Laguna Altura homes

Laguna Altura has now rescinded the contingent program.  They are willing to negotiate on price (only about 10-15K)... 

akim997 said:
Laguna Altura has now rescinded the contingent program.  They are willing to negotiate on price (only about 10-15K)...

What is that, about 1-2% in price? They think that's going to cut it?

Soylent Green Is People said:
1-2% is a fart in a hurricane.

Seriously.

If I go to my local Porsche dealership and they say "We're going to cut $1,000 off the price of a brand new C4S!", it just wouldn't push me over the edge into purchasing mode.

haha... funny thing is you should be able to get a decent deal now on a 997.2 C4S with the 991 coming out.    There are people out there getting pretty good deals, but none like the ones pcar dealers were offering in '09 (I was offered the 997.2 C2S PDK launch car for $72K)... 

Yeah, $10-15K aint gonna cut it for me.    However, they did sell one of the two plan 2's in phase 2.  Which will solidify there stance on price discounts.  We've moved onto fixer uppers in older neighboorhoods...  been watching too much property brothers...

I still want a 997, but debating with the wife about getting another car gets so frustrating sometimes. I like the Audi for going to the office, and visiting clients, but sometimes I wish I had a "blow your Prius off the freeway" 997 C4S.

IndieDev said:
I still want a 997, but debating with the wife about getting another car gets so frustrating sometimes. I like the Audi for going to the office, and visiting clients, but sometimes I wish I had a "blow your Prius off the freeway" 997 C4S.
Nothing says BLOW YOUR PRIUS OFF THE FREEWAY better than a 997 Turbo.  I had a 996 Turbo in my day (juiced up to over 500hp) and you could blow by almost every car on the road with it.  :D

akim997 said:
haha... funny thing is you should be able to get a decent deal now on a 997.2 C4S with the 991 coming out.    There are people out there getting pretty good deals, but none like the ones pcar dealers were offering in '09 (I was offered the 997.2 C2S PDK launch car for $72K)... 

Yeah, $10-15K aint gonna cut it for me.    However, they did sell one of the two plan 2's in phase 2.  Which will solidify there stance on price discounts.  We've moved onto fixer uppers in older neighboorhoods...  been watching too much property brothers...

When will you be on renovation realities?

akim997 said:
We've moved onto fixer uppers in older neighboorhoods...  been watching too much property brothers...
I like that show but I think it's a bit unrealistic.

Are the buyers paying all cash? Even if the house is coming under their budget price, it they are doing 20% down, the difference isn't going to be the same as the savings. And a 203k only gives them $35k extra.

The other thing is they only end up remodeling the kitchen/family and maybe one other room... what about the other areas that are really messed up like the upstairs bedrooms/baths or the musty basement. One I saw, the still had the old brown wood doors which looked really bad.

IndieDev said:

Ask the wife for a Cayenne Turbo. It's more kid friendly :)

frank69m said:
IndieDev said:

We had that conversation and I brought up the Cayenne, and got "Q5?" in response.

Asian women love Audis.

IndieDev said:
frank69m said:
IndieDev said:

We had that conversation and I brought up the Cayenne, and got "Q5?" in response.

Asian women love Audis.
And BMWs.

USCTrojanCPA said:
IndieDev said:
frank69m said:
IndieDev said:

Asian women love Audis.
And BMWs.

haha. but guys like Porsches. Don't you think you'll look better in this:

cay2.jpg

frank69m said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
IndieDev said:
frank69m said:
IndieDev said:

Asian women love Audis.
And BMWs.

haha. but guys like Porsches
I think most guys like Porsches.  I love the 997 GT3s. 

what's up with guys and porsche? i finally caved in and let my husband buy the car of his dreams - 911 even though we have 2 young kids. don't know what i was thinking!

I must be from a different era... while I craved a Porsche when in high school... a GF in college drove one so that made me see it as a woman's car.

I thought guys today like big trucks or SUVs... or even domestic muscle cars.

kalbi said:
what's up with guys and porsche? i finally caved in and let my husband buy the car of his dreams - 911 even though we have 2 young kids. don't know what i was thinking!
It's definitely a guy thing, but what guy could resist a rear engine sporty car that handles like a dream with those gorgeous lines.  That's awesome that you let your husband have one, I'm sure he's got a big grin on his face every time he starts it up.  :D

frank69m said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
IndieDev said:
frank69m said:
IndieDev said:

Asian women love Audis.
And BMWs.

haha. but guys like Porsches. Don't you think you'll look better in this:

cay2.jpg

Don't tempt me. That being said I think this car discussion would go a lot better for me if I waited until after the move (which should be happening by June if all goes as planned).

i might go the other way.  if i end up moving, and if we end up with another kid, i might ditch the p-car for another SUV...  or a minivan  =(

even with kids on the horizon, i was able to convince my wife to let me "get it out of my system" now...  haha, but it was only a matter of time - my daughter loves to go for rides and my wife just rolls her eyes...  not a great "investment" by any means, but sometimes, you have to live...

Back