La Vita at Orchard Hills

eyephone said:
Mety said:
Goriot said:
Mety said:
lovingit said:
I would have to agree with you on this.  But for some reason, La Vita sells faster.  Maybe it?s Shadys $800/month HOA that turns the buyers to OHs $300/month Hoa? Haha

aquabliss said:
$3.8M for La Vita?  I?ll take this any day of the week.  Privacy and serenity is 10x more than La Vita.https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/20-Praire-Grass-92603/home/5899769

What do you guys think would a better/faster resale between La Vita and Shady Canyon?

Based on Buyer Agent Listings, I think both of the Buyers that paid $3.7mm and $3.8mm for these two Plan 4s are Koreans.  Seems like they are taking over OH these days.  They prefer homes that are relatively new, close proximity to School, Zion market and variety of Korean/Asian restaurants which OH offers.  Shady is far away from these offerings, older, and less desirable floor plans for the similar price range.  Buyers that want bigger lot and more privacy will buy SC.  Thus, it's all buyer preference.

I agree. While SC homes might offer more privacy and bigger lots, it's not always about those factors you buy the home for. I personally much prefer newer homes' floor plans. The plazas nearby would be a big plus also. For the buyers with that big home budget, they probably got some Jr. or High School kids which OH offers schools inside their hood. But location-wise, I would much prefer SC for my personal living while I think OH homes are better investments.

?Are better investments?, BUT you don?t believe in ROI.

There is nothing wrong with ROI just like there is nothing wrong money itself. In fact, using God given money wisely is something I would encourage people to do so.

Love of money is the problem. Love of ROI is the problem.

The focus here wasn't really about ROI though. I also said I prefer SC which I think is less attractive for ROI purposes.

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
Goriot said:
Mety said:
lovingit said:
I would have to agree with you on this.  But for some reason, La Vita sells faster.  Maybe it?s Shadys $800/month HOA that turns the buyers to OHs $300/month Hoa? Haha

aquabliss said:
$3.8M for La Vita?  I?ll take this any day of the week.  Privacy and serenity is 10x more than La Vita.https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/20-Praire-Grass-92603/home/5899769

What do you guys think would a better/faster resale between La Vita and Shady Canyon?

Based on Buyer Agent Listings, I think both of the Buyers that paid $3.7mm and $3.8mm for these two Plan 4s are Koreans.  Seems like they are taking over OH these days.  They prefer homes that are relatively new, close proximity to School, Zion market and variety of Korean/Asian restaurants which OH offers.  Shady is far away from these offerings, older, and less desirable floor plans for the similar price range.  Buyers that want bigger lot and more privacy will buy SC.  Thus, it's all buyer preference.

I agree. While SC homes might offer more privacy and bigger lots, it's not always about those factors you buy the home for. I personally much prefer newer homes' floor plans. The plazas nearby would be a big plus also. For the buyers with that big home budget, they probably got some Jr. or High School kids which OH offers schools inside their hood. But location-wise, I would much prefer SC for my personal living while I think OH homes are better investments.

There is nothing wrong with ROI just like there is nothing wrong money itself. In fact, using God given money wisely is something I would encourage people to do so.

The focus here wasn't really about ROI though. I also said I prefer SC which I think is less attractive for ROI purposes.

Sounds the same to me. Because you are looking for a return.

eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
Goriot said:
Mety said:
lovingit said:

aquabliss said:

I wanted to see what people think of SC vs. OH in terms of values, but I ain't messin' with a genius.

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
Goriot said:
Mety said:
lovingit said:

aquabliss said:

I wanted to see what people think of SC vs. OH in terms of values, but I ain't messin' with a genius.

Here we go with the village wars. jkjk
(get ready for the pm threats like what some did to belly) I guess people take it personal if you talk about their village.

USCTrojanCPA said:
OCres said:
Well the people that bought the house had that kind of coin and they bought La Vita.  Many of the people that are in the Vistas could have bought in Shady Canyon but they didn't.

They didn't mainly because of the newer floor plans is my guess.  I think the cheapest homes in Shady Canyon are in the mid/high $3m which is at the very top end of The Groves (La Vita & Alta Vista).

I think you are right about the floor plans.  Also only non-custom community with huge 10K+ lots and views. On price though, top end of Vistas is not high $3M.  AV models sold near $6M.  BV models going for near $5M.  Even BV with view or large lots are $2.8-$3.5M.  Upgrades and landscaping is at least $500K with many spending $1M.  Most Vistas owners (Both AV and BV) could have bought in SC.  But yes, at or below $6M.  Which is still considered on the low end at SC.

Back