Johns Creek Homes and Real Estate

Demographics of Irvine 1990 - 2000http://www.cityofirvine.org/mm/demographics/demographics.htm-

In 1990, Irvine ethnic demographics looked like this:
white 68.8%, black 1.8%, Asian, 22.1%, hispanic 6.8% - 1990
white 61.1% black 1.4% Asian 29.8%, hispanic 7.4% - 2000

In 2010, Johns Creek's ethnic demographics looks like this:
white 63.45% black 8.8% Asian 23.36%, hispanic: 5%

I am starting this thread to share some of knowledge on the similarities and differences I see between Irvine and John Creek. Currently, There is no website out there that really captures the real lifestyle in Johns Creek so i am going to try my best to paint that picture for you on this thread.

The northern suburbs of Atlanta is the new Orange County.
Demographic and size:

2013    vs  1997
Atlanta = Los Angeles
Buckhead = Beverly Hills
Alpharetta = Mission Viejo
Suwanee = Aliso Viejo
Johns Creek = Irvine
Milton = Coto de Caza

Milton is the only small city (pop of 30,000) in Georgia that has a higher per capita income than Johns Creek. Otherwise Johns Creek is the wealthiest city in the state of Georgia, with a median family income of about $136,590. In 2009, it was the most affluent city in the state and 95th in the country, according to a Biz journal study.

Incorporation of Johns Creek : December 1st, 2006. The highest valued real estate in Duluth, Suwanee, Alpharetta became the city of Johns Creek. zip codes: are 30024, 30097, 30005, 30022. The zoning can be a little confusing as you can have Suwanee, 30024 in Gwinnett County and Forsyth County. Duluth, 30097 can be in Forsyth County, Gwinnett, and Fulton County. 95% of Johns Creek is Fulton County. School clusters are the most important in zoning.

The #1 high school in Georgia is Northview High School which ranks neck to neck with University High via Newsweek national ranking. There are three high schools in John Creek:

1. Northview HS
2. Chattahoochee
3. Johns Creek
4. Lambert HS - This is the new high school in the unincorporated Johns Creek in Forsyth County.

All four high schools are ranked in the top 15 in the state.

Sales tax in Gwinnett County is 6%, Fulton and Forsyth County is 7%
Real estate tax in Fulton County if 1.5%, Gwinnett County is 1.2%, Forsyth County is 1.0%

Forsyth County is the 6 fastest county in the United States and the 13th wealthiest county.

Source:http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2010/real_estate/1006/gallery.fastest_growing_US_counties/6.html

City similarities:
Atlanta = Los Angeles
Buckhead = Beverly Hills
Alpharetta = Mission Viejo
Suwanee = Aliso Viejo
Johns Creek = Irvine
Milton = Coto de Caza

Just a few cents more per gallon here in Irvine and you get sunshine all year round.

I saw a headline somewhere this week that named Atlanta as the #1 redneck town in all of the USA. Is Johns Creek a "redneck" town?

The Asians (particularly the mainland Chinese) still prefers the West Coast.

Jamboreedude,

In the last 2 years I've lived in Johns Creek, I maybe met two native Georgians. Majority of the people I've met here are transplants from the east coast, Chicago, and west coast. lol. Johns Creek is no reck neck city, it more like the OC city like the rest of the surrounding cities.

Let's have an honest and open discussion on the good and the bad for both cities. 

Golf Course Community and Homes in Johns Creek I will profile on this thread:

1. Country Club of the South - Johns Creek HS
2. St Marlo Country Club - Lamber HS
3 St Ives - Northview HS

Private Country Clubs outside of Johns Creek.

The River Club - Gwinnett Suwanee prices start from the $900s. -  North Gwinnett HS
Sugarloaf Club Country Club - Gwinnett Duluth -  prices range from $600k - $5M -  Peachtree Ridge HS

How many basketball courts does JC have with pick-up games almost every day of the week?

What's the distance in time from sand to snow?

How many Targets? How many Costcos? Or should I be asking how 99 Ranchs?

How many job centers are close by?

Is there a major university in Johns Creek?

Does it have a Boomers?

Panda, I gotta ask. Are the Baby Pandas going to have a southern drawl being raised in "Jawja"?? You said you've only met 2 natives. Will there be a lot more at the local elementary?

Baby Irvine said:
My gosh... the stereotype you guys have about the south is really funny? Most of the people I meet here do not talk with a southern accent.

Do you guys envision that half the population of Johns Creek is black and everybody runs around in their cowboy hats?

Nah, ten gallon hats are so Texan. Blacks, mebe. Accents - definitely!

I am always intrigued by out of state living but at the end of the day it is not Orange County.  Plus, the older I get the more selective I've become in where I want to live.  The right city isn't enough now as it's where within the city and at times it's even a particular street that has most preference.

I'd love to sell my house and buy a McMansion in another state, but there is just something addicting in the Orange Co. water.  I think they put in flavorless "kool-aid" or something. 

By the volume of posts about John's Creek, it seems like they have something in their water there too, haha.

