Laguna Altura homes

how about a buyback program.
For Laguna Altura buyers, they have the option to sell the house back to TIC at original cost + upgrades within 10 years? This will reduce the fear of housing price drop in the future.

irvinehomeshopper said:
One pot, one sprinkler head and one shrub and we are about to run out of room.
USCTrojanCPA said:
Just got a spam email from our friends at TIC for a Siena home.  Looks like they are offer FREE BACKYARD landscaping for 43 Bianco which is completed and ready for move-in.  I'm sensing a bit of desperation. 

Hey TIC, how about you guys drop the price again???  That might help out sales more than some free landscaping in the backyard.

I don't think anyone is fearing a drop... they just want TIC to bring LA prices down to something reasonable... they think they are Quail Hill.

They should just do a down payment assist program... that way they keep their precious $/sft inflated. Would you rather have $50-100k in designer credit or escrow credit (I realize that costs them more but they ain't moving homes as it is)?

Plus... their floorplans are doo-doo. They improved the SFR ones, they should have made the detached condo ones bigger too. No program can help that.

they should cover the full escrow cost + any point buying fees + HOA fees and Mello-roos for the first year. if they still cannot sell, increase the number of years for free HOA fees and MRs.

irvinehomeowner said:
I don't think anyone is fearing a drop... they just want TIC to bring LA prices down to something reasonable... they think they are Quail Hill.

I'm looking to purchase a home and it seems like every neighborhood has big negatives, so what makes Quail Hills different and desirable than other places?

cultville said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I'm looking to purchase a home and it seems like every neighborhood has big negatives, so what makes Quail Hills different and desirable than other places?

There are several reasons....convenient location, up on a hill, newer homes (built after 2000), lower Mello Roos than newer homes, up on a hill, smaller quaint neighborhood, and generally cooler than other areas of Irvine.

USCTrojanCPA said:
cultville said:
irvinehomeowner said:

There are several reasons....convenient location, up on a hill, newer homes (built after 2000), lower Mello Roos than newer homes, up on a hill, smaller quaint neighborhood, and generally cooler than other areas of Irvine.

USC- you forgot to mention that's its up on a hill!

cultville said:

This is just my personal opinion but in addition to USC's post, it's close to amenities (several pools, parks, a shopping center and an elementary school) and just "minutes" from the beach (I'm kidding... it's closer to the beach than other parts of Irvine, but not that close).

Some people don't like that it's close to the 405 but I think it's fine as most of the homes are not right next to the freeway... and the breezes blowing inland are usually stronger so noise and "contaminants" are carried away from the homes (which also results in the cooler climate).

And it's up on a hill: :D

IHO, you must have saved nearly enough money to get into a Quail Hill detached home by now. Are you going to pull the trigger?

irvinehomeowner said:
cultville said:

This is just my personal opinion but in addition to USC's post, it's close to amenities (several pools, parks, a shopping center and an elementary school) and just "minutes" from the beach (I'm kidding... it's closer to the beach than other parts of Irvine, but not that close).

Some people don't like that it's close to the 405 but I think it's fine as most of the homes are not right next to the freeway... and the breezes blowing inland are usually stronger so noise and "contaminants" are carried away from the homes (which also results in the cooler climate).

You know, I'll tell you something...You guys know I live in QH and I told you before. It's not as close to the freeway as Oak Creek. It's just far away enough up the hill that you get a bit of white noise, but if you shut your double pane or triple pane windows, you barely hear it. And the higher up here you live, the more muted and distant you are.  Also, it isn't as busy as Woodbury is or will be in the next couple of years. And, it's quick enough to get on the 5 or 405 that it really isn't a bother. Wait until Sand Canyon gets all filled up going South with all that they are building up there. Plus, I really love the big green grass area we have up here. Kids love to run around there and its good exercise going and walking up the hill with them to the playgrounds.

I did do a lot of evaluations of the Irvine neighborhoods before I moved here and yes, it is more expensive that other neighborhoods in Irvine, but there is a reason for that :)  Plus, you get breezes from the ocean up here that will blow the dust to Woodbury and Portola Springs where it will linger, you don't have dump like Portola Springs, and best of all, the Military Base Plume can't go up hill right?  :D

irvinehomeowner said:
cultville said:

You know, I'll tell you something...You guys know I live in QH and I told you before. It's not as close to the freeway as Oak Creek. It's just far away enough up the hill that you get a bit of white noise, but if you shut your double pane or triple pane windows, you barely hear it. And the higher up here you live, the more muted and distant you are.  Also, it isn't as busy as Woodbury is or will be in the next couple of years. And, it's quick enough to get on the 5 or 405 that it really isn't a bother. Wait until Sand Canyon gets all filled up going South with all that they are building up there. Plus, I really love the big green grass area we have up here. Kids love to run around there and its good exercise going and walking up the hill with them to the playgrounds.

