money outside of Anthony Davis.

So just spend mid level on a "trash" one (better than Jordan Hill) and spend max on a good FA like a stretch 4 (LeMarcus or Love).

Randall doesn't have to start, he can be in the 2nd unit with Clarkson.

Deandre Jordan at max money is a waste (now or later). He cant even be on the floor in the 4th quarter. He is worth 10-12M/year. Im a fan of how the patriots run their payroll. They dont overpay and arent afraid to let you go.  Look at the Knicks, it was obvious they should not have given Carmelo a max deal, they should not have signed him at all - now he is bad mouthing the organization and the knicks are stuck with him for 4 more years. He isnt a winner, i think Cousins is cut from the same cloth.

jmoney74 said:
qwerty said:

They are giving him max. Doc has stated this several times. DJ doesn't want to be second third fiddle.

not sure if you have noticed but Doc isnt a very good GM.

qwerty said:
Deandre Jordan at max money is a waste (now or later). He cant even be on the floor in the 4th quarter. He is worth 10-12M/year. Im a fan of how the patriots run their payroll. They dont overpay and arent afraid to let you go.  Look at the Knicks, it was obvious they should not have given Carmelo a max deal, they should not have signed him at all - now he is bad mouthing the organization and the knicks are stuck with him for 4 more years. He isnt a winner, i think Cousins is cut from the same cloth.

i hear you but the team wont get any better. Nfl is not the nba so you cant run it the same way the pats do.

jmoney74 said:
qwerty said:

i hear you but the team wont get any better. Nfl is not the nba so you cant run it the same way the pats do.

The Spurs remind me of the Patriots.  Both are salary cap leagues. I don't see why they couldn't be run in similar fashion. The pats would have told Kobe not to let the door hit him on the way out. Same thing with wade in Miami. Why in the hell should they give him the 16-18m he wants for three more years?  He plays 50 games a year. Let him test the market, no will offer more than two years for 10m per year and that's if he is lucky.

qwerty said:
jmoney74 said:
qwerty said:

The Spurs remind me of the Patriots.  Both are salary cap leagues. I don't see why they couldn't be run in similar fashion. The pats would have told Kobe not to let the door hit him on the way out. Same thing with wade in Miami. Why in the hell should they give him the 16-18m he wants for three more years?  He plays 50 games a year. Let him test the market, no will offer more than two years for 10m per year and that's if he is lucky.

i assume retirement package...

Back