La Vita at Orchard Hills

Finally got to visit La Vita today. First off, I wasn't as put off by the motor court as some on here seem to be. The best motor court homes I've seen. It seems that the homes actually have a driveway, and at least from the way the models were laid out, plan 4 has quite a long driveway (although that is likely lot-specific). I was most impressed by Plan 4, both by the floor plan and lot size. It seems that most of the plan 4 lots from the site plan are quite generous. If I were actually a home buyer, I'd have to give a lot of thought to a Plan 4. Really well done!

header.jpg

La Vita at the Groves in Orchard Hills? was named 'Community of the Year' at the prestigious 2014 SoCal Awards. The dramatic architecture and refined styling of this Irvine luxury new home collection garnered the event's highest honor. Visit La Vita today to experience firsthand the captivating allure of this award-winning Irvine collection, a perfect example of Brookfield Residential's enduring commitment to creating 'The Best Places to Call Home'.

Motorcourt actually won an award.  Go figure.

The plan 4 is really the crown jewel here as everyone knows and it is set way back in a corner. You can barely see it from the street.

Also, the long driveway of plan 4 is literally in front of the plan 2.  I would hate to own that plan 2 and watch my neighbor wash their car right in front of my house.

Did I mention the plan 4's with views will be $2 million?

Resale may be a problem.  2 years from now when you go to an open house you will see cars lined up on sunset cove.  Not going to look the way it does now.

Nice homes but around that price with views, I think Amelia is a better investment in the long run, even without the views.

This was a phase 2 release that was marked as sold when I looked 1 or 2 weeks ago.  Wonder why the buyer dropped out.

According to their web site, Phase 4 is being released.  The two Plan 4vhouses are $2m and $2.3m.  That's a sizeable increase from their last release of Plan 4s...

Isn't this close to the price in Trevi?

Thoughts?

liege168 said:
According to their web site, Phase 4 is being released.  The two Plan 4vhouses are $2m and $2.3m.  That's a sizeable increase from their last release of Plan 4s...

Isn't this close to the price in Trevi?

Thoughts?

I've seen slight increases throughout most phases as they build out in general behind the gates. I'll have to check out Trevi one if these days to see where the price point is at now.

I went to Trevi and checked their current prices and they're still in line with what you posted.  The pricing at Trevi went from $2m to $2.3m for their smallest floor plan while La Vita plan 4 went from $1.8m to $2.3m!!!  Demand must be good...

liege168 said:
I went to Trevi and checked their current prices and they're still in line with what you posted.  The pricing at Trevi went from $2m to $2.3m for their smallest floor plan while La Vita plan 4 went from $1.8m to $2.3m!!!  Demand must be good...

It's so hard to compare directly two different developments, or even the same development phase-to-phase. There are so many considerations built into the base price: size of lot and whether there is a view are two big factors, but even other more subtle considerations such as what is behind the house. La Vita plan 4 going up $500,000 was not simply based on demand.

Good points...  Aside from the view - which Trevi has some of that as well - what do you think it's driving the significant price increase? 

Rthree said:
Thats a picture of cars parked in their driveways. Seems normal.

If you live in La Vita.. :)  In my hood.. I would say 1 out of 8 neighbors fully populate their driveway...  most park in the garage where the car belongs..  that La Vita plan 2AR gets a nice front door view of the 4 car length driveway of plan 4.  Feels mighty squishy..

This pic better be taken on housewarming party day.. HOA will need to be strict with these folks with garage inspections. 

ps9 said:
Rthree said:
Thats a picture of cars parked in their driveways. Seems normal.

If you live in La Vita.. :)  In my hood.. I would say 1 out of 8 neighbors fully populate their driveway...  most park in the garage where the car belongs..  that La Vita plan 2AR gets a nice front door view of the 4 car length driveway of plan 4.  Feels mighty squishy..

This pic better be taken on housewarming party day.. HOA will need to be strict with these folks with garage inspections.

Well to be fair most people just moved in and are still organizing their homes and most of the stuff is in the garage. I'm sure over time they will arrange it all in cabinets, epoxy the garage floor and park their cars in the garages like they are supposed to (we hope  ::) )

But I definitely would not like to see a driveway with cars parked right in front of my front door and front home window.

Back