Johns Creek Homes and Real Estate

Coming Soon. The first Golf Course Community i am going to profile is going to be St. Marlo Country Club.

St. Marlo is set on over 900 acres and surrounded by rolling hills and beautiful hardwoods, the St. Marlo Country Club offers luxury living and unparalleled panoramic views from every home. St. Marlo Country Club is in high demand due to its ideal location and award-winning golf course. St Marlo is named one of the Top Ten new golf courses by Golf Digest Magazine and designed by Dennis Griffiths the 200-acre golf course promises a great day for players of all levels.

St Marlo is located in South Forsyth County and the newly established area of Johns Creek an area known for its lower taxes, great healthcare and highly acclaimed public and private schools, St. Marlo Country Club offers elegant European and Traditional style homes from the mid $500s to over $3 million. And every St. Marlo home offers all the benefits of a country club setting including 24-hour gated access and security, Junior Olympic-size pool, water slides, cabana with grilling area, 9 lighted tennis courts, soccer field, volleyball, basketball court and a enormous Clubhouse with banquet room used for Father/Daughter Dances, Weddings, and other events. Restaurant, Golf Pro shop and more!

315xr13.jpg

Wow! Are those pics of the club houses or the homes?  :)
Yo could never mistake the two in Irvine, that's for sure. Beautiful pictures.

Starlight East said:
Anyone remember that infomercial with that Chips actor 10 years ago where you could buy a piece of real estate at the beautiful Pondarose Pines in Oregon (or was it Washington state)? They were so confident in their sales pitch that they offered to pay for nice vacation there just so they can show it to you.
Actually, the one I found was closer than that, it was in California:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNiWO5gsms8[/youtube]

I think a relative of mine bought there... what a waste, the property tax is more than the land is worth.

Panda, the pics are so beautiful of J.C. To be honest with you, though, when I first heard you were moving to the deep south, I thought you were a little crazy. The first Ku Klux Klan group was created in Tennessee. The 2nd Klan was founded right there in Atlanta. Even until this year, a high school in Georgia still has segregated proms . (Article here.) You know white power groups are against immigration from non-whites, right? I have never been to Johns Creek but I can't think of a less hospitable region in the United States with that sort of race relations. I'd be nervous if I was Korean. Heck, I'd even be hesitant being me. I've lived next to a skinhead before. They creep me out.

Yes, lovely Ocean Shores, WA.

How is it doing now?

http://thedailyworld.com/sections/n...e-ocean-shores-along-many-buyers-savings.html

Starlight East said:
Baby Irvine said:
SoCal, Johns Creek is not really a vacation spot, but a very nice suburbia like Irvine with many home built within a private golf course. Personally, I wouldn't waste my valuable vacation dollars for Johns Creek

You don't understand. We don't want to spend our money on a vacation in Johns Creek, we want to spend your money on a vacation in Johns Creek.

Anyone remember that infomercial with that Chips actor 10 years ago where you could buy a piece of real estate at the beautiful Pondarose Pines in Oregon (or was it Washington state)? They were so confident in their sales pitch that they offered to pay for nice vacation there just so they can show it to you.

Time to step up your game, Baby Irvine.

The biggest different between Johns Creek and Irvine is that one is in Georgia and one is in California.  It's as easy as that.

John Creek may be really nice and beautiful but it's still in Georgia.  Weather is not nearly as good and neither are the job prospects.  You can find a lot of nice towns throughout the United States with nice big houses that are substantially cheaper than Irvine but in the end...they're not in California.  Portland for example is a beautiful city but it has two main employers:  Nike and Intel. 

Living in Orange County allows you access to jobs in LA, OC and San Diego. 

I am just going to state the obvious - some Johns Creek real estate investor clearly has an agenda to up-sell Johns Creek by constantly comparing it to Irvine and brag about how much money he can make. At the end, wanna-be is still not the real thing.

