Junk fooding

irvinehomeowner said:
The Cheddar Chalupa at Taco Bell was so good.

But someone told me they don't have them anymore... did qwerty buy them all?

Taco Bell upped their game and now have the Quesalupa... so good.

Also... anyone following the fried chicken sandwich wars?

Wendy's, McDs, Jack and KFC have all come out with new chicken sandwiches... I think this is KFC's 4th attempt... but I will tell you... the KFC one is almost as good as Popeye's.... almost.

aquabliss said:
Tried the new cookie place in Spectrum.  It was better than I thought but very rich and probably 500 calories per bite.  I?d have it again maybe once a month.

Where is this located at the spectrum?? Just looked at the spectrum directory and couldn?t find anything. Tried Yelp as well to no avail.

We have been trying cookies lately. Tried dough and arrow and they were good but way too thin.  A couple of weeks ago we tried the cookie plug in Anaheim by angels stadium. The cooked were great. Bought a dozen but the cookies are so big, they are like hockey pucks, we ended up freezing them because we would not have gotten to them all in 3-4 days. They defrost really well. Would definitely recommend the cookie plug.

irvinehomeowner said:
irvinehomeowner said:
The Cheddar Chalupa at Taco Bell was so good.

But someone told me they don't have them anymore... did qwerty buy them all?

Taco Bell upped their game and now have the Quesalupa... so good.

Also... anyone following the fried chicken sandwich wars?

Wendy's, McDs, Jack and KFC have all come out with new chicken sandwiches... I think this is KFC's 4th attempt... but I will tell you... the KFC one is almost as good as Popeye's.... almost.

I have not tried any of these chicken sandwiches but all are on my list to try soon. I guess I?ll save the kfc one for last.

Taco Bell just brought back their potatos again and on Monday they brought back the potatorito. It seems like you can only order through the app for now - I generally use apps if a restaurant offers it. Had to use the ?redeem now? button in the app to order.

They quesalupa is very tasty as well.

qwerty said:
aquabliss said:
Tried the new cookie place in Spectrum.  It was better than I thought but very rich and probably 500 calories per bite.  I?d have it again maybe once a month.

Where is this located at the spectrum?? Just looked at the spectrum directory and couldn?t find anything. Tried Yelp as well to no avail.

We have been trying cookies lately. Tried dough and arrow and they were good but way too thin.  A couple of weeks ago we tried the cookie plug in Anaheim by angels stadium. The cooked were great. Bought a dozen but the cookies are so big, they are like hockey pucks, we ended up freezing them because we would not have gotten to them all in 3-4 days. They defrost really well. Would definitely recommend the cookie plug.

It took the place of Coffee Bean I think.  It's called "Hudson's Cookies"https://hudsonscookies.com/

Strange they don't list the Spectrum location on their website yet.  Thanks for the tip on Cookie Plug, will check it out.

EDIT: Looks like they have it in the directory now:https://www.irvinespectrumcenter.com/dining/restaurants/hudsons-cookies

Chicken Crunchy Tacos are finally BACK starting today at El Pollo Loco.  These were my favorite crunchy tacos (I love shredded chicken).  Can't wait to try them again, hopefully they're as good as I remember and they didn't change the recipe. 

aquabliss said:
Chicken Crunchy Tacos are finally BACK starting today at El Pollo Loco.  These were my favorite crunchy tacos (I love shredded chicken).  Can't wait to try them again, hopefully they're as good as I remember and they didn't change the recipe. 

I was a fan of these as well. Thanks for the heads up. I might get these for dinner with some of their jalape?o sauce. Getting hungry already

I have the TB app and thought about getting the taco pass but didn?t end signing up. I normally don?t get their tacos and then I have to make 10 trips to just get my money back in any given month. That is a lot of TB even for me.

qwerty said:
I have the TB app and thought about getting the taco pass but didn?t end signing up. I normally don?t get their tacos and then I have to make 10 trips to just get my money back in any given month. That is a lot of TB even for me.

Don't you already go there more than 10 times a month? :)

But I forget, you don't really need to save money... that's why you leave me hundies at the basketball court.

I was at Knott's last week and they apparently now have a soft drink annual pass: $36 and all the Coke you can drink for a year!!

The downside is you have to lug this collectible cup around all day, every time you visit.  I saw dads lugging three of these things around while the family waited in line for rides.  No thanks!

3bca6b3afe374dcc0aaa519eba934dc7.jpg

OK so I will NEVER order a fountain drink from Knotts again.  So at Knotts they don't have Ice Dispensers, they have ice in a container UNDER the soda fountain, and they have to scoop the ice up with the cup.  Now normally this is fine if you are getting a clean cup, but many people come in with these refillable cups and they just pop the lid and scoop it right into the ice bucket.  More than once I saw liquid falling from the cup and into the ice bin before the scoop.  Could be leftovers, saliva, who knows what.  I don't know if this is at all Soda locations but definitely has happening at the quick service restaurant we ate at. 

aquabliss said:
OK so I will NEVER order a fountain drink from Knotts again.  So at Knotts they don't have Ice Dispensers, they have ice in a container UNDER the soda fountain, and they have to scoop the ice up with the cup.  Now normally this is fine if you are getting a clean cup, but many people come in with these refillable cups and they just pop the lid and scoop it right into the ice bucket.  More than once I saw liquid falling from the cup and into the ice bin before the scoop.  Could be leftovers, saliva, who knows what.  I don't know if this is at all Soda locations but definitely has happening at the quick service restaurant we ate at.

Not a good idea to drink from or filling up your own cup from  a drinking fountain either.

aquabliss said:

Ronnie, good thing you didn?t notice the roaches and rat droppings either.  You would have barfed like a boy eating one too many cheeseburgers in a model home grand opening.

Knott?s is cited by the health department ALL THE TIME.  The latest was on March 15, 2022.

Inspector?s Comments: Multiple rodent droppings were observed in the following locations:
- on the floor surfaces under the soda dispenser
- on the floor under the flat grill at the cooks line
- on the floor throughout the customer sitting area
https://orangeeco.envisionconnect.com/#/pa2/detail/FA0001236/PR0021396?FacilityName=Orange

Anyone try the pineapple shake at JackInTheBox? I love artificial pineapple flavor and this one has good reviews.  Def need to try it soon.

irvinehomeowner said:
So this begs the question... do you like the flavor of real pineapples? :)

Yes sir I like those as well but typically the flavor is not as intense as the fake one.  Same with peach as I like real peaches but artificial peach flavor is amazing like in those peach gummies at Zion yum.

Back