Johns Creek Homes and Real Estate

Map of the golf course homes in Duluth, Suwanee and Johns Creek

dlj0w4.jpg

irvinehomeowner said:
I'm sure there are other areas that are similar to Irvine circa 1997... it can't be just JC... so my question stands... why JC? No friends, no relatives in that area... there had to be some other factors that made you choose there.

If those are personal or top secret, that's fine... but part of me thinks it has to do with some cultural choices... maybe work... Panda is so mysterious.

I think Baby Irvine is being serious when he said he chose John's Creek because of the demographics, and because he hopes zillions of Asians will move there, bump up the housing prices, and he will make lots of $$$ as a landlord/house flipper/sugar plantation owner/whatever.

I find it crazy that we have a 7-page-long thread on this random town in Georgia that nobody cares about. Sorry, Baby Irvine...you have proved to me that John's Creek is an upscale place with many Koreans and country clubs, but...so what. I like to learn about other places but I'm bored with John's Creek.

What John's Creek actually needs, imo, is a name upgrade. John's Creek sounds like a tiny hick town, and it reminds me of Dawson's Creek. I think a cooler, more prestigious-sounding name would improve JC's image.

traceimage said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I'm sure there are other areas that are similar to Irvine circa 1997... it can't be just JC... so my question stands... why JC? No friends, no relatives in that area... there had to be some other factors that made you choose there.

If those are personal or top secret, that's fine... but part of me thinks it has to do with some cultural choices... maybe work... Panda is so mysterious.

I think Baby Irvine is being serious when he said he chose John's Creek because of the demographics, and because he hopes zillions of Asians will move there, bump up the housing prices, and he will make lots of $$$ as a landlord/house flipper/sugar plantation owner/whatever.

I find it crazy that we have a 7-page-long thread on this random town in Georgia that nobody cares about. Sorry, Baby Irvine...you have proved to me that John's Creek is an upscale place with many Koreans and country clubs, but...so what. I like to learn about other places but I'm bored with John's Creek.

What John's Creek actually needs, imo, is a name upgrade. John's Creek sounds like a tiny hick town, and it reminds me of Dawson's Creek. I think a cooler, more prestigious-sounding name would improve JC's image.

I got it!! They should change it to Irvine!! All the FCBs will flock there

Trace,
I am not offended by your post. It is not that I "hope" zillions" of Asians will move here, they are already here and growing at a very fast pace. There is a huge shortage of new construction to keep up with the population growth at this time. 14% appreciation in the Atlanta metro is unheard of in Atlanta metro. I already saw this coming 7 years ago. Asians are a small factor. When I first moved here 2 years ago, there was so much dirt in my immediately surrounding. Large corporations are building on this empty dirt. So the Asians are here first, then the large corporations came next which means jobs and growth.

Trace, you should know me by now via cyber space for 6 years now through IHB.  I am not a man driven by money, but a man driven by passion. God owns everything i have and I am simply the manager of what he has given me.

Koreans are not the largest asian ethnic group that holds the prime locations in JC, but we all know that the Chinese holds the most prime real estate locations in Irvine aka Turtle Rock and 92603 zip codes. You know what i find crazy.. is the poor Asians in Irvine who have no choice but to purchase a $1M home built on a landfill, a 3bed home in Columbus Grove, or a hole in the wall townhome built in 1974 for $650k, thinking that there is a no better life out there.

Johns Creek's city name does not sound cool to you as there is no brand recognition to you: Like Palo Alto, La Jolla, San Clemente, and maybe even Irvine. It never even made it to the Money Magazine's top 100 best places to live wit Carmel, IN as #1. This public press makes me happy as JC is still below the radar. Johns Creek is not some hick city in the south that you may be envisioning, but a true, authentic, emerging city.

