La Vita at Orchard Hills

I have to admit they are the nicest looking motor courts I've ever seen but that's like saying "the sweetest turd I ever smelled".  At the end of the day, it is what it is.

aquabliss said:
I have to admit they are the nicest looking motor courts I've ever seen but that's like saying "the sweetest turd I ever smelled".  At the end of the day, it is what it is.

I don't think motor courts are necessarily bad. It's when they are used to save land and make the homes closer together that they lower the value of a home.

paperboyNC said:
aquabliss said:

I don't think motor courts are necessarily bad. It's when they are used to save land and make the homes closer together that they lower the value of a home.

Motor courts are a luxury item only if you are not sharing it with a neighbor.

Nice floorplans.  Brookfield really builds open, spacious homes.  After seeing Messina's floorplans, Brookfields definitely a lot more open.  Messina felt crammed.  I'm not sure how I feel about the piazzas though.  They feel slightly crammed.  Do they all have this "common area" in the middle?

Might be kind of annoying when kids are playing in the front and your neighbors come home.  Also, your visitors have no where to park.

lovingit said:
Might be kind of annoying when kids are playing in the front and your neighbors come home.

The motor court is a perfect protected area for kids to play, way, way, way better than playing in the street - that's annoying and dangerous!

test said:
lovingit said:
Might be kind of annoying when kids are playing in the front and your neighbors come home.

The motor court is a perfect protected area for kids to play, way, way, way better than playing in the street - that's annoying and dangerous!

When's last time you saw kids playing in the street in Irvine?

When I first visit Irvine, I thought it was one of those HOA things that kids are not allow to play in the neighborhood street. 

They play in the street in my neighborhood......... what little we have left of kids anyway. In fact they think they own the streets. Take their sweet time moving out of the way when a car is coming their way.

lnc said:
test said:
lovingit said:

When I first visit Irvine, I thought it was one of those HOA things that kids are not allow to play in the neighborhood street. 
Depends what village in Irvine.

My street always has kids playing, but mostly riding wheeled vehicles up and down the street.

lnc said:
test said:
lovingit said:

Kids are playing in the street in my neighborhood on most evenings.

Just stopped by OH again.  Looks like Lavita has the most traffic and crowd among all the models in the gated side.  I liked these models as well.  Good traffic on Amelia and Trevi.  Savior was little dead.

I wonder how these will sell eventually.  But based on the traffic, I think it will do very well

Finally saw the inside of these only plans 2 and 3, the great rooms felt really small to me.  They should have added 10ft ceilings it would have helped a lot.

Asian kids play on the street?

lnc said:
test said:
lovingit said:

aquabliss said:
Finally saw the inside of these only plans 2 and 3, the great rooms felt really small to me.  They should have added 10ft ceilings it would have helped a lot.

Magnolia and Mulberry at Cypress Village really are a once in a lifetime opportunity.  Unless someone else puts more 10ft ceilings in new homes.

It feels like Trevi has 11ft ceilings in some parts.

Also all Toll Brothers SFR at Baker Ranch are 10ft.

aquabliss said:
Also all Toll Brothers SFR at Baker Ranch are 10ft.

I went by to see the Toll Brothers homes at Baker Ranch today...went to Heights and Highlands.  Floor plans were very unique, especially compared to most of the cookie cutter plans I've been seeing across PP, PS, OH, SG, and CV in the same price range (900K-1.2M).  Some of them were a little gimmicky, so to each his own. :)  I can attest to the higher ceilings, which are nice, along with the vaulted ceilings in the great rooms and stair wells.

grand opening pics

La-Vita-grand-opening-image.jpg

Back