Johns Creek Homes and Real Estate

i vote for panda to stay.

if i had to move to somewhere outside of CA, i would probably choose the ATL as well. Decent weather (no snow at least), a good amount of large corporations.  it may not be souther CA but it is not a bad alternative by any means. for most of you that say you wouldnt live outside of Socal im guessing its because your family is here?

qwerty said:
if i had to move to somewhere outside of CA, i would probably choose the ATL as well.

We should do a new thread on this. Interesting topic.

I did my research years ago when Mr. SoCal was offered attractive positions in other areas (but wouldn't budge.)

My top 2 picks: Highlands Ranch, Colorado and any suburb of Dallas, TX (i.e. Plano, Flower Mound...) I would have tried either one in a heartbeat.

SoCal said:
qwerty said:
if i had to move to somewhere outside of CA, i would probably choose the ATL as well.

We should do a new thread on this. Interesting topic.

I did my research years ago when Mr. SoCal was offered attractive positions in other areas (but wouldn't budge.)

My top 2 picks: Highlands Ranch, Colorado and any suburb of Dallas, TX (i.e. Plano, Flower Mound...) I would have tried either one in a heartbeat.

1)  Portland
2)  Las Vegas
3)  Austin, Texas.

So I am curious what is the sales tax in Irvine currently? What about annual stickers for your car? What does it cost for regular gasoline these days?

My wife and I like to shop at Mall of Georgia as the sales tax is only 6% in Gwinnett county. Also if we dine out at Long Horn or something the sales tax is also 6%.

Recently Georgia changed the tax rules for cars. Before if you drive a very expensive car like a $70,000 brand new mercedes or porsche, your car would get taxed like property taxes on a house. A $70,000 car would run you around $1000 a year for stickers.

but now Georgia does not tax like that.

When i bought my sienna, I just paid 6% tax on the purchase price and now I would just have to pay $20 a year, that's it. What is it like in Irvine?

I vote Panda to stay too.  I wouldn't move to GA because I hate humidity.  I'd probably move to Summerlin (the Irvine of Las Vegas) if I had to move out of Orange County.  Everything is cheaper out there with no state income tax and you can still drive/fy to So Cal every quickly.  It's a dry heat out there during the summer.  :-\  ???

Dang it.. I was hoping i wouldn't get 5 votes.. so i can focus on my work :) I must really like you guys as I have no idea why i am still contributing on an Irvine forum.

Trojan.. the weather is actually pretty nice here. The summer heat is nothing like Vegas, Dallas, or Phoenix, and I really do like the changes of seasons. I think Atlanta weather is a perfect weather for Pandas.

I vote for you to start a www.TalkJohnsCreek.com forum.  It'll be you, Socal and USC..

Kidding aside.. I vote for you to stay  :D

Baby Irvine said:
So I am curious what is the sales tax in Irvine currently? What about annual stickers for your car? What does it cost for regular gasoline these days?

My wife and I like to shop at Mall of Georgia as the sales tax is only 6% in Gwinnett county. Also if we dine out at Long Horn or something the sales tax is also 6%.

Recently Georgia changed the tax rules for cars. Before if you drive a very expensive car like a $70,000 brand new mercedes or porsche, your car would get taxed like property taxes on a house. A $70,000 car would run you around $1000 a year for stickers.

When i bought my sienna, I just paid 6% tax on the purchase price and now I would just have to pay $20 a year, that's it. What is it like in Irvine?

this is CA vs GA not a Irvine vs Johns creek thing. tax is 7.75%, for most tags run 200-400 depending on cost of car.  state income tax in texas is 0% what is it  georgia?

Homer,

Your footer note is hilarious "in johns creek the mexicans are black. -Qwerty"

but it is true.

Did you know that the make of California is 57.6% white and 30.7 % Mexican?
well the ratios are almost identical in Georiga: 59.7 white and 30.5% Blacks.

Baby Irvine said:
Homer,

Your footer note is hilarious "in johns creek the mexicans are black. -Qwerty"

but it is true.

Did you know that the make of California is 57.6% white and 30.7 % Mexican?
well the ratios are almost identical in Georiga: 59.7 white and 30.5% Blacks.

thats why i said it. qwerter dont lie.