IHO, you asked me if threw a dart in the U.S. Map and it hit Johns Creek and I decided to move here. You want to hear the real story? You actually may find this story to be funny, but actually I was praying one day in 2010 and the Lord lead me to a passage in Genesis 12 : 1. The Lord had said to Panda, " Leave your country, your people, and your father's households and go to the land I will show you." So I drew a line with a black pen on a U.S. Map from Chicago to Irvine, but the Lord drew a new line from Chicago to Johns Creek.... and I said.. OK, Johns Creek it is. The next morning, I told Ms. Panda, we are not moving to Irvine, we are moving to Johns Creek. 

traceimage said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Baby Irvine said:
IHO, you asked me if threw a dart in the U.S. Map and it hit Johns Creek and I decided to move here. You want to hear the real story? You actually may find this story to be funny, but actually I was praying one day in 2010 and the Lord lead me to a passage in Genesis 12 : 1. The Lord had said to Panda, " Leave your country, your people, and your father's households and go to the land I will show you." So I drew a line with a black pen on a U.S. Map from Chicago to Irvine, but the Lord drew a new line from Chicago to Johns Creek.... and I said.. OK, Johns Creek it is. The next morning, I told Ms. Panda, we are not moving to Irvine, we are moving to Johns Creek. 
I may not be as "religious" as you... but are you telling me you had a Moses experience? That the hand of God came down, picked up a Sharpie and drew a AAA TripTik route?

Maybe you are being a bit hyperbolic... I understand your life is driven by your faith, but that can't be the whole story. I feel you are slightly insulting everyone's intelligence by saying you picked Johns Creek just based on statistical comparison to Irvine and divine intervention.

I've dropped hints based on why I think you ended up choosing a city near Duluth, GA... but we'll all find out in our next life.

@Trace: Johns Creek is a cooler name than you think... it shares the same initials with the coolest person in history.

irvinehomeowner said:
@Trace: Johns Creek is a cooler name than you think... it shares the same initials with the coolest person in history.

John Cusack! "Say Anything" is one of my favorite movies!

Baby Irvine said:
Trace,
I am not offended by your post. It is not that I "hope" zillions" of Asians will move here, they are already here and growing at a very fast pace. There is a huge shortage of new construction to keep up with the population growth at this time. 14% appreciation in the Atlanta metro is unheard of in Atlanta metro. I already saw this coming 7 years ago. Asians are a small factor. When I first moved here 2 years ago, there was so much dirt in my immediately surrounding. Large corporations are building on this empty dirt. So the Asians are here first, then the large corporations came next which means jobs and growth.

Trace, you should know me by now via cyber space for 6 years now through IHB.  I am not a man driven by money, but a man driven by passion. God owns everything i have and I am simply the manager of what he has given me.

Koreans are not the largest asian ethnic group that holds the prime locations in JC, but we all know that the Chinese holds the most prime real estate locations in Irvine aka Turtle Rock and 92603 zip codes. You know what i find crazy.. is the poor Asians in Irvine who have no choice but to purchase a $1M home built on a landfill, a 3bed home in Columbus Grove, or a hole in the wall townhome built in 1974 for $650k, thinking that there is a no better life out there.

Johns Creek's city name does not sound cool to you as there is no brand recognition to you: Like Palo Alto, La Jolla, San Clemente, and maybe even Irvine. It never even made it to the Money Magazine's top 100 best places to live wit Carmel, IN as #1. This public press makes me happy as JC is still below the radar. Johns Creek is not some hick city in the south that you may be envisioning, but a true, authentic, emerging city.

traceimage said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Panda, I haven't followed your posts enough to know whether the last religious but was real or sarcasm (I hope not!). But here is a very genuine question for you: Did you move to a place where you didn't gave family or friends? I hear a lot of people in Irvine are here to be close to family or friends.

Baby Irvine said:
Trace,

traceimage said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I'm glad you are not offended as I don't mean to offend you. I actually don't think John's Creek is a hick town. I think it's  growing, affluent suburb with a cheeseball name.