California Court Company,

Stick and stones may break my bones... but words never hurt me. You may call me whatever you want : Wanna be broker, Wanna be real estate agent, Wanna be investor, Wanna be Forex trader.... but if you think I am a Wanna be Irvine.. Hell no! My in-laws lived in the OC for 25 years and they are visiting me right now. First thing he noticed is how fresh the air is with so many green trees. I joked with my father in-law.. that in 2011, I wasn't sure if i was making the right decision moving here instead of Irvine, but i love it here...and he laughed at me and said, "Are you kidding?" Where you live is so much better than Irvine. :)

You have my agenda incorrect. It would be foolish for me to think that any of you will move 2000 miles east and settle here. However, my real agenda is that there is currently no good information out there of what it is really like living in Johns Creek, GA. I would like to provide this information on this thread. I have also mentioned before and have advised others... that i am a believer of managing rental properties in my own backyard.   

So now I will let TalkIrvine decide...

If there are atleast 5 people on TI who are interested in hearing what I have say about Johns Creek, I will continue... otherwise.. I will stop.

If atleast 5 people votes for Panda to continue... Please be quiet and let the Panda talk.

I like Panda trying to make the Irvine comparison because it just makes Irvine look so much better.  :p

First, second and third rule of real estate is location... and in my opinion, no location is better than Southern Cali.

I have friends who live in Georgia and as much as they validate their lifestyle there and enjoy the more affordable housing, they still wish they were back here and don't ask us to join them there. Where do they vacation every single year? Yep... Orange County.

But I don't mind hearing more about John's Creek, I am happy for Panda's success and hope all the best for him to continue doing well.

Irvinecommuter said:
The biggest different between Johns Creek and Irvine is that one is in Georgia and one is in California.  It's as easy as that.

John Creek may be really nice and beautiful but it's still in Georgia.  Weather is not nearly as good and neither are the job prospects.  You can find a lot of nice towns throughout the United States with nice big houses that are substantially cheaper than Irvine but in the end...they're not in California.  Portland for example is a beautiful city but it has two main employers:  Nike and Intel. 

Living in Orange County allows you access to jobs in LA, OC and San Diego. 

Johns Creek is in Alpharetta and only 20-30 minutes into Atlanta. It can take 20 minutes to cross Irvine.

When I go to the tech job boards and put in Alpharetta, I see more jobs than when I put in Irvine.

As for "access" to jobs in LA/SD, ROFLMAO.  I've done LA jobs, I've done SD jobs.  If by access you mean 1-1.5 hour commute each way, then you have access and very few of those jobs are actually near viable public transport that doesn't require the car for portions of it.

Sand to snow? I've done that too. The cold truth is when there is snow, it's 3-4 hours up the mountain and same or more back.  You take the south and draw a 4 hour driving circle and you have everything from the white sand gulf coast to the smoky mountains and a plethora of historic American cities

I vote for you to continue, Panda.

People get so stuck on Irvine and O.C. like it's some kind of Shangri-La. They should see what else is out there. There is as good or better quality of life to be had in other places for a greater value. Even though I am here, I am not invested lock, stock, and barrel (emotionally) in Orange County. I like it when you post pictures. It puts everything in perspective. One day when my spouse isn't holding me hostage in O.C., I would love to check out other areas. Until then, I can live vicariously through your posts.

NSR,

You are comparing the present Johns Creek to present Irvine. Back in 1998... I was tech consultant and looking for tech job in Irvine, but the all the jobs were in Santa Monica and W. LA. Back then, many lived in Irvine and worked in LA.

It is a similar situation in present day Johns Creek. Most of the jobs are in Atlanta, but the job center in the north is emerging the following job centers: Suwanee, Duluth, and Alpharetta.

NCR is one the 500 fortune companies moved its headquarter in Duluth from Ohio. Mitsubishi also has a huge presence here in Suwanee.

Find me a job in the OEM automotive industry and I'll pack my bags for Johns Creek in a second.

Atlanta Braves season tickets for me and closer to NASCAR nation! 

Yellowneck holla!

No Panda, you're not following me.  Alpharetta has a boat load of jobs in it's own right.  Atlanta has even more.  Getting in and out of Irvine sucks.  Irvine DOESN'T have access to LA/SD.  It does if you're desperate for a job and will tolerate 3 hours commuting a day.  But for people with a family (the Irvine target demographic), that's not the case.

My Really Long and Confusing Yellowneck Type of USERName! said:
Find me a job in the OEM automotive industry and I'll pack my bags for Johns Creek in a second.

Atlanta Braves season tickets for me and closer to NASCAR nation! 

Yellowneck holla!

OEM & Atlanta on Indeed.com  156 hits.

OEM & Irvine on indeed.com 133 hits

Back