Johns Creek Homes and Real Estate

qwerty said:
Baby Irvine said:
Did i mention that my annual salary is 3/4 of what she makes a year? Eat that too Qwerty! :)

SoCal said:
"the doctor is a she"

Eat that, Qwerty!  :p

wait, is that supposed to make me feel bad? or make you feel bad that she makes more than you?  :)

qwerter probably makes more than most female doctors, not sure about male doctors though.

Aren't you a little bit impressed that Panda quit his day job and yet he still makes 75% of a physician's pay? I don't know anybody who can say that. Well done, Baby Irvine. I will read your book cover-to-cover. Then I'll put it down and feel like a waste of flesh.

SoCal said:
qwerty said:
Baby Irvine said:
Did i mention that my annual salary is 3/4 of what she makes a year? Eat that too Qwerty! :)

SoCal said:
"the doctor is a she"

Eat that, Qwerty!  :p

wait, is that supposed to make me feel bad? or make you feel bad that she makes more than you?  :)

qwerter probably makes more than most female doctors, not sure about male doctors though.

Aren't you a little bit impressed that Panda quit his day job and yet he still makes 75% of a physician's pay? I don't know anybody who can say that. Well done, Baby Irvine. I will read your book cover-to-cover. Then I'll put it down and feel like a waste of flesh.

im impressed with anyone who pursues something they are passionate about. my sister in law just graduated from pharmacy school and was making 120K as a pharmacist and realized it was not what she wanted to do, she wanted to interact and help patients and now she is making something like 40-50K. 

on the pay thing, the female doctor could be a general practitioner and make 125K, 75% of that is less impressive.  but baby irvine is big balling it in JCreek so she must make upwards of 300K and if panda is making 75% of that after switching careers that would be pretty impressive.

regardless of the pay, what Baby Irvine/Panda is doing is great, he is doing something he loves which is more than i can say for myself.

Panda... you should invest in the qwerterIHO Flip business.

We find a 2-car garage home, add a THIRD leg... err... garage and boom... $100k!

panda should let iho and me be minority partners in his business. not sure why he is being selfish. why settle for 3M in 7 years when it could be 10M in 5 years!

I did have a question, if homes are so cheap, why aren't these people (esp the ones with money) buying them instead and paying less than current rental rate? Is it because of the lack of apartment complexes?

Seems to be a ton of new homes going up in JC... interesting RE market there.

irvinehomeowner said:
I did have a question, if homes are so cheap, why aren't these people (esp the ones with money) buying them instead and paying less than current rental rate? Is it because of the lack of apartment complexes?

http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,3823.msg58313.html#msg58313 

IHO,
The first reason is that Johns Creek is still a very low profile city. 99% of locals do not see the connection between Irvine and Johns Creek like i do.

SoCal's link that Johns Creek's household income is among the highest in the nation is one of the first PRs. The other is that the 2011 PGA Championship was also held here. Once Johns Creek makes profile as one of best places to live on Money Magazine like Irvine did, this city will start to become a national brand.

I think the reason few high income tenants choose to rent is due to a transit or disturbance in their lives. Perfect example of this is a divorce. Most of the divorced teenage moms in Johns Creek have excellent credit scores and are professionals making good income. Without this fork in their live, they would never become renters. These are the type of renters you want, who are first time renters downsizing from a luxury lifestyle.

Also many are uncertain where they plan to stay long term. One of the disadvantages of young families is that most of them want to buy a home in Johns Creek in the next 1-2 years. They are not best long term tenants. This may give me an opportunity to represent my tenants as buyer's agent when they are ready to buy in Johns Creek.  My $3000 rent tenant is a relocation senior who is CEO of a major retail chain from Texas. He planned to stay in my house for only 2 years, but as his business grew he stayed put for 7 years. Seniors also do not like to move and in a 5 bed/4th SFR with a basement you can accumulate a lot of junk, and moving is no fun.

irvinehomeowner said:

Anyone else find this thread obnoxious?  Really?!?  I'm going to write a book so you too can achieve my "success"?  I don't know Baby Irvine from Joe Schmoe but 5 bux says he's korean.  Maybe this is all one big joke and I just don't get it?

bones said:
Anyone else find this thread obnoxious?  Really?!?  I'm going to write a book so you too can achieve my "success"?  I don't know Baby Irvine from Joe Schmoe but 5 bux says he's korean.  Maybe this is all one big joke and I just don't get it?

LOL

Bones,

I am not getting you. I don't consider myself achieving success yet, atleast my definition of success. I just started a new career and would like to write a book one day about my journey, perhaps in my late 40s or early 50s. When you write a book when you haven't achieved much success does not have much credibility does it? I just like to share what i have learned so far in this forum if that is okay with you, even my mistakes and failures.

bones said:

I am not going to comment on anything else on this thread, but baby panda.. Mr.CEO can park his money in multiple houses like this himself. Why is he renting? 3k for seven years? Umm.. I think you will make more money teaching these people how to 'invest' than renting houses to them :)

bones said:

Believe me, Baby Irvine is being extremely humble about his background. It is not my info to share but his. Get to know him and maybe you will understand more about his roots and his mentor. I really wish he would post about it here because it explains a lot, imho, and would definitely make an excellent book! It is exciting stuff that a lot of people would brag about. But that's just not him - he's just not a bragger which is cool... rare is the person. Aside from that, I would describe him as: Well-read, uniquely-experienced, intelligent, motivated, and last but not least: quirky. You kind of have to filter out the quirky to get the really good stuff. But the quirky is entertaining, too.  :)

Baby Irvine said:
The first reason is that Johns Creek is still a very low profile city. 99% of locals do not see the connection between Irvine and Johns Creek like i do.

Thanks for sharing your numbers and showing how it can be done.  You've been talking about John's Creek since the IHB days.  I've talked to you in the past about this (and I know you said I should invest in an area local to me).. I'd like to buy a JC home and rent it out.  After paying a property manager, what would the returns be like? 

I wonder if we can get a group buy going for some JC homes.

I'll start a sign up sheet.

1. Homer - 3 John Creek Homes.

2. Bennyboy??

homer_simpson said:
3?!?!? You're such a baller.

Panda: Any new 3CWGs over there? Maybe I'll pack up the family and move the over to ATL and be your gopher boy.

irvinehomeowner said:
homer_simpson said:

Panda: Any new 3CWGs over there? Maybe I'll pack up the family and move the over to ATL and be your gopher boy.

$200k a piece right?  It's only $600k and thats still less than a stupid Irvine detached condo.

homer_simpson said:
irvinehomeowner said:
homer_simpson said:

$200k a piece right?  It's only $600k and thats still less than a stupid Irvine detached condo.

Buy a dozen. You can do it!
Build a dozen! Why buy the plan with so many kinks and try selling it when you "friends" who can help you build the ultimate best house John's Creek can ever have.. I suppose the ground beneath and air above at JC are also better Irvine's? no power lines? no land fills?

Hey NSR,

The local tax is less than 1%, but the schools are among the best in Georgia. Here is the annual local tax bill i received last week. I purchased the home in 2011 for $488,068. The 3 Car Garage new construction is already under contract in the mid $600s. The great thing is that the county taxes are not reflective of the real trading prices of these homes. The golf course homes HOA are a bit higher. I pay $2350 a year but you get two 24 hour security guards manning 2 gates, golf membership, club house, swim/tennis and water slide park for the kids. The typical swim tennis HOA in Johns Creek will run you about $600 a year in HOA.

I jog around the neighborhood every morning and the bottom two pictures i took today.

514kgl.jpg

nosuchreality said:
Panda, do those new developments have HOAs and what's the local tax rate? 

Back