The question for me is why you are promoting John's Creek on these forums. It's not really feasible for most Irvine/Socal residents to pick up and move to Georgia. Most people have jobs, families, weather requirements, etc that tie them to this area...it's not like we can just quit our lives in California to move to a new place simply because it has similar demographics to Irvine and a lower cost of living. All of us know there are other places out there and that Socal may not be the smartest place to live, but we are tied here for a myriad of reasons.

Speaking of demographics, why were you searching for a place with similar demographics to Irvine in the 90s? If it's not about money and the hope that prices would skyrocket...is it because Irvine during those years had the ideal ethnic composition for your family? I just don't understand why were you looking for a place like vintage Irvine in the first place.

I do think John's Creek sounds lovely and I'm happy you found a wonderful hometown...just don't know why we are going on and on about it. But since we are, I will ask you some important questions: does JC have a Cracker Barrel? White Castle? Dunkin' Donuts? Any other interesting local restaurant chains? Good indoor malls? I will definitely visit JC if I find myself in Atlanta.

Hi Cubic,
I wasn't quite sure about your question. I guess you were asking if i left my family and friends in Chicago, and the answer is yes. I've had deep roots in Chicago for 25 years, relatives, church friends, and my best friend still lives there. My wife's family still lives in Orange County. This is the home my lovely wife grew up in as a teenager.
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/28-Foxhill-92604/home/4683826

My best friend is visiting me in Johns Creek early June and I think he is going to move here. :)

Cubic Zirconia said:
Baby Irvine said:
Trace,

traceimage said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Panda, I haven't followed your posts enough to know whether the last religious but was real or sarcasm (I hope not!). But here is a very genuine question for you: Did you move to a place where you didn't gave family or friends? I hear a lot of people in Irvine are here to be close to family or friends.

Trace,

Remember you had that major cyber fight with BkShopr and that was the last time we heard from him?

I think you got tired of him bashing Irvine for so long, and you asked him why he is sending his daughter to an Irvine school district while living in Santa Ana, and that really ticked him off. I bring up BkShopr again as I think he really cared about you guys trying to give you guys a different prospective, but he did not have an alternative.

" It's not really feasible for most Irvine/Socal residents to pick up and move to Georgia. Most people have jobs, families, weather requirements, etc that tie them to this area...it's not like we can just quit our lives in California to move to a new place simply because it has similar demographics to Irvine and a lower cost of living. All of us know there are other places out there and that Socal may not be the smartest place to live, but we are tied here for a myriad of reasons."

Trace, you ask me why I promote JC on this forum. My simple answer is that I believe in this new city and I find it that is much better place to live than Irvine. I never asked you to leave California for Georgia. I am just trying to give you guys a different prospective.

As to why the demographics of Irvine? Maybe if I was a mexican, I would be broadcasting to the world how great this new suburb in Miami is. My reason is the same reason as yours. You chose to live in Irvine due to the demographics, access to good jobs, safe environment, good schools, good location, and a great place to raise your family. Where you live, in my opinion, is almost as important as who you marry in life. Since I was young, the only two places I saw myself living in is either the suburbs of LA or Atlanta. For my sister, she can't live anywhere else except NYC. Personally, I hate New York and I would never live there even if you paid me. Compare to any major metro emerging city like Austin, Dallas, Pheonix, Las Vegas, Miami, or Orlando, Atlanta is most like the baby version of LA. Did you know that a lot of film industry from Hollywood is moving here now?

"Now, Atlanta truly has the feel of Hollywood South." http://www.accessatlanta.com/ap/ap/entertainment/big-growth-likely-for-georgias-film-industry/nXZwJ/

Sorry Trace, I forgot to answer of your question.

"does JC have a Cracker Barrel? White Castle? Dunkin' Donuts? Any other interesting local restaurant chains? Good indoor malls? I will definitely visit JC if I find myself in Atlanta."

