Kogi Korean BBQ truck

[quote author="tmare" date=1253446542][quote author="GraceOMalley" date=1253446378][quote author="tmare" date=1253445999][quote author="tmare" date=1253444561][quote author="green_cactus" date=1253443464][quote author="bkshopr" date=1253442108]Demographic is mostly asians.</blockquote>

Come on, you can give a better breakdown than that ... age, shoe size, etc ... the works</blockquote>

I'm sure he will when he isn't fearing for his life, standing in a long line, trying to update the IHB from his cellphone (all for a few tacos). I guess he is really committed to perfecting his own Kogi tacos at home.</blockquote>

Oops, I thought he actually ventured into the dark parts of Anaheim to get his fix. Scratch all of that, he's just in Irvine, he's not as daring or committed to Kogi as I thought :cheese:</blockquote>

Come on! This is BK.. Mr Egghead himself. Even he doesnt venture into the darkest parts of Anaheim for a taco. Sheeesh! :p Besides, its not like we have anything to do, except sit at home in our <strong>un air-conditioned house </strong>and watch tv.</blockquote>

BTW, what is up with that? Personally, I boycotted making dinner for a few days because I couldn't stand the heat in SA. I know you've survived a lot bk, but making your poor wife work in a sweatshop all day is just a little much!</blockquote>

AMEN SISTER. ** I will pay you later**

Did a drive-by at around 8:20... it was in the Indoor Kart Racing parking lot.

Too many people in line... got kids in the van... but had to get our fix so we headed over to Baja Fresh to get the imitation ones, pizza slices for the kids, rented some movies and headed home.

One day, Kogi Truck, one day.

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1253450186]Did a drive-by at around 8:20... it was in the Indoor Kart Racing parking lot.

Too many people in line... got kids in the van... but had to get our fix so we headed over to Baja Fresh to get the imitation ones, pizza slices for the kids, rented some movies and headed home.

One day, Kogi Truck, one day.</blockquote>

Some people are just content with the imitation. Come over and I will serve you some fake ones better than BAJA Fresh. Did you know that BAJA is the top 10 worse and unhealthiest fast food chain restaurants in the US?

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1253492882]Not content... just convenient.

Not everyone can stand in line for an hour for a taco.

Don't discount the BF ones... they are pretty good.</blockquote>

Not one hour, 2.5 hours for tacos. To get something good you must put in an effort like tacos, romance and houses.

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1253499242]

Not one hour, 2.5 hours for tacos. To get something good you must put in an effort like tacos, romance and houses.</blockquote>

If you put that much effort into tacos, I can only imagine how much effort you put into romance. Grace is a lucky woman! Now if you start putting that much effort into getting your sockballs into the hamper, you'll be all set Bk! :)

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1253500368][quote author="bkshopr" date=1253499242]

Not one hour, 2.5 hours for tacos. To get something good you must put in an effort like tacos, romance and houses.</blockquote>

If you put that much effort into tacos, I can only imagine how much effort you put into romance. Grace is a lucky woman! Now if you start putting that much effort into getting your sockballs into the hamper, you'll be all set Bk! :)</blockquote>

I am actually trying to train my pets so when they see my sock balls they will pick them up and take them to the hamper for a treat. That will take some effort.

[quote author="tmare" date=1253445999][quote author="tmare" date=1253444561][quote author="green_cactus" date=1253443464][quote author="bkshopr" date=1253442108]Demographic is mostly asians.</blockquote>

Come on, you can give a better breakdown than that ... age, shoe size, etc ... the works</blockquote>

I'm sure he will when he isn't fearing for his life, standing in a long line, trying to update the IHB from his cellphone (all for a few tacos). I guess he is really committed to perfecting his own Kogi tacos at home.</blockquote>

Oops, I thought he actually ventured into the dark parts of Anaheim to get his fix. Scratch all of that, he's just in Irvine, he's not as daring or committed to Kogi as I thought :cheese:</blockquote>

Is there another ghetto worse than SA?

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1253445529]I don't see any ihbers at all. They are all afraid of the darkside of irvine west of Von karmon.</blockquote>

We almost made it BK....had the whole family and friends down from SGV last night. Had big plans to storm the Kogi truck last night --- but, uh, somebody brought a big bottle of soju to the party and all of a sudden we forgot all about tacos...

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1253450186]

</blockquote>

Ah, IHO --- we stood in line for 2 hours in Costa Mesa last time with our 6 year old. She had a great time. Nintendo DS was designed for Kogi lines...

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1253492882]Not content... just convenient.

Not everyone can stand in line for an hour for a taco.

Don't discount the BF ones... they are pretty good.</blockquote>

Which Irvine store? Marketplace? Alton? Main?

Actually the korean bbq recipe that No Vas posted a while ago is really good, and comes really close to Kogi, however you need to marinate the short ribs for a good 24 to 48 hours, substitute the sugar for brown sugar, and add about .24 cup of white vinegar to the marinade.

If youre seriously going for the Kogi tacos then chop white onion and cilantro really finely. Heat corn tortillas, and if you like add some shredded cabbage (but its not neccessary)

[quote author="GraceOMalley" date=1253520941]Actually the korean bbq recipe that No Vas posted a while ago is really good, and comes really close to Kogi, however you need to marinate the short ribs for a good 24 to 48 hours, substitute the sugar for brown sugar, and add about .24 cup of white vinegar to the marinade.

If youre seriously going for the Kogi tacos then chop white onion and cilantro really finely. Heat corn tortillas, and if you like add some shredded cabbage (but its not neccessary)</blockquote>

I don't doubt that. I'm just trying the quick and dirty variety. BF doesn't even use rib meat. :-S

Well, the tacos were good, but not BK & Grace good. The faux kimchi was very hot and overpowered the meat in the burrito. If you're already at BF, I would get either the taco or burrito (I preferred the taco), but if you can make 'em at home (either by marinating yourself or picking up premarinated rib meat at the store), I would do that instead. Or hold out for the original.

[quote author="CK" date=1253509406][quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1253450186]

</blockquote>

Ah, IHO --- we stood in line for 2 hours in Costa Mesa last time with our 6 year old. She had a great time. Nintendo DS was designed for Kogi lines...</blockquote>
Yeah... I don't think that would help... mine are a bit more high maintenance and one would probably be running around the parking lot trying to get mowed down by an FCB driver.

How much is the Kogi Truck food anyways?

(and actually... I don't like guacamole)

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1253502985][quote author="bkshopr" date=1253501801]Is there another ghetto worse than SA?</blockquote>

Been to Hawaiian Gardens lately?</blockquote>

I shop at Zion in HG!

Back