43. Fayette County - Fayette
44. Grayson - Gwinnett
45. TEACH Charter - Fulton
46. Sprayberry - Cobb
47. Allatoona - Cobb
48. Cherokee - Cherokee
49. Dacula - Gwinnett
50. Sandy Creek - Fayette

GA Tech and UGA Admissions/SAT scores/Best Public High Schools - Atlanta Magazine

*** Top 10 High Schools with % Students Enrolled to GA Tech and UGA

1. Northview High School (FULTON): 28.6% (50+114 out of 573)
2. Chattahoochee High School (FULTON): 25.6% (43+66 out of 425)
3. Alpharetta High School (FULTON): 21.7% (40+82 out of 561)
4. Milton High School (FULTON): 20.5% (39+82 out of 590)
5. Walton High School (COBB): 19.2% (38+88 out of 655)
6. Lambert High School (FORSYTH): 19% (15+61 out of 400)
7. Pope High School (COBB): 18.7% (22+67 out of 475)
8. Lassiter High School (COBB): 18.3% (15+68 out of 453)
9. Johns Creek High School (FULTON): 18% (14+16 out of 167)
10.Starr's Mill High School (FAYETT): 17.7% (23+54 out of 436)

Top 10 High Schools with % Students Enrollments to GA Tech and UGA

*** Top 10 High Schools SAT scores

7 out of 10 high schools with highest GA Tech and UGA enrollments from the above list are also in top 10 highest SAT scores.

1. Northview High School (Fulton): 1751
2. Walton High School (Cobb): 1725
3. Chattahoochee High School (Fulton): 1694
4. Alpharetta High School (Fulton): 1679
5. Pope High School (Cobb): 1676
6. Milton High School (Fulton): 1659
7. Riverwood High School (Fulton): 1652
8. Roswell High School (Fulton): 1645
9. South Forsyth High School (Forsyth): 1640
10.Lassiter High School (Cobb): 1634

Top 10 Metro Atlanta High Schools SAT scores (2011)

*** Top 10 Best Public High Schools - Atlanta Magazine

9 out of 10 high schools with highest GA Tech and UGA enrollments from the above list are also in top 10 Best Public High Schools - Atlanta Magazine

1. Northview High School (Fulton)
2. Walton High School (Cobb)
3. Dekalb School of the Arts High School (Dekalb)
4. Chattahoochee High School (Fulton)
5. Lassiter High School (Cobb)
6. Pope High School (Cobb)
7. Milton High School (Fulton)
8. Alpharetta High School (Fulton)
9. Johns Creek High School (Fulton)
10.Star's Mill High School (Feyett)

Are there jobs nearby or are they mostly in Atlanta?  How far away is Hotlanta from Johns Creek?  Tech jobs, Finances jobs and Healthcare jobs?

Hey Homey,
The jobs centers are all surrounded around Alpharetta, Suwanee, Duluth, and South Forsyth. I predict that Johns Creek Technology will be a major hub for tech jobs, but not there yet. The Tech jobs are mostly in Alpharetta and Atlanta.

You don't want to commute to Hotlanta from Johns Creek. It is like like getting a job in Santa Monica while living in Irvine.

BTW: Rap and Hip hop is really big here.
[youtube]e2QKlmMT8II[/youtube]

No problem..  Mitsuibushi and Hyundai has a huge presence our here in the Suwanee area.

Porsche's headquarter is moving to Atlanta, near the airport. Johns Creek will be too far. Peachtree City is much closer to the airport and a very nice to live. I think IHO's friend moved there from the OC.

Porsche breaks ground for new $100M Atlanta headquartershttp://www.11alive.com/news/article...s-ground-for-new-100-mil-Atlanta-headquartershttp://www.peachtree-city.org/

Peachtree City's high school is McIntosh HS which ranks #13 in the state. Comparable to any JC High Schools, located south of Atlanta. This is a much better a location for you if you are going to work for Porsche.

My Ridiculously Long That's Wat She Said Yellowneck USERName said:
Babyirvine, thanks for the heads up on John Creek.  Definitely keeping this place on my radar.

Born in Fulton, raised in LA, went to college at UCI, figured I'd chime in.  I have siblings and a cousin that live in Duluth and Suwanee, their dream is to buy a home in John's Creek.  As a parallel, my dream was to buy a home in Irvine.  I work in Tustin.  Ironically, my cousin (an electrical engineer, raised in Anaheim), left the state just last year to join my siblings in Suwanee because he couldn't find work here.