I am not sure about Cracker Barrel, but we have Whole Foods, trader joes, Two Super Targets, Super H Mart, Lowes, Home Depot, Lifetime Fitness, LA Fitness, 2 Chase Banks and 2 BofA, wells fargo, Egg Harbour, Carrabas Italian Restaurant, Outback, Stoney River, long horn, Kani Japanese Steak house, Kathleen's Catch all with in the JC city.

We have two new outdoor malls: The Forum and the The Avenues. The two largest indoor mall is the Northpointe Mall in Alpharetta and Mall of Georgia in Buford. The highend malls: ex. Luis Vitton, Armani retail stores: are Phillips Plaza, and Lenox Mall.

I am telling you. JC is not some hick city with ku klux klans riding horses around here and restaurant owners telling us, "We don't serve your kind with yellow skin."
http://www.yelp.com/biz/egg-harbor-cafe-johns-creekhttp://www.yelp.com/biz/kathleens-catch-johns-creek

traceimage said:
Baby Irvine said:
Trace,

traceimage said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I'm glad you are not offended as I don't mean to offend you. I actually don't think John's Creek is a hick town. I think it's  growing, affluent suburb with a cheeseball name.

The question for me is why you are promoting John's Creek on these forums. It's not really feasible for most Irvine/Socal residents to pick up and move to Georgia. Most people have jobs, families, weather requirements, etc that tie them to this area...it's not like we can just quit our lives in California to move to a new place simply because it has similar demographics to Irvine and a lower cost of living. All of us know there are other places out there and that Socal may not be the smartest place to live, but we are tied here for a myriad of reasons.

Speaking of demographics, why were you searching for a place with similar demographics to Irvine in the 90s? If it's not about money and the hope that prices would skyrocket...is it because Irvine during those years had the ideal ethnic composition for your family? I just don't understand why were you looking for a place like vintage Irvine in the first place.

I do think John's Creek sounds lovely and I'm happy you found a wonderful hometown...just don't know why we are going on and on about it. But since we are, I will ask you some important questions: does JC have a Cracker Barrel? White Castle? Dunkin' Donuts? Any other interesting local restaurant chains? Good indoor malls? I will definitely visit JC if I find myself in Atlanta.

Baby Irvine said:
Trace,

Remember you had that major cyber fight with BkShopr and that was the last time we heard from him?

I think you got tired of him bashing Irvine for so long, and you asked him why he is sending his daughter to an Irvine school district while living in Santa Ana, and that really ticked him off. I bring up BkShopr again as I think he really cared about you guys trying to give you guys a different prospective, but he did not have an alternative.

" It's not really feasible for most Irvine/Socal residents to pick up and move to Georgia. Most people have jobs, families, weather requirements, etc that tie them to this area...it's not like we can just quit our lives in California to move to a new place simply because it has similar demographics to Irvine and a lower cost of living. All of us know there are other places out there and that Socal may not be the smartest place to live, but we are tied here for a myriad of reasons."

Trace, you ask me why I promote JC on this forum. My simple answer is that I believe in this new city and I find it that is much better place to live than Irvine. I never asked you to leave California for Georgia. I am just trying to give you guys a different prospective.

As to why the demographics of Irvine? Maybe if I was a mexican, I would be broadcasting to the world how great this new suburb in Miami is. My reason is the same reason as yours. You chose to live in Irvine due to the demographics, access to good jobs, safe environment, good schools, good location, and a great place to raise your family. Where you live, in my opinion, is almost as important as who you marry in life. Since I was young, the only two places I saw myself living in is either the suburbs of LA or Atlanta. For my sister, she can't live anywhere else except NYC. Personally, I hate New York and I would never live there even if you paid me. Compare to any major metro emerging city like Austin, Dallas, Pheonix, Las Vegas, Miami, or Orlando, Atlanta is most like the baby version of LA. Did you know that a lot of film industry from Hollywood is moving here now?