Admitted it Baby Irvine your Johns Creep is not as good as the Creepy Johns in this city. The restrooms at East Pearl is equally disgusting as Irvine's China Garden. Irvine and Johns Creek could be twins. There are a lot of blacks in Georgia and so is Irvine where IHO lives.  I bet you don't have Chinese mainlander who pimp his mother so he can live in an affluent city, your trash dump does not generate million dollar neighborhoods and 15,000 families are looking forward to living next to a prison. You don't even have a fence between you and your neighbor!

I wanted to know what I could go see & do if I took a trip to Johns Creek. So, I looked it up tripadvisor.com. It recommends I visit Outback Steakhouse. We already have a Steakback Outhouse here.

Then I checked the Johns Creek Visitor's Bureau website. It mentions an aquarium up in Atlanta. That's not really J.C., though. Panda, is there anything else to do on vacation in Johns Creek?

SoCal said:
I wanted to know what I could go see & do if I took a trip to Johns Creek. So, I looked it up tripadvisor.com. It recommends I visit Outback Steakhouse. We already have a Steakback Outhouse here.

Then I checked the Johns Creek Visitor's Bureau website. It mentions an aquarium up in Atlanta. That's not really J.C., though. Panda, is there anything else to do on vacation in Johns Creek?

I would go here
http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-varsity-atlanta-2

only 40 minutes away

ps9 said:
SoCal said:

I would go here

only 40 minutes away

ive been to the varsity - pretty damn good food.

I would imagine Irvine is a better city for investment property appreciation due to the Asians.  They don't like flying an extra 5+ hours w/ a stop at LAX just to get back to the motherland.

Zubs, My wife and I are vacationing in Korea for 2 weeks and there is no stop to LAX. We have very large Korean Air Planes flying direct to Korea and I am sure there many other direct flights to Asian from Atlanta. I agree that the flight is longer by 5 hours.

I disagree with you that Irvine is a better city for investments. You are not investing for cash flow in Irvine, but purely a speculation play like Silver/Gold.

Gold/Silver Chart 1992 - 2013
30v2nev.jpg

Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport in Atlanta has been the world's busiest airport every year since 2000.
2011 statistics

1. Hartsfield?Jackson Atlanta International Airport Atlanta, Georgia, United States ATL/KATL 12,611,764
5. O'Hare International Airport Chicago, Illinois, United States ORD/KORD 8,924,701
6. Los Angeles International Airport Los Angeles, California, United States LAX/KLAX 8,781,312
10. Dallas Fort Worth International Airport Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas, United States DFW/KDFW 8,225,400
12. Denver International Airport Denver, Colorado, United States DEN/KDEN 7,576,710
18. John F. Kennedy International Airport Queens, New York City, New York, United States JFK/KJFK 6,404,454

zubs said:
I would imagine Irvine is a better city for investment property appreciation due to the Asians.  They don't like flying an extra 5+ hours w/ a stop at LAX just to get back to the motherland.

We also have the same Love Letter Pizza and Chicken in Johns Creek, but it is separate restaurant.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/love-letter-pizza-and-chicken-irvine

qwerty said:
ps9 said:
SoCal said:

I would go here

only 40 minutes away

ive been to the varsity - pretty damn good food.

SoCal, Johns Creek is not really a vacation spot, but a very nice suburbia like Irvine with many home built within a private golf course. Personally, I wouldn't waste my valuable vacation dollars for Johns Creek, unless you are Korean and want to check out the fastest emerging Koreatown in the nation.:)

xmjsls.jpg
- poll made by Koreans living in the U.S. Atlanta's K-Town ranked #2 after Los Angeles.

We have the Coca Cola Museum, CNN, Atlanta Aquarium, Atlanta Zoo, Botantic Gardens and Lego Land as our local attraction. Stone Mountain and Piedmont Park is really nice too.

However, If you are miserable in Irvine due to the high costs and looking for a change for a better lifestyle for you and your family, have a portable business, or seriously considering to invest in real estate here.. then that is a different story. 

SoCal said:

IrivehomeShopper.. East Pearl is no Johns Creek. My wife and I get our dim sum fix at East Pearl and Golden House. East Pearl is located at the heart of Atlanta New K-Town - Duluth, 30096, 20 - 25 minutes south of Johns Creek. This area is really like LA's olympic blvd and wilshire blvd in the 70s and 80s. There some really nice stuff coming into that area. I took my mom, wife, and sister there and they were very impressed.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/sweet-rice-duluth
l.jpg

l.jpg

irvinehomeshopper said:
Admitted it Baby Irvine your Johns Creep is not as good as the Creepy Johns in this city. The restrooms at East Pearl is equally disgusting as Irvine's China Garden. Irvine and Johns Creek could be twins. There are a lot of blacks in Georgia and so is Irvine where IHO lives.  I bet you don't have Chinese mainlander who pimp his mother so he can live in an affluent city, your trash dump does not generate million dollar neighborhoods and 15,000 families are looking forward to living next to a prison. You don't even have a fence between you and your neighbor!

Back