I'm in the market for a home now.  Irvine is no longer even a place I will consider.  Obviously it's a terrible time for the first-time homebuyers, even though my wife and I make enough money and can make the down payment, I think it's a bit silly at this point in our lives to buy a home in Irvine (or anywhere in Orange County for that matter).  The home prices are egregious and have climbed way too fast.  We'll probably just sit on our money in the meantime.

My family has pushed for us to buy a home in Georgia, and I've entertained the idea, but my wife wants to stay here (yup, to be close to her family).  Honestly I feel our savings and income are better spent in Georgia, where you could buy a home and even in the event of some horrible catastrophy where we both lose our jobs, we would still be able to easily get by with the amount of savings versus buying something comparable in Irvine.  I visit Suwanee quite often and it's a really nice place in its own right, I think I've driven by John's Creek before.  The only negative I can imagine is lack of a nearby beach (my sister complains about this all the time).  I go to the beach probably two or three times a year at most so it's inconsequential to me.

Georgia is a great alternative for those who don't want to invest over half a million dollars for "great weather".  Georgia weather is pretty decent, yes it can get pretty darn humid in the summer, but it's a small price to pay (literally).  It obviously depends on your lifestyle.  I'm more of an indoors guy, and occasionally get out, but with all that extra money in the bank you can get out every now and then wherever you want.

Oh, they also have a nasty pollen season, so if you have bad allergies, probably not the first place on your list to move to.

And it is true, the Mexicans there are black.

Just my two cents.

One of our family friend, grew up in California and went to college at Georgia. At school she met her now husband, a native in the Atlanta area. Both couldn't wait to get out of Georgia, and bailed right after graduation. They are now happily living in California without any regrets. If you can afford the real thing, why settle for fake?

Phanpd,
Thanks for your thoughtful input.

"The only negative I can imagine is lack of a nearby beach (my sister complains about this all the time).  I go to the beach probably two or three times a year at most so it's inconsequential to me."

I hear you on the beach. I need to see the ocean at least 3 times a year or i go crazy. I finally figured where to go to get my fix and that is Santa Rosa Island. The stretch from Pensacola Beach to Destin is absolutely beautiful with white sand clear blue water. I 've been South Beach Miami and even driven to close Tiger Wood's home in Jupiter Island, but I think nothing beats Santa Rosa Island.

The drive is about 5.5 hours from Johns Creek.

What is the salary difference for similar jobs in GA?

From what I remember, when my relatives relocated to Texas, the bonus was they kept their current salary even though it was higher than that same job in TX.

California Court,

Do you wipe your butt with gold buillions? I think they were up to $1900 in 2011 and i think they are now close to $1300 an ounce.

SoCal said:
The California Court Company said:
If you can afford the real thing, why settle for fake?

Do you wipe your bottom with hundred dollar bills?

how did you know?  it is a little rough but it looks great in my bathroom
Toilet-gold-plated.jpg

SoCal said:
The California Court Company said:
If you can afford the real thing, why settle for fake?

Do you wipe your bottom with hundred dollar bills?

Panda, did you guys have any friends or family already in the Johns Creek area or did you go on your own?

2rndfts.jpg

St Marlo Country Club
School Profile: Source: www.schooldigger.com

Johns Creek Elementary School: Ranks Johns Creek Elementary 15th of 1161 Georgia public elementary schools.
River Watch Middle School: School: Ranks Riverwatch Middle School 3rd of 476 Georgia public middle schools.
Lambert High School: Ranks Lambert High School 10th of 367 Georgia public high schools.

Highest Active Listing: $2,999,000    8480 St Marlo Fairway Dr
Lowest Active Listing: $450,000        8215 Turnberry Way

Median Home Price: $659,638.57
Average Home Price: $600,000
Highest Sale Price: $1,650,000
Lowest Sale Price: $425,000

Currently active listings: 27
5 months of inventory.

Property Tax: 0.9%
HOA: $2350/year

Closings in the last 365 days
nmf0yf.jpg

What I'd like to know is how Panda chose JC in the first place... did you just throw darts at a US map... or find out where HMart had the most locations?

Back