La Vita at Orchard Hills

So how's 'piazza' life at La Vita?  Neighbors still neighborly or reality setting in?  Anyone care to share their view (especially from a plan 4)?

ps9 said:
So how's 'piazza' life at La Vita?  Neighbors still neighborly or reality setting in?  Anyone care to share their view (especially from a plan 4)?
A family friend of mine moved into a plan 4 a couple months ago, and from what they have told me, they really like it. Nothing to complain about the piazza, just a cul-de-sac-like extension off the street. She even went to the lengths of saying that she actually preferred the piazza layout rather than being directly on the street because of reduced noise.

Also, you have to know that Irvine?s definition of "neighborly" consists of each neighbor respectfully minding their own business while being considerate of their neighbors (not blocking a driveway, etc), for which case the family friend had nothing to complain about either.

I don't know why some folks are so against La Vita's motorcourts.  Certainly wouldn't be a negative for me - you're getting a driveway and a motorcourt.

Jonah said:
I don't know why some folks are so against La Vita's motorcourts.  Certainly wouldn't be a negative for me - you're getting a driveway and a motorcourt.

Because it's odd to spend between $1.5M - $2M and walk outside your home and see other vehicles parked within such a close vicinity.

It kind feels like a compound of sorts to me.  Like I'd wake up and walk outside and say "why'd you guys park in my driveway!".

Of course if you buy any other home in the groves you probably have your neighbors vehicles parked just as close (in terms of length) but when they're on their own driveway to your side, it's just different when you walk out your front door and they're right in your line of sight.

aquabliss said:
Jonah said:

Because it's odd to spend between $1.5M - $2M and walk outside your home and see other vehicles parked within such a close vicinity.

It kind feels like a compound of sorts to me.  Like I'd wake up and walk outside and say "why'd you guys park in my driveway!".

Of course if you buy any other home in the groves you probably have your neighbors vehicles parked just as close (in terms of length) but when they're on their own driveway to your side, it's just different when you walk out your front door and they're right in your line of sight.

I have to agree here - part of the very reason we didn't buy here was because of that. Walking outside of your home and walking right into your neighbors driveway in front of you. Well and we have young kids and the very removed first floor master BR didn't work for us. But they are very beautiful functional homes. To each their own, and obviously La Vita is not short of buyers that see the piazza as a positive.

I find it hard to believe anyone "chooses" to live in a motorcourt setup like La Vita.

If they had the same exact homes in a more traditional set up for the same pricing, do you think La Vita owners would still "choose" the motorcourt version?

irvinehomeowner said:
I find it hard to believe anyone "chooses" to live in a motorcourt setup like La Vita.

If they had the same exact homes in a more traditional set up for the same pricing, do you think La Vita owners would still "choose" the motorcourt version?
I don't think it's a matter of prefering the motorcourt layout, but rather prefering the floorplans over the other homes in the area and not viewing the motorcourt as an issue.

Villager said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I don't think it's a matter of prefering the motorcourt layout, but rather prefering the floorplans over the other homes in the area and not viewing the motorcourt as an issue.

And remember that La Vita has some of the nicest backyard views in the Groves, esp in the earlier phases you could lock a beautiful city view for under 2 million. So for most people view trumps motor court.

Villager said:
irvinehomeowner said:

But it's a good hypothetical to gauge popularity of the motorcourt setup.  If Brookfield offered the same floorplans and lot sizes in both traditional driveway and motorcourt, which would these homeowners have preferred? 

The debate over motor courts, first of all there are a lot of homes in Irvine with houses that are right next to you on both sides. Not much of a difference people. 

La Vita homes for model 4 and 2, sell out immediately because the homes are beautiful with open space, high ceilings and for model 4s a very large backyard with some lots over 12,000 sq feet. Some of the buyers of model 4, bought at 1.7 and 2 million. Phase 9 model 4 homes with smaller lots 9k to 10k just sold out within days for $2.5 mm.

I am interested to understand if there is a new development in Irvine that is as attractive as La Vita with the same price point? Trevi is the closest thing but Trevi homes are going for $3.5 mm and this is not including option upgrades.

