Laguna Altura homes

akim997 said:

Hey, if someone (rich chinese) wants to keep buying your stock (irvine housing) beyond its "fundamental" value, there's nothing you can do about it.  just wait on the sidelines and hope the market comes tumbling down...    i know people think that a brand new 2500+ sq ft home in Irvine should be priced at $500K, but I just don't see it happening in our lifetimes (or our kids)...

Maybe in the millions decades later, I am very sure! So if you can afford to buy now, go ahead, however, waiting another year or two may work out too because there is still uncertainty with the European markets as well as the US economic recovery. I am thinking of buying middle or end of this year. I am in no rush.

IndieDev said:
socalquest said:
IndieDev said:
How have LA sales been? Anyone have any legit info?

IndieDev, if Laguna Altura is priced right, perhaps 5% lower than what TIC expects now ($355+ SF), would you buy?

Personally if LA was priced even at 5% below rental parity and I was a young professional with a family looking to buy in Irvine, I wouldn't buy a home there. It's such an unsightly location, and to me, the location of a home can't be remodeled  or changed easily.

If you absolutely need a gated community, Northpark is a much better location, and has an actual guard.

More than the unsightliness of the place, the air pollution from the proximity to the el toro Y is what should put off the parents of a child.

Yes, the location next to one of the top 3 most crowded highways in SoCal is kind of ridiculous. $1,000,000 to live in a bowl next to highway fumes 24/7.

Only powerful Irvine asians with their endless supplies of cash could afford that kind of luxury.

The hospital is cleverly situated nearby to handle the future respiratory patients however no walking for the Asian grandpas and grandmas because the mountain to the sea bike and walking trail forgot about this lost bowl.

That's okay. They can walk across the street to nearby Quail Hill and make the trek to Sand Canyon. That's not a far walk, is it?

This should go to the dare thread. I dare you to walk cross Hwy 133. If FBI includes vehicular injuries and deaths Irvine would not even make the top 10. If the person decides to cross then it would be ruled as a suicide and that does not affect the FBI rating either.

Consequently, all deaths occurred at UCI are now suicide related since Lt John Bare with a business management degree transferred to the university area.

IndieDev said:
That's okay. They can walk across the street to nearby Quail Hill and make the trek to Sand Canyon. That's not a far walk, is it?

Can this thread be derailed by food like the Lambert ranch thread? Just had a very tasty Jalapeno Burger from BJs for lunch today. That is one hell of a good burger.

More than the unsightliness of the place, the air pollution from the proximity to the el toro Y is what should put off the parents of a child.
[/quote]

Yeah, living off a freeway at Laguna Altura does seem lowlife, but inside the community, and being gated, does give it an exclusive look and feel though. There is not much choice for new construction in Irvine. I was thinking of Woodbury, Stonegate or even Portola Springs, but the landfill scares the crap out of me!

Only powerful Irvine asians with their endless supplies of cash could afford that kind of luxury.
[/quote

cash is king i might add

irvinehomeshopper said:
The hospital is cleverly situated nearby to handle the future respiratory patients however no walking for the Asian grandpas and grandmas because the mountain to the sea bike and walking trail forgot about this lost bowl.

To be quite honest, I was there today with my car windows down, and the air was NOT bad at all, and there is no highway traffic noise whatsoever! I think you are exaggerating to diss Laguna Altura. Oh well

irvinehomeshopper said:
This should go to the dare thread. I dare you to walk cross Hwy 133. If FBI includes vehicular injuries and deaths Irvine would not even make the top 10. If the person decides to cross then it would be ruled as a suicide and that does not affect the FBI rating either.

No one walks to stores or restaurants nowadays, unless you live in a real big city like New York or Shanghai! Irvine is a small city to me, only 200,000+ population! We use cars more over here, ok? If you want to walk, use the community parks and trails.

Asian drivers have no idea that the way they drive indirectly caused accidents for others even though they were not directly involved in the collision. I suggest walking. You can't smell or see carbon monoxide either but it can kill you.

socalquest said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

No one walks to stores or restaurants nowadays, unless you live in a real big city like New York or Shanghai! Irvine is a small city to me, only 200,000+ population! We use cars more over here, ok? If you want to walk, use the community parks and trails.

So what is the hurry to buy. Why don't you wait for orchard hills if you only want new construction.

S
socalquest said:

Yeah, living off a freeway at Laguna Altura does seem lowlife, but inside the community, and being gated, does give it an exclusive look and feel though. There is not much choice for new construction in Irvine. I was thinking of Woodbury, Stonegate or even Portola Springs, but the landfill scares the crap out of me!
[/quote]

Personally, I really like Laguna Altura. The two negatives in my mind are lot size, and price. The location is actually pretty awesome IMO. Close proximity to the 405, 133, and 5 --- that's a perk to me. I wish there was a "woodbury towncenter" closer to the location - but if I had $200,000 for a down payment at LA, I'd grab something in San Remo or Sienna. The way I look at it - and I'm not any sort of expert, LA is going to keep its value (or even go up in value) much better than an area like Stonegate. Once Stonegate is completely built out, its going to be very crowded with the 4 neighborhoods (and eventually the great park) all packed together. Whereas, an area like LA, is gated, its by itself, its south of the 405... My wife and I were very close to pulling the trigger at San Mateo last week. But the more we chatted about it, we'd rather wait another whole year and get LA, and who knows maybe the market, or our options will change in that time. I don't see them selling out LA in the next year though...

So do all these toxic freeway ailments apply to Quail Hill too?

One thing to note... the wind moves away from LagAlt to the north.

I like the location of LagAlt too... I just don't care for the wok layout, the lack of a 3rd space, the distance from schools and the exorbitant HOA for a gate and very little amenities. QH is a better value if you can find the right home.

irvinehomeowner said:
So do all these toxic freeway ailments apply to Quail Hill too?

One thing to note... the wind moves away from LagAlt to the north.

I like the location of LagAlt too... I just don't care for the wok layout, the lack of a 3rd space, the distance from schools and the exorbitant HOA for a gate and very little amenities. QH is a better value if you can find the right home.

the SFD at Quail are uphill, and over a mile from the 405.

While LA is almost a mile from the 405, it has two negatives:  it is a mile closer to the 5, and is in a bowl, where the particulate will settle.

Has anyone run their finger on the outside windowsills of the units in LA for the amount of road dust/pulverized tire dust? 

freedomcm said:
Has anyone run their finger on the outside windowsills of the units in LA for the amount of road dust/pulverized tire dust? 
Probably have to wait until the end of construction in 2020 to do a more equal test for this.

Back