Laguna Altura homes

akim997 said:
i might go the other way.  if i end up moving, and if we end up with another kid, i might ditch the p-car for another SUV...  or a minivan  =(
Automatic sliding doors will change your life forever.

Daddy like.

akim997 said:
i might go the other way.  if i end up moving, and if we end up with another kid, i might ditch the p-car for another SUV...  or a minivan  =(

even with kids on the horizon, i was able to convince my wife to let me "get it out of my system" now...  haha, but it was only a matter of time - my daughter loves to go for rides and my wife just rolls her eyes...  not a great "investment" by any means, but sometimes, you have to live...
A minivan?  THE HORROR!!!  haha  Do what I do, buy a slightly used late model private party car which saves you 20-30% off the sticker price.  Still not a great investment, but at least you cushion the depreciation blow a good bit.  Best part is that PENFED offers a 2.49% 60-month car loan or a 1.99% 48-month car loan.  I picked up my 1-year old M with 6k miles earlier this year for a little bit over 20% off the sticket price.  ;)

irvinehomeowner said:
I must be from a different era... while I craved a Porsche when in high school... a GF in college drove one so that made me see it as a woman's car.

I thought guys today like big trucks or SUVs... or even domestic muscle cars.

I guess I'm the only American on this board.  Chevy or Dodge, I'm liking the retro look of some of the stuff they are coming out with but will likely end up with a vet.

Nous said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I must be from a different era... while I craved a Porsche when in high school... a GF in college drove one so that made me see it as a woman's car.

I guess I'm the only American on this board.  Chevy or Dodge, I'm liking the retro look of some of the stuff they are coming out with but will likely end up with a vet.
Every time I see the new Camaro I drool. I don't think I can fit into one nowadays... but it's very nice looking (and can turn into a robot!).

Try a convertible.

irvinehomeowner said:
Nous said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Every time I see the new Camaro I drool. I don't think I can fit into one nowadays... but it's very nice looking (and can turn into a robot!).

Irvine has officially become a "Coastal Canyon City".

Latest Laguna Altura e-mail blast says:
TIC said:
New Year & New Reasons to Discover Irvine's Only Coastal Canyon Village

I wonder if Hidden Valley will be touted as a Coastal Village.

Sure! San Bernardino too will also be a coastal village once the west side of San Andrea Fault sinks into the ocean. Inland Empire will also be renamed Coastal Empire. Are there anymore made up trademark names to make a poopbowl sounds like Shangri-La to trick gullible Asians? :D

irvinehomeowner said:
Irvine has officially become a "Coastal Canyon City".

Latest Laguna Altura e-mail blast says:
TIC said:
New Year & New Reasons to Discover Irvine's Only Coastal Canyon Village

I wonder if Hidden Valley will be touted as a Coastal Village.
I got that too and thought to myself, what kind of LSD was the person that came up with that on?  haha

Coastal Canyon Village inspired by proximity to the ocean sounds expensive, wealthy and prestigious. I wonder what other kinds of fancy name these marketeers could come up for Stonegate and Portola Springs inspired by close proximity to landfill and prison?

You can't get too technical with branding. Hype and perception are worth $$$$ eventhough the quality and plans are no different than Stinkgate. Bad mouthing Stinkgate and Potty Springs are a sign of desperation. I think by Summer we will see LA homes with driveway coming to the rescue. Unlike 2010 the consumers wins this time. After exhaustive consumer research and thousands of hours from expert analysis, the 2012 invention is "California Driveway".

irvinehomeowner said:
It's misleading because technically... Quail Hill borders Laguna Canyon too... so LA would be the SECOND... not the ONLY.

socalquest said:
IndieDev said:
How have LA sales been? Anyone have any legit info?

IndieDev, if Laguna Altura is priced right, perhaps 5% lower than what TIC expects now ($355+ SF), would you buy?

Personally if LA was priced even at 5% below rental parity and I was a young professional with a family looking to buy in Irvine, I wouldn't buy a home there. It's such an unsightly location, and to me, the location of a home can't be remodeled  or changed easily.

If you absolutely need a gated community, Northpark is a much better location, and has an actual guard.

northpark - hicks canyon/ orchard hills/ boeckmann.  they are all very good schools.    boeckmann - not quite as highly rated, but still a great school (along with foothill).  don't underrate TUSD, there are a lot of great schools (elementary schools are great, and pioneer is also a great middle school).  Tustin High and the lower income areas of Tustin get screwed.  Also, parts of Columbus Grove gets zoned to the crappy Tustin schools.  But who knows, you're kid might become a superstar... 

personally, im still interested in laguna altura.  i decided i actually like the wok.  i like the isolation.  and i can deal with living off the freeway.  im not a fan of the price (cor can i afford it), but its not moving down (right now)...  they just sold 4 units (or took deposits on) in the development im interested in in the past two weeks.  they are going to accelerate the opening of the next phase.   

was in there this weekend and there was decent foot traffic.  it must be the rich chinese.  i was waiting to speak with the lady, and a chinese couple were speaking chinese (madarin) to each other (and had an agent translating).  she said that the pre-approval process was an issue because neither of the couple "works here in the US"...    the lady was trying to explain that the pre-approval process meant full doc approval.  the agent said they could state "very high income" and the lady responded that they could probably work something out.    they wanted to meet with lender immediately and seemed inpatient as they wanted to purchase immediately.   

Hey, if someone (rich chinese) wants to keep buying your stock (irvine housing) beyond its "fundamental" value, there's nothing you can do about it.  just wait on the sidelines and hope the market comes tumbling down...    i know people think that a brand new 2500+ sq ft home in Irvine should be priced at $500K, but I just don't see it happening in our lifetimes (or our kids)...

Back