Texas and Nevada state income tax is 0, but Georgia is 6%.

qwerty said:
Baby Irvine said:

this is CA vs GA not a Irvine vs Johns creek thing. tax is 7.75%, for most tags run 200-400 depending on cost of car.  state income tax in texas is 0% what is it  georgia?

USCTrojanCPA said:
I vote Panda to stay too.  I wouldn't move to GA because I hate humidity.  I'd probably move to Summerlin (the Irvine of Las Vegas) if I had to move out of Orange County.  Everything is cheaper out there with no state income tax and you can still drive/fy to So Cal every quickly.  It's a dry heat out there during the summer.  :-\  ???

I agree. Humidity is a deal-breaker for me, too. So is the size of the bugs in some other states, especially humid ones. I'm deathly afraid of them. A good rule of thumb: Any place that requires a screened-in porch is a big no-no!

Baby Irvine said:
Trojan,

How much did zip codes 92603 and 92620 median home price rise Year or Year. Is 18.5% sound about right with median price at $669,000?

I am trying compare with some of zip codes on my side of the hood.
Is your assumption that Johns Creek RE values in 10-20 years will be like Irvine's now? I think this timeline comparison you are doing is unnecessary because now you are bringing in a speculation component that you said you should avoid.

JC is a cashflow investment, not a future valuation one... you should stick to that.

Plus... JC can never be Irvine... no matter how many statistics you throw at it. :)

IHO, if you are asking me if I think prices homes here is going to go up 3X times like it did in Irvine from 1995 - 2006 my answer is no?
If you asking me if prices will double in value from 2011 to 2021, my answer is yes in select zip codes in Atlanta. One of the zip codes I have been studying in the last 4 years and investing in is up 15% from last year which is not bad for the south as the OC market in general is up 15% from last year.

Not everything goes up in Altanta, you have to be very selective on where you buy. JC will never be Irvine, but do you consider Irvine a good place to invest?

IHO, this picture is for you.  :-*

24yzaxi.jpg

Baby Irvine said:
Trojan,

How much did zip codes 92603 and 92620 median home price rise Year or Year. Is 18.5% sound about right with median price at $669,000?

I am trying compare with some of zip codes on my side of the hood.
Is your assumption that Johns Creek RE values in 10-20 years will be like Irvine's now? I think this timeline comparison you are doing is unnecessary because now you are bringing in a speculation component that you said you should avoid.

JC is a cashflow investment, not a future valuation one... you should stick to that.

Plus... JC can never be Irvine... no matter how many statistics you throw at it. :)
[/quote]

Johns Creek Lifetime Fitness Gold : Located in Johns Creek Technology Park : built in 2007

2-Story_4.jpg

Josh's hip hop dance class : Mondays 7pm at Johns Creek Lifetime.

[youtube]0I--pWHaPPA[/youtube]

Panda, a quick story about my (second) "1st impression" of Irvine: In 2008 when we moved back to Irvine from the I.E., I let my husband pick out where we were going to live while we searched for our next purchase. (I have had other women tell me I am crazy for letting him do that without me approving it. But I trust his judgement 100% 98%!  :) I quickly & easily forgive the other 2% because it's certainly not for a lack of trying.  :) )

Anyway, the day we moved in, I was going in totally site-unseen. It had also been 5 years since I was last in Irvine - it changed so much in that time. We got into Irvine. I had no idea where I was. He drove us past this one monstrosity with the most hideous shade of burnt orange stucco you ever saw (Portola Place in Portola Springs). It was jam packed, 3 stories high. My exact words were, "OmG. Look at that. That is the ugliest thing I have ever seen! Thank God we are not moving there."

The car slowed down.... then stopped. He said... "Welcome Home!  :) "
:-\

Panda, judging from the photos, somehow I don't think you or your visiting friends & family would ever have that first impression about your Johns Creek neighborhood, even secretly. It has so much going for it already... in many ways it is already a higher caliber area than Irvine, imho.

This Johns Creek's version of the Irvine Spectrum. Today it looks a lot like what the Irvine Spectrum looked like in 1986.

m9xb2a.jpg

Back