So if you don't like the piazza or motor courts, good for you (I wonder where you live that is so great), or you just cannot afford to buy at La Vita so you need to say negative things about the hottest and in the most demand new development in Irvine.

Peace out. 

aquabliss said:
Villager said:
irvinehomeowner said:

But it's a good hypothetical to gauge popularity of the motorcourt setup.  If Brookfield offered the same floorplans and lot sizes in both traditional driveway and motorcourt, which would these homeowners have preferred?

But it can't be offered at the same price.. because it would cost Brookfield more raw land to do the traditional driveway than motorcourt (even with driveway).  So for the exact same number of homes over the same amount of raw land, the motorcourt homes will have to end up having larger lot size over the traditional driveway counterpart because of fewer land allocated to road/common area.  So you have to choose, for the same amount of money, would you rather have more land allocated to roads or your backyard :)

Home Buyer said:
So if you don't like the piazza or motor courts, good for you (I wonder where you live that is so great), or you just cannot afford to buy at La Vita so you need to say negative things about the hottest and in the most demand new development in Irvine.
Man, if you can't listen to people criticizing things they can't afford to buy, you're not going to have much fun on this forum.

To me, La Vita looks great, especially since the front yards are builder installed so no cheap or crazy landscaping.  But having a shared motor court requires a pretty high level of courtesy among neighbors to make the arrangement work.  One inconsiderate neighbor could ruin it for everyone else.  However, if I were a rich polygamist, I'd buy the whole court and put a wife in each unit.

Happiness said:
Home Buyer said:
Man, if you can't listen to people criticizing things they can't afford to buy, you're not going to have much fun on this forum.

To me, La Vita looks great, especially since the front yards are builder installed so no cheap or crazy landscaping.  But having a shared motor court requires a pretty high level of courtesy among neighbors to make the arrangement work.  One inconsiderate neighbor could ruin it for everyone else.  However, if I were a rich polygamist, I'd buy the whole court and put a wife in each unit.

I've notice an interesting pattern...

More people criticized a particular development, better it sells and higher it appreciate.  So,  don't take negative comment to personally.

Regarding to La Vita, totally agree with Happiness's assessment.  And looking at the sales and price increase phase after phase,  looks like La Vita's floor plan and overall design outshine all it's negatives.

lnc said:
Happiness said:
Home Buyer said:

I've notice an interesting pattern...

More people criticized a particular development, better it sells and higher it appreciate.  So,  don't take negative comment to personally.

Regarding to La Vita, totally agree with Happiness's assessment.  And looking at the sales and price increase phase after phase,  looks like La Vita's floor plan and overall design outshine all it's negatives.

I thought only Plan 4 of La Vita was great, others seemed not that special and isn't La Vita the only development there where some of the floor plans didn't even have the 10 feet first floor ceiling?  (I know, I know another comment from someone who couldn't afford La Vita)

Yeah, I was joking with my husband that the courtyard set-up seems ripe for a maternity hotel operation--buy the whole piazza. Privacy for your tourbus comings and goings, since you own the whole plaza, and each house comes with the small downstairs bedroom by the kitchen and laundry for the maid!

What does a typical piazza look like say on a Sunday afternoon?  Are most cars in the garage or out in the driveway?  Does HOA enforce the park in the garage rule?

Zippohunter said:
Here it is again
Since you seem to be fine with posting photos of strangers' homes and their cars clearly showing their license plate numbers, I bet you wouldn't mind anyone else doing the same to your cars and your Messina home. Always cringed at the violation of privacy that is this photo.

Villager said:
Zippohunter said:
Here it is again
Since you seem to be fine with posting photos of strangers' homes and their cars clearly showing their license plate numbers, I bet you wouldn't mind anyone else doing the same to your cars and your Messina home. Always cringed at the violation of privacy that is this photo.

BMW, Lexus, Mercedes...  at least it shows that La Vita is a high class motor court.

Villager said:
Zippohunter said:
Here it is again

Huh? The cars are parked in a semi-public space that just about anyone can access. If this is a privacy violation, seems a bit paranoid.

Back