"Now, Atlanta truly has the feel of Hollywood South." http://www.accessatlanta.com/ap/ap/entertainment/big-growth-likely-for-georgias-film-industry/nXZwJ/

Sorry Trace, I forgot to answer of your question.

"does JC have a Cracker Barrel? White Castle? Dunkin' Donuts? Any other interesting local restaurant chains? Good indoor malls? I will definitely visit JC if I find myself in Atlanta."

I am not sure about Cracker Barrel, but we have Whole Foods, trader joes, Two Super Targets, Super H Mart, Lowes, Home Depot, Lifetime Fitness, LA Fitness, 2 Chase Banks and 2 BofA, wells fargo, Egg Harbour, Carrabas Italian Restaurant, Outback, Stoney River, long horn, Kani Japanese Steak house, Kathleen's Catch all with in the JC city.

We have two new outdoor malls: The Forum and the The Avenues. The two largest indoor mall is the Northpointe Mall in Alpharetta and Mall of Georgia in Buford. The highend malls: ex. Luis Vitton, Armani retail stores: are Phillips Plaza, and Lenox Mall.

I am telling you. JC is not some hick city with ku klux klans riding horses around here and restaurant owners telling us, "We don't serve your kind with yellow skin."
http://www.yelp.com/biz/egg-harbor-cafe-johns-creekhttp://www.yelp.com/biz/kathleens-catch-johns-creek

LOL Bkshopr! Haven't heard that name in a while. His periodic absences from the forum have nothing to do with me. Anyway, I patched things up with him a long time ago. Sometimes I think I catch a glimpse of him on the forums...

I keep telling you I know John's Creek isn't a hick town. I'm not making fun of it or you. Cracker Barrel and White Castle are chains that I love to visit when in other parts of the country, so I wanted to know if they have them in JC. I don't really care about Whole Foods/Trader Joe's/Outback since I can go to them here. When I visit new areas, I like to experience the local color. This Egg Harbor sounds interesting. My husband loves eggs so I'm sure that would be a hit with him.

Ok, I just checked online and you do have several Cracker Barrels near you! Not in the city of John's Creek, but nearby in Alpharetta, Norcross, and Suwanee. Those are near you, right? Lucky you. You should go and try the chicken and dumplings! Unfortunately, you don't have any White Castles in the whole state of Georgia. :( It's mainly a Midwestern chain with some East Coast locations as well.

irvinehomeowner said:

Indeed, it does. But, I'm having trouble detecting your tone here...?

Baby Irvine said:
I bring up BkShopr again as I think he really cared about you guys trying to give you guys a different prospective, but he did not have an alternative.

Yes, he did. Foothill Ranch.

"Foothill Ranch is by far the best pick of the peripheral locations." - Bkshopr

Click to read more.

Baby Irvine said:
Since I was young, the only two places I saw myself living in is either the suburbs of LA or Atlanta.
Ahh... so there was something else at play. I can understand wanting to move to LA, but why Atlanta? Peaches?

Johns Creek Lifetime Fitness Gold : Located in Johns Creek Technology Park : built in 2007

2-Story_4.jpg

Hi IHO, the dance crew in JC wants to say HI! Johns creek style!

When my wife and I first attending this class 2 years ago... My wife and I were the only asians with 18 other white people. Today the hip hop dance class looks like this :)

You may be making fun of the Peach state, but deep in inside, you and I both know you want that brand new 3 car garage SFR in Johns Creek with a golf course view.  :-*

SoCal,

It is a hip hop dance class and there are men in the class as well. My wife took the video to learn the choreography of the dance moves. After 30 minutes, the class gets split into two and many film the other dance and the instructor films his class as well. I don't know about the rules about uploading it to Youtube so i have taken it down. Sorry if offended anyone, I just wanted to show you guys what my wife and I enjoy doing together in Johns Creek on Monday evenings. We both love to dance.   

My apologies.

IHO, you want to be my next door neighbor? Two new 3 car garage SFRs being built as we speak.

bikwmt.jpg

Back