I did do a lot of evaluations of the Irvine neighborhoods before I moved here and yes, it is more expensive that other neighborhoods in Irvine, but there is a reason for that :)  They can't build on the Preserve next to QH (jeffrey/sand canyon) which is a plus from a traffic perspective. Plus, you get breezes from the ocean up here that will blow the dust to Woodbury and Portola Springs where it will linger, you don't have dump like Portola Springs, and best of all, the Military Base Plume can't go up hill right?  :D

homer_simpson said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
cultville said:
irvinehomeowner said:

USC- you forgot to mention that's its up on a hill!
No I didn't.  ;)

frank69m said:

I did do a lot of evaluations of the Irvine neighborhoods before I moved here and yes, it is more expensive that other neighborhoods in Irvine, but there is a reason for that :)  Plus, you get breezes from the ocean up here that will blow the dust to Woodbury and Portola Springs where it will linger, you don't have dump like Portola Springs, and best of all, the Military Base Plume can't go up hill right?  :D

I think it really depends on the location of your house. My friend who lives in Quail Hill can hear the freeway noise loud and clear in early morning even when the windows are closed. I also used to live in Quail Hill apartment a few years ago and for some reason, it's kinda boring to me with no good restaurants nearby. I also could hear freeway noise and had big ants problems. Maybe things have improved now. It's good for some people but maybe not for some...

Personally, I dont thing QH is worth THAT much more than anywhere else in Irvine.  I'd pay a premium, but it is over $100K more for the same 2460 sq ft Cal Pac floorplan in QH over other areas.    Granted, some of these homes have a "justifiable" view vs. Laguna Altura which is no view.   

I sent a response email saying that I would only be interested if they were willing to drop the price and that otherwise I'd be looking elsewhere.  The response email read, in summary, "good luck on your home search".    A friend of mine went recently, and was told that Laguna Alt was "more attractive than Quail Hill" because it is a private, upscale enclave of homes..  hahaha

akim997 said:
Personally, I dont thing QH is worth THAT much more than anywhere else in Irvine.  I'd pay a premium, but it is over $100K more for the same 2460 sq ft Cal Pac floorplan in QH over other areas.    Granted, some of these homes have a "justifiable" view vs. Laguna Altura which is no view.   

I sent a response email saying that I would only be interested if they were willing to drop the price and that otherwise I'd be looking elsewhere.  The response email read, in summary, "good luck on your home search".    A friend of mine went recently, and was told that Laguna Alt was "more attractive than Quail Hill" because it is a private, upscale enclave of homes..  hahaha
I went to Santa Maria this weekend with a buyer and when I started talking about the slow sales at Laguna Altura the sales lady (annoying as can be) said that they have sold almost all of the homes that they have released and that pricing won't be lowered because sales are no so strong.  I so wanted to call her on her BS but I haven't been at LA for a while so I'm not sure how they are doing.  TIC is worse than a stubborn child throwing a tantram. 

The buyers are a lot smarter now. A shiny piece of paper might say cozy, private, upscale, enclave and world class shopping but this is what the terms really meant:

Cozy=small
Private= you have no view at the bottom of a bowl
Upscale=$200k more and higher HOA fees for a McDonalds crew in uniform
Enclave=A small useless piece of land landlocked by highway and air pollution
World Class Shopping=like you have money left to spend

akim997 said:

USCTrojanCPA said:
I went to Santa Maria this weekend with a buyer and when I started talking about the slow sales at Laguna Altura the sales lady (annoying as can be) said that they have sold almost all of the homes that they have released and that pricing won't be lowered because sales are no so strong.  I so wanted to call her on her BS but I haven't been at LA for a while so I'm not sure how they are doing.  TIC is worse than a stubborn child throwing a tantram. 
We went to LagAlt this weekend to pass by the hoods to see how the build-out was... we didn't go into the models but there were almost zero cars in the sales office parking lot (other than the cars of the sales staff).

It's easy to say you've sold through all your inventory when you only sell 4 houses per phase. They don't look like they're moving very fast, even looking at what they're building... you would think 6 months later there would be more than just a few homes moved into.

We did go into Stonegate, and Maricopa is on Phase 7... so it seems like they're selling more.

These IP sells people are taught to bend the truth.

All sold out meant IP release 4 homes the last 6 months and they are all sold. I heard one went to Dan Young's step daughter. I did not know he hates her that much.

irvinehomeowner said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
We went to LagAlt this weekend to pass by the hoods to see how the build-out was... we didn't go into the models but there were almost zero cars in the sales office parking lot (other than the cars of the sales staff).

It's easy to say you've sold through all your inventory when you only sell 4 houses per phase. They don't look like they're moving very fast, even looking at what they're building... you would think 6 months later there would be more than just a few homes moved into.

We did go into Stonegate, and Maricopa is on Phase 7... so it seems like they're selling more.

irvinehomeshopper said:
I heard one went to Dan Young's step daughter. I did not know he hates her that much.

I almost spit my Vodka out. If that's true, it's got to be one of the most unintentionally funny things TIC has done.

Back