Junk fooding

Well I drove all the way down there and they were sold out.  They said hopefully back again tomorrow at noon.  Bleh.

aquabliss said:
Q did you try the truffles?

I did. They are pretty good. A really good combination of sweet and salty. Not as good as I though it would be but overall pretty good.  I would say it is the best bast food desert out there though. But there really aren?t many fast food desserts.

qwerty said:
I would say it is the best bast food desert out there though. But there really aren?t many fast food desserts.

You should know this... almost every fast food place has some type of dessert... even if it's just a cookie. :)

I'm trying to think of which place had a really good dessert.. I'm thinking Jack's or something.

BTW: I did not know that Jack in the Box bought Del Taco until recently... maybe we will see some weird food combos at Del Taco.

The fried apple pie at Popeyes is good.  Reminds me of the fried apple pie at McDonalds when I was a kid, ahhhh the memories.

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
I would say it is the best bast food desert out there though. But there really aren?t many fast food desserts.

You should know this... almost every fast food place has some type of dessert... even if it's just a cookie. :)

I'm trying to think of which place had a really good dessert.. I'm thinking Jack's or something.

BTW: I did not know that Jack in the Box bought Del Taco until recently... maybe we will see some weird food combos at Del Taco.

Your right. I guess when I think of dessert I think more of like a cake type item, which this truffle is.

The jack in the box mini churros are very good.
The frosty at Wendy?s I kind of view as a shake but I guess it?s a dessert.

McDonalds strawberry and cream pie is pretty tasty but it is seasonal.

Not sure what carls dessert is these days. Back in the day they had a basic cheesecake.

Now that you mention del taco, they have those caramel cheesecake bites that are pretty awesome. Not a DT so haven?t been there in a long time

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:

Little known fact:  The original three Del Taco's are located in Barstow, CA.  When the founders sold their concept, they retained the right to keep original items on the menu and higher quality ingredients.  So if you're ever hankering for some Del Taco on your way to Vegas, maybe stop in and get a Tostada or Del Cheeseburger.  The cheese and veggies have a fresher quality than typical Del Taco served in other areas.

We know about the Barstow Del Tacos, used to always try to stop by on the way back from Vegas... but haven't driven... or even gone to Vegas.. in years.

Do they still use the slice of tomato in their taco or have they gone to diced?

irvinehomeowner said:
We know about the Barstow Del Tacos, used to always try to stop by on the way back from Vegas... but haven't driven... or even gone to Vegas.. in years.

Do they still use the slice of tomato in their taco or have they gone to diced?

Last I checked, slice of tomato, although I haven't been in a couple of years.

Speaking of fast food desserts, tried the Cookies & Cream pie at McDonalds:

1691602477420.png

Oh... and some McDonalds are back to serving breakfast all day.

Walked into one for lunch the other day and saw some guy eating pancakes... so I ordered a Sausage Muffin. The mobile app said they were not serving breakfast items so I guess it's something you have to ask at the counter.

Also tried that Flying Dutchman last week at In&Out with onions on top and bottom... very messy... it was ok... I don't get the appeal.

1691602846788.png

And you have to be specific to get the viral version... the Flying Dutchman was already a hack and is just meat/cheese/meat... the one on social media you have to ask them to put a whole grilled onion on both the top and bottom (like the tomato or lettuce versions).

But that also showed me that instead of diced grilled onions, you can put a whole grilled onion on your burger.

How can you eat that stuff? excess sugar is a leading cause of cancer.

You only live once, enjoy your life, and it tastes great! You never know what will happen, can get hit by a truck tomorrow or diagnosed with something terminal next year. Just don't go overboard and eat bad shit in moderation. I tell my wife I workout to enjoy food.

Back