Junk fooding

We order Maui Gold pineapples from Hawaii a couple of times a year. Hands down the best pineapples I?ve ever had.

I almost got my wife the pineapple shake about a week ago but she wasn?t in the mood for a shake so it was a no go. It is on my list of fast food items to try out.

Costco used to sell containers of cut pineapple spears for 7.99 those were great.  Then they switched to Mangos and I haven?t seen the pineapple since COVID... bummer. 

Pineapple supply chain issues.

Wonder why mangos seem unaffected... quick google says they are grown domestically and in Mexico... so maybe less shipping problems.

CalBears96 said:
qwerty said:
The Mexican pizza is back at Taco Bell and now this. Life gets better and better!!

Arbys started selling a wagyu steakhouse burger today. It will be on sale through 7/31. I know where I?m going to lunch tomorrow.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/...th-premium-american-wagyu-beef-143018364.html

I wonder if the Arby's in LF is a participating location. It's the closest to my new home in PS.

Yep, per Doordash I can order the Wagyu burger from the Foothill Ranch Arby?s.

aquabliss said:
CalBears96 said:
qwerty said:
The Mexican pizza is back at Taco Bell and now this. Life gets better and better!!

Arbys started selling a wagyu steakhouse burger today. It will be on sale through 7/31. I know where I?m going to lunch tomorrow.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/...th-premium-american-wagyu-beef-143018364.html

I wonder if the Arby's in LF is a participating location. It's the closest to my new home in PS.

Yep, per Doordash I can order the Wagyu burger from the Foothill Ranch Arby?s.

Nice. I might drop by after moving there. Closing escrow this Friday. Will probably move mid to late June.

The arbys in Irvine on jambo/barranca was sold out the burgers. So have not been able to try the burger :-(

Anyone try it??

qwerty said:
The arbys in Irvine on jambo/barranca was sold out the burgers. So have not been able to try the burger :-(

Anyone try it??

Had the Arbys Waygu burger yesterday at the Foothill Ranch Arbys when I was out showing homes in Baker Ranch, it was very tasty.

The Taco Bell on barranca has a big cheez-it tostada. I thinks it?s a test item as I tried to find a review on google/YouTube and found nothing on it online which I thought was odd. So I changed the location to the one in Irvine on el Camino real and the cheez-it tostada was not on the menu. As you can see I?m a hardcore taco bell person

It is the tostada on a big ass square cheez-it. I?ll try it and report back :)

qwerty said:
The Taco Bell on barranca has a big cheez-it tostada. I thinks it?s a test item as I tried to find a review on google/YouTube and found nothing on it online which I thought was odd. So I changed the location to the one in Irvine on el Camino real and the cheez-it tostada was not on the menu. As you can see I?m a hardcore taco bell person

It is the tostada on a big ass square cheez-it. I?ll try it and report back :)

Time to run for the border. <bell sound>

irvinehomeowner said:
I tried it... it's pretty good.

No mexican pizzas though... they are out... supply chain.

I tried it yesterday for lunch. I thought it was ok. The cheezit and beef I don?t think make a great combination. I gotta give it to Taco Bell for their willingness to try new things.

I still haven?t tried the Arbys burger though. When I went it was sold out :-(

They have a note on their door explaining they are out... and their website also has a FAQ:
https://www.tacobell.com/faq/mexican-pizza

TACO BELL MEXICAN PIZZA
WHY ARE THERE NO MORE MEXICAN PIZZAS?
Our fans? love is all consuming, and they?re consuming all the Mexican Pizzas. Demand for the Mexican Pizza was seven times higher than when it was last on menus, and replenishing the beloved menu item is taking longer than we?d like.

WHEN DID THE MEXICAN PIZZA RUN OUT?
Shortages of the Mexican Pizza were unexpected, and have occurred on a rolling basis. We communicated the news to our team members first to ensure they had all of the information and support they?d need to continue serving our guests in our restaurants.

WHEN WILL IT BE BACK?
You can check back here for the latest details and information, including when we plan for the Mexican Pizza to come back to its permanent residency on the Taco Bell menu, expected this fall.

WHAT IF I WASN?T ABLE TO REDEEM MY TACO BELL REWARDS DIGITAL OFFER JUST YET?
Fans who didn?t have the chance to take advantage of the offer just yet will be eligible to redeem the offer after the Mexican Pizza returns to menus.

SO WAS THIS WHOLE THING PLANNED? WAS THIS A LIMITED TIME OFFER?
No. As soon as we?re able to get the Mexican Pizza back in the hands and stomachs of our biggest fans, it?ll be for good.

IS IT GOING AWAY SO IT CAN COME BACK WITH ITS ORIGINAL INGREDIENTS?
The Mexican Pizza was returned to our menu in all its previous glory, complete with the same ingredients of seasoned beef and refried beans between two fried flour tortillas, topped with pizza sauce, our 3 cheese blend and fresh diced tomatoes. When it returns this fall, it?ll be with these same ingredients.

WHAT ABOUT THE MUSICAL?
At this time, we are postponing Mexican Pizza: the Musical. We hope to reschedule to a later date, complete with the joy and celebratory spirit in which it was originally created.

WHAT CAN I HAVE IN THE MEANTIME?
If the last two years have taught us anything, it?s that literally nothing can emotionally take the place of the Mexican Pizza for some of our fans. Until its return, Taco Bell Rewards members will be able to score double the points for their first eligible purchases on each day during May 31-June 6 from participating US locations via the web, app, or in-store orders if the receipt with the purchase contains a bar code at the bottom. We hope our Taco Bell fans enjoy many old favorites and discover new ones, including the Toasted Cheddar Chalupa that recently returned to menus for a limited time starting on 5/19.

The ingredients to the Mexican pizza are very basic and simple.  I wonder what they are not able to procure right now?  Strange.

aquabliss said:
The ingredients to the Mexican pizza are very basic and simple.  I wonder what they are not able to procure right now?  Strange.

Supply chain shortages most likely.  :p

They have all the ingredients to make it except for the the tostada round shell. I?m guessing that is the one they can?t procure.

qwerty said:
They have all the ingredients to make it except for the the tostada round shell. I?m guessing that is the one they can?t procure.

Ya, I guess that?s the only one that?s not in all their other food items.  That round crispy tostada is so basic though, and no shortage of tortillas or chips at any other restaurant or grocery